What is /e/OS made of ? components?

first id like to say seems to be decent amount of work so far, yet why still android 11, and not 12 ?
are you a complete fork of lineageOS ? any plans to integrate security features like/from grapheneOS ? say custom hardened malloc, Vanadium web browser? android security patches maybe found in the wild, others? Im mostly concerned about privacy and security.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

You may find some answers here: /e/OS product description - a pro-privacy mobile operating system and cloud services

2 Likes

2 Likes

is it at all possible for us to build 12 now for specific devices like my ASUS ROG 3 phone, hoping to resolve the wonky wireless???

So basically your stating privacy is the key, yet there are simple additions like hardened malloc which do provide security based enhancements without negating your “privacy” stance.

I’m not stating anything, I linked to a post by eelo / e / Murena founder Gaël Duval
explaining where /e/OS stands on the matter you are interested in.

1 Like

ok nope sorry have to go back to stock, wireless is way to buggy, apps like grab wount open google, and email app keeps telling me cant login to gmail account hyowever gmail app works fine. maybe ill try 12 when its ready.

Wait, are you saying you can’t open Google on an ungoogled OS ?! What a scandal, indeed!

LOL yeah ideal huh… i do have a gmail email and seemingly grab requires auth for the gmail address, either way, the wireless was just super flaky, the other things mostly i could have rectified by using a non-google account.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.