What features are supported in the Garmin Connect app?

Hello, everyone!

As a current owner of a TicWatch E3, I’ve been disappointed yet comprehensive about it not being supported on /e/OS. Given this and the fact that the AsteroidOS project seems pretty much dead at this point, not to mention that I doubt there’ll be such a thing as an /e/OS Wear edition thing, I’ve resorted to searching for alternative options.

I’ve grown very interested in selling my Wear OS device or trading it for a Garmin Venu SQ (preferably the music variant), since I’ve seen the Garmin Connect and Garmin IQ apps being listed as supported in a list in this forum, and I’ve read about how good they are privacy-wise in Mozilla’s Privacy not Included guide. However, I’m concerned about missing over some specific features, including Garmin Pay, which I’m very interested in. Especially since I have /e/OS on a Poco X3 Pro, for which it doesn’t pass the CTS Profile test for passing the Safetynet test.

Does anyone have any experience using a Garmin smartwatch with /e/OS, especially with devices that require that Magisk workaround?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi,

I am using Garmin Connect with /e/OS since couple of years. First on the FP2 and now on the FP4 and everything works as expected. I just got Enduro, but I still didn’t test it with Garmin pay, so I cannot say about that. Before I had Vivoactive HR, which doesn’t have Garmin Pay.
I will test Garmin Pay this week and I will write here my experience.

Cheers

edit: I have just tested Garmin Pay and it work as expected. But I have FP4

2 Likes

Me too, on a variety of devices running /e/OS and Lineage for MicroG builds. Connect has always juts worked for me. Clearly it’s a well-written app :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So far, I think I’m getting pretty convinced!

I hope I’m able to get that Venu SQ, then. It will be a great replacement for my TicWatch when I get it :grin:

1 Like

Sorry for rezzing this thread but is this still the case with Garmin Devices? I just switched to /e/ and am wanting to find a replacement for my galaxy watch that isn’t supported.

Hello,

/e/ works fine with fenix 7x (garmin connect and IQ)

Best regards

1 Like

I have not had any problem with Garmin Connect and my Garmin device. I’m no longer running /e/OS (I run LineageOS for microG and / or IodéOS), but there is no reason at all why it wont still work on /e/OS

1 Like

And it works great with Enduro.
Cheers

1 Like