When will we be able to flash /e/ android 10 on S9 with the easy installer?

Ok… downloaded… on desktop

Now flash with Odin3.
Odin Options only [x] F. Rest Time - Not otherwise(!)
[x] AP - twrp-3.5.0_9-0-star2lte.img.tar

Please, not so fast. I am an old man…

1 Like

DONE and PASS!

FYI: The phone is still connected and in D/L mode… I want to check each stage with you so I don’t mess it up again now… when you are ready, NOT meaning to rush you…

Now this installation must be confirmed.

Disconnect the S9+ from the USB cable.

Turn off the S9+ by pressing and holding the POWER, BIXBY and VOL(-) buttons simultaneously.

As soon as the screen goes black

Switch the button very quickly: VOL (-) to VOL (+) and hold until a logo is displayed

then release … TWRP should show - how you did everything right.

DONE!! and we are in TWRP :slight_smile:

There are several ways to flash /e/ OS ‘Q’.

We do via microSD card.

Copy e-0.13-q-2021012097133-dev-star2lte.zip to the microSD card.

D/L’ed, installed on SD, and SD now in Phone…

In TWRP 3.5.0_9.0

Now tap ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’

then tap ‘Format Data’ and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition.

Now Tap ‘Advanced Wipe’

tip check [x] Dalvik/ART cache, Cache, System, Data and ‘Swipe to Wipe

What can you tell me?

after format data, you have to tap back to the main menu and reboot to recovery

First task: Swipe to F/reset… shows LOTS of red text and FAILED at the top… is that ok ?

Yes, thats okay - stay calm.

Reboot to RECOVERY

I ONLY did the first step: Swipe to Factory Reset

So should I now STOP those other tasks, and “Reboot to Recovery” now ?

Are you suddenly having doubts about my instructions?

NO… I TRUST YOU… I am having doubts about my following them and messing it up haha…

The RED text and FAIL surprised me… so i thought i should check that was all… I am amazed at what you have helped me do today.

If we screw up, we start all over again at TWRP. Not much can happen.

cool… also, I can get a little dyslexic (so I have to be careful following things).

So, if it calms them down, let’s get rid of the red text immediately with ‘Reboot to Recovery’.

So, forgive me please, but now I have confussed myself a little. Do you want me to finish the tasks after “Swipe to Factory Reset”… OR just do the task “Reboot to RECOVERY”…

ok… I have rebooted to recovery

Okay, please wait a minute …or two minutes. I just got very annoyed. Our circles have been disrupted. A very rude act by @piero