- Released on dev and stable channels
- Issues detected and fixed in the v0.18
Pending in v0.18
- dev Nougat builds
Issues in the build on nougat causing the delay. Team working on resolving the issue.
To understand difference in /e/ build types read this guide
- Week 34 and 35 devices released
- Release plan for /e/ R on new and supported devices
- Open issues in the /e/ R
List can be modified in case builds fail or there are other issues during the build process
Devices with Stock 11 ROM should flash stock before flashing /e/R .
Pl note this will wipe out your existing data. Take backups if required.
Manual upgrade is required as the default Updater application does not upgrade the OS and on detecting a different OS tends to block the installation. Read the next section for details
S10 series devices Issue reported with TWRP
A LOS maintainer contacted us and shared the information that the TWRP installation of /e/ R or LOS 18.1 can can have issues if attempted with TWRP… even force users to wipe in order to boot up again after an OTA (this is due to TWRP messing with FBE encryption). The suggestion he made was to use the lineage recovery for these devices or a recovery that does not touch /data
- To check with team if lineage recovery works with /e/OS installation - Done
- Request dev team to upgrade the /e/ recovery to include these changes - Not required. The update I got was that it has the same code with minor changes
- Install Documentation to be updated to accommodate these changes - In Progress
There are some references to TWRP installation method which need to be removed . Working on this.
Update: To flash the s10 series devices use the /e/ recovery linked in the installation guide.
- OS OTA upgrade or over the air upgrade development for the S9 / S9+ international variant to Q…denoted by the ‘F’ in the device codename for e.g. SM-G960F
OS OTA will not work if the device is the Korean variant …denoted by the ‘N’ in the device codename for e.g. SM-960N
- Testing successfully done on internal team members. Will work with the volunteer testers in the coming week to test it before release to all S9 / S9+ users. Will update on the progress
This thread will be updated through the week