Where do I find Murena's Terms of Service?

A rather simplified view. Cache is a store of incidental data used by the app to produce its results. It is often reused when you perform the same task next day. However it can become time expired and the store is no longer called upon but fresh data downloaded and added to the cache. In the natural cycle of things the cache will help the app to work faster. However many apps when you upgrade might almost abandon the previous cache and start straight off adding more data without deleting the old!

The tick button selects apps to clean. I just select all. The broom icon starts the clean of all selected apps. I have found no downsides to clearing the cache of everything.

The cache is not the same as stored data, it is transient data that might be worth keeping ā€œfor a whileā€.

Thank you very much for your time and help, aibd (and others here). Iā€™ve done the cache clear-up now, and I suppose I will just have to see how things go over the next day or few. Iā€™ve switched off the phone and switched on again, and it all seems absolutely fine. Iā€™m relieved it went as smoothly as it did, and I will be keeping things updated/upgraded from now on (I hope!).

I next want to find out how to keep my electronic ā€˜stuffā€™ safe and in good order, both on my phone and on my PC, but without having to spend loads of time learning the technical side of things. I am a light user after all. I am thinking along the lines of one password for all my passwords, which means finding ?apps? that are compatible between both my e/foundation phone and my PC (currently MS Windows, but that I hope to change to Linux Mint). If you can point me in the right direction (perhaps thereā€™s already a thread on this forum about this - but I am not sure what the jargon is to look it up myself), please do let me know.

Thank you again so very much.

So pleased to hear that it worked out ok in the end!

So I think the subject here is a password manager, not a thing I use, but here is a forum Search for password manager.

Did you resolve the ā€œoriginal issueā€,

Seems important not to have your cloud account deactivated now! The Murena cloud will provide a useful backup of a number of things not found by Windows by USB cable.

Windows is currently finding things in Internal storage but not the saved contents of apps. I am not a Windows user but I have noticed this being recommended.

Here are some suggestions for some reading on Murena cloud.

Search Support topics unsure, maybe this is useful? https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/e-cloud-e-email-account

Search community HOWTO List of HOWTOs & add your suggestions perhaps starting especially at the section /e/cloud & /e/mail & account.

While at first sight this is the opposite of what you want Disable /e/Cloud's automatic sync of Contacts and/or Media (Photos and videos) images show some of the settings to turn sync on and off. I suggest, if some sync is currently off, you do not turn everything on all at once.

I think you can have this dealt with automatically using:

Alternatively, the best way to deal with it is to share the .zip archive with your PC by email. On your PC you can unzip the file the read the enclosed text with maybe ā€œNotepadā€ or your default text editor.

Lots to read through, think about, and do. I will try and get it all sorted over the next week or few.

Regarding the original issue with Murena, I wrote to them last week and am awaiting a reply. I only rarely used the Murena email because I found the emails I tried to send either never arrived to their destination, or arrived after weeks of sending. Iā€™ve just sent myself an email from Murena to a different email account I have, and it is showing in the Murena ā€˜outboxā€™ rather than ā€˜sentā€™. I will read the links you have sent though, and try and work things through.

Thank you again. I really appreciate your expertise and the time and trouble you have gone to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.