Status: On Track
- Testing started on 23 Sep
- Check the issues marked for fixing as part of v0.19
- Pl note this list will be updated …issues will be added or may be removed from this cycle and moved to subsequent testing cycles if the resolution is taking time.
Due to some incorrect code check in, the build infra has developed some issues. Issue seems to be specific to devices that came out on Android 11
The team is investigating this issue, ETA for resolution to the issue 1-2 weeks
Devices previously scheduled for release in week 37, 38 and 39 devices will be released in week 40
Sep 27 Update We have resumed the builds for the devices which were not released on Android 11. For now the impact seems to be specific to the builds made for these devices
bramble, alioth , bacon , coral , flame , kebab , lemonadep , redfin, sargo
- I will be updating the release plan once the builds start completing. Some devices may be released over the next couple of days.
Release plan for /e/ R on new and supported devices
List can be modified in case builds fail or there are other issues during the build process
Devices with Stock 11 ROM should flash stock before flashing /e/R .
Pl note this will wipe out your existing data. Take backups if required.
Manual upgrade is required as the default Updater application does not upgrade the OS and on detecting a different OS tends to block the installation. Read the next section for details
Status: In Progress
Testing started. 2 testers successfully upgraded. 3 more tests due on Monday 27 Sep.
What is planned as part of this upgrade
- OS OTA upgrade of the S9 / S9+ international variant to Q… international variant is denoted by the ‘F’ in the device codename for e.g. SM-G960F
- OS OTA will not work if the device is the Korean variant …denoted by the ‘N’ in the device codename for e.g. SM-G960N
- The plan is to first get upgrades out on devices we sell as that is a smaller subset of supported devices. To get this working on all supported devices will require a massive development effort and may not be possible
- Only data lost was the fingerprint set by the user to unlock device. Developer is looking into this. The workaround is to remove any pins or locks before proceeding with the OS OTA upgrade
status: Investigation in progress
Some users may face intermittent timeouts. The team is looking into this issue. No ETA available as yet
You can check the status of our servers here
This thread will be updated through the week