Week 40 : Development and Testing Updates

v0.19 : To be released

• Testing was started on 23 Sep. Release on dev channel to planned this week.

• List of issues resolved

• Pending for closure -

Pending issues will be moved to the next milestone.
    To understand difference between /e/ builds types check this guide

/e/ R rollout

• Devices previously scheduled for release in week 37, 38 and 39 devices will be released this week

• Issues detect with the builds on the following devices …team working on finding a resolution to the issues.

bramble, alioth , bacon , coral , flame , kebab , lemonadep , redfin, sargo

• There is a possibility we may not upgrade OnePlus one bacon to /e/ R…despite our best efforts the device refuses to build. Efforts on to get the other devices to build.

Pl note these are device codenames.

To find your device codename you can run this command in the console of an adb enabled PC with you phone connected via a usb data cable
    $ adb shell getprop ro.product.device

Update 8 Oct We have released the week 37, 38 ,39 and 40 devices :relieved: The release plan has been updated

List will be modified in case builds fail or if issues come up during the build process

:information_source: Installation Tip for /e/R
    Devices with Stock 11 ROM should flash the stock ROM first before flashing /e/ R .

Pl note this will wipe out your existing data. Take backups if required.
    Manual upgrade is required as the default Updater application does not upgrade the OS and on detecting a different OS tends to block the installation. Read the next section for details

OS OTA Upgrade Testing

• Release planned for stable s9 s9+ users who are still on oreo
  • OS OTA will not work for the dev Oreo s9 / S9+ builds.
  • Update will work only on the variant with ‘F’ in the device codename which is the international variant for e.g. SM-G960F
  • OS OTA will not work if the device is the Korean variant …denoted by the ‘N’ in the device for e.g. SM-G960N

This thread will be updated through the week

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

18 Likes

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Samsung - Galaxy S9 - starlte - Documentation Suggestions

Hooray! Great work by the /e/ team, thank you all!

2 Likes

@Manoj , could you please split thread from post #4, excluding post #9 ?
@all : please keep threads readable, not mixing support requests & replies into it !

1 Like

I have moved the posts and shifted them under the documentation suggestions section for the s9 …that way the discussion is not lost as this thread will be closed in a week

4 Likes

@Manoj

This is not clear (at least for me) :

Blockquote
Installation Tip for /e/R
Devices with Stock 11 ROM should flash stock before flashing

You mean to reflash brand/model stock before flashing /e/ R?

Thanks,

Ariel

1 Like

Great work! Will this also be available then for other devices?

Yes. Where the stock 11 ROM is available it should be flashed first before flashing the /e/ R build.

2 Likes

What might be the procedure if the supported device runs Android 12?

and where to find how to upgrade to android 11 while using e/ allready??

@udengoogle You go to the main site of /e/, select try (download).
find your device (Manoj provided a list with the devices and estimate release dates), and there you have the option to install /e/ R

TeamViewer asks for permission, can this be bypassed or have a setting to auto-allow?
Sometimes I want to do something on my phone I left in my room and from computer I can do this (on my other phone) but not on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ /e/ 0.18 Android 10…

thanks. But in that way you dont install the firmaware for the device, isnt ? it says that you have to install manually the android 11 stock firmware. Am I wrong @Manoj ?

If Android 11 stock rom is available for your device it should be flashed with that first. Then flash /e/OS R as indicated in the installation instructions for your phone.

For example: I have a Sony Xperia XA2. Official support for this stopped at Android 9, so I would have to make sure that the last stock android on this phone was 9 before flashing eOS R(11).

Another scenario: You had Android 10 on your device when you last flashed eOS some time ago. Since then Android 11 became available as an update to your phone. So you would have to flash android 11 over the phone before flashing eOS.

Basically you should have/had latest android stock for your device before flashing eOS R

1 Like