Week 43 : Development and Testing Updates

Is it pronounced mure-e-na or mer-e-na?

Ce pourrait être “Mu-rai-na” à la française, “Mou-rai-na” à la Castillane, " Mu-ry-na " à l’Anglo-Saxonne…

3 Likes

slashy-slash is still the name of the operating system and foundation and store where you buy Murena phones.

This morning I also received the update for my Fairphone 3. Normally there is some time between the dev channel and the stable channel.

e-0.19-p-20211027142975-stable-FP3.zip

I will install this update…

TeamViewer asks for permission, can this be bypassed or have a setting to auto-allow?
Sometimes I want to do something on my phone I left in my room and from computer I can do this (on my other phone) but not on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ /e/ 0.18 Android 10…

According to the internet it’s not TeamViewer asking, and it’s not caused by /e/ particularly.
This also happens with other casting Apps and across devices and their Android OSes. For those affected it seems to have come with Android 10.

Just to be sure … What exactly does it say there in Settings - About phone - Android version (tap on it) - /e/ version?

I haven’t found much to solve it quickly, here’s something to try, though.
Here’s an open question regarding this over at the TeamViewer community … https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/112339/remotely-controlling-android-from-android-unattended

And you might want to open your own topic about this, as these weekly update topics here get closed once the next one arrives.

1 Like

Thanks, that kind of worked (App Ops and Shizuku approach)

Problem I’m having is lock screen looks huge on TeamViewer side. I have to “guess” where the keys are…

The original build for suzuran (Sony Xperia Z5 Compact) was broken. A fixed build is now available at https://images.ecloud.global/dev/suzuran/

1 Like

This will be an upgrade for s9 s9+ users from 8 / oreo to 11?

It says here that it will be an upgrade to Q (Android 10) … Week 39 : Development and Testing Updates

1 Like

Upgrading from 8 based OS to 10 It is the hardest part !
moving from 10 based OS to 11will be a more basic work.

From Oreo to Q for the S9/S9+

2 Likes

Since upgrade OTA to V19 I experiance signifikant battery drainage. It is not possible anymore to load the battery more than say 30 to 40%. Restarting phone results eventually in crashes of the launcher. No apps running in background no settings changed. Fairphone 3+ Form e-store with Android 10.

Can’t confirm on 0.19-q-20211027142973-dev-FP3.
Settings - About phone - Android version (tap on it) - /e/ version

Is a culprit visible in Settings - Battery - (three dot menu) - Battery usage, or in Settings - Battery - (three dot menu) - Battery usage - (three dot menu) - Show full device usage?

And you might want to open your own topic about this, as these weekly update topics here get closed once the next one arrives.

Shure but as it is an official OTA release for FF3 sold by e I think this is an issue. I use the final release not the dev release with OTA update. Usage is minimal. However it is not possible since the update to charge the phone while it is on. I have to shut down the phone, remove battery and reinsert and charge while phone is off (not booted). It will only charge to 100% this way.

Ok, and when the phone is booted again the battery will get drained unusually fast?

Yes. No usage. No app running. Battery usage shows no exceptional usage or APP in the background, just by leaving it on the table it looses 20% weithin 30 min. All happening after OTA.

This topic closed in a few hours. Hint hint…

I am also on stable but do not experience such an issue…