Where do I find Murena's Terms of Service?

Yes, my PC is using the one router I have at home here. I usually keep it connected via ethernet cable, but I’ve unplugged the cable to check the wifi works, and it does.

I have turned off the phone and switched it back on. No change.
I tried the soft reset, as you instructed, and it seemed to make it come on, not switch off.
I was able to use my phone at my mum’s house via her wifi last week Friday. I couldn’t get access when I was at another venue I normally have access, this was on Wednesday this week. Then no access at my mum’s this Friday, and not at home.

I did allow my neighbour to access my wifi for a few days until Tuesday this week. Could that have something to do with it? What could I ask her about it, as I wouldn’t know?

I will try resetting the router now - this may take several minutes, as I want to check how to do it with this particular hub - I need to find the instructions…

Thank you for your patience and all your help.

I have switched off the router, waited, and turned it back on again. I tried to get the phone back online first, went through some of the procedures as before on this thread, but I’m still getting the same messages of being connected but no internet.

One more thing without getting too technical. Go to Settings > System > Date and Time.

Are the date and time correct?

I think toggle each switch on and off, but select all on

• Set time automatically
  • Set time zone automatially
  • Use locale default

A Full reset of the router would likely fix any malicious attempt to highjack your router.

Can you read from your router the connected devices and the IP addresses allocated to each device?

Does you device show up as connected? Your Router manual should give you some guidance.

I was wondering about doing a factory reset of my router, earlier this evening as I was having a look at it. I tried to ‘back up’ my router settings, just in case and beforehand, but I was asked what I wanted to open the folder with - something I always have trouble with whenever Windows comes up with this box. (I don’t know why I have to choose what to open things with, and I never know what to choose - but usually it doesn’t work no matter what I try, as was the case this time).

Yes, I can see a list of devices and their addresses. There are a couple that I am not sure I know what they are. I don’t know where to see the address of my phone (assuming there is one?). I am given the option to ‘remove’ any of the devices listed, but I don’t want to try this until I am sure which is not mine.

I’ve just found the phone’s IP address, so now I know that it is showing as connected to my router.

Is your wifi name hidden? I do that on mine, and Id like to say there was some weird setting I had to change to get the internet to work on mine. Reaching back a ways because it was a while ago I set it up.

I’m running a terracube 2e though. Different phone.

Are the date and time correct? – it is said to be a frequent cause of “connected, no internet” and cycling the toggles may be a fix in itself.

I never had a problem removing a device blind! But you do get a clue if you can see if the device is active. Sometimes a router can reissue an IP address in error, and that IP address needs to be deleted.

I don’t think you need to worry about backing up the router – after all, it is designed to “just work” when any new device is introduced to it with correct password.

Together with your router manual you might follow up if this is an exact match with your device.

On your phone go to Settings > Network and internet > Internet > Select your Wi-Fi service provider.

Here you will find Network details (you probably already did this) but there are a number of things that may or may not be a fit with your router, so you might write down all those details from the phone and check they are either an exact match with the router report, or are part of the router “way of doing things”.

Some further details which you could change on your phone are revealed after you “Forget the network” now under Advanced options before you re-enter password.

One variable to check with your router manual is does the router offer DHPC or static. As long as you remember what you changed you can experiment with changing this before you enter password, to see if it changes anything.

According to published builds https://images.ecloud.global/stable/starlte/ you are not even on latest Android 8 (Oreo), there was an e-0.20-o-20220118158074-stable-starlte and then being a stable build you should have been offered an OTA Android version upgrade.

So I think it would be worth checking out this suggestion

Issues with the Updater and a solution.

if only to check what changes … :slight_smile:

@Manoj, please could you clarify, when an OTA upgrade (from quite a long time ago) is marked “completed” does this mean that the OTA service itself is no longer available? Thanks.

To optimize storage space, the images server keeps only last few builds. It is usually last 5-6 builds for most devices. When new builds come up the last ones are removed.

1 Like

Yes, I checked the date and time, and toggled these options - they seem accurate.
I have removed a device from the router that I don’t recognise (probably my neighbour’s device), and that hasn’t changed anything to my phone connection.
The IP address on my phone matches the one the router shows. It’s on DHPC, and when I tried to change it to ‘static’, I then wasn’t given the option to ‘connect’ after I put in my wireless password, so I couldn’t try using the static.
I was going to try resetting the router, but what you’ve written about versions and builds has gone over my head. Are you thinking the issue is not about the router? I have just toggled on my mobile data, to see if I can access the internet, and the LTE sign comes on, but with a ‘x’ next to it, and when I go into my browser it tells me there is no internet connection.

The connection issue is something to be fixed for sure, one way or another.

But there comes a point where it might become too difficult to debug a “no longer maintained” build, so I was starting to look ahead to the next options.

OK, I’ll try a factory reset in a short while, and report back. Thank you.

Factory reset has made no difference. My phone continues to be listed as connected to my router’s wifi, but ‘no internet’ is still there. The ‘x’ next to the signal emblem still there.
Yet - and I didn’t try this before, even though at the top of my phone screen, when I am in my browser, it says ‘No internet connection’, when I look at the pages already open, such as my email accounts, I can see new emails, sent just a few minutes ago. I’ve just sent myself an email just now, and I can see it on my phone. Weird? Does this mean we can try and upgrade my phone after all?

Sorry - you did ask me to see if I could access the internet with my phone browser, and I just assumed I couldn’t because of that message at the top of the screen. I realise now I should have tried.

Great, you got there! Now back up all your stuff!

You’re probably best updating using the easy installer.

https://doc.e.foundation/devices/starlte

I upgraded by using the system updates in my phone. The first page to present itself is ‘Debug info’. Below that it says ‘ZIP archive, contains debug info and logs’, then ‘share archive’, and then an excalamation mark with ‘InterruptedException, An unexpected error has occured. View debug info for details’. When I ‘view details’, and open with ‘Browser’, a page appears that says ‘Your file couldn’t be accessed’.
So I don’t know what to do about that.
The good news is that my phone is showing as connected, and the emblem for that is clear with no ‘x’ next to it.
It also looks like it’s kept some of my stuff (contacts, files etc.).
Before I upgraded, I kept getting a box appear, that said that ‘microG Services core has stopped’. I now have a message about microG Services Core: An app on your device is trying to sign in to a Google account. If this was intentional, use the Sign in button to connect to Google’s sign-in page. If not, press Cancel to go back to the application that caused this diaolg to show up.
I don’t know what microG Services Core is, so don’t know what to do about that either.

I had that this morning, don’t worry unless it becomes frequent, it may happen from time to time, in your case, if you just upgraded suddenly this could explain “an unexpected error”.

There is a surprise! So to what level have you upgraded as shown in Settings > About phone > tap on Android version > long press on /e/OS version in order to "Copy to clipboard.

It is an important part of the /e/OS system, very loosely speaking, to avoid direct contact for the user with Google, but still allowing sufficient “filtered” contact to allow the system to run the way it does. Better explained here, microG - What you need to know, A conversation with its developer : Marvin Wißfeld.

If you have upgraded two or more Android versions you may have apps that cannot survive the change, so you should be prepared to have to uninstall one or two if you get indications that they are failing, then install them again after the phone has been restarted.

Quite a few people use the app Cache Cleaner directly after an upgrade to automatically clean the cache of both system apps and user installed apps. Again this would be useful to you if you you have jumped two or more Android versions.

Thanks for the reassurance, and the tips.

I’ve upgraded to Android 11. The version is 2.0-r20240506399551-stable-starlte

I’ve chosen a Cache Cleaner and installed and opened it, and followed it’s instructions, but I’m not sure if it’s doing anything.

1 Like

It will be clear when Cache cleaner is working! The app is very careful in getting you to give all necessary permissions and it may not seem very intuitive the way you are led to give a certain permission, then you have to use the back button to get back to the “main event”. Now you are guided to give several more permissions and find your own way back before work can start.

I have clicked a bit more, and I now have a page with ‘Clear cache’ at the top of it, followed below with a list of everything on my phone. Then there’s two buttons, one with a tick, which when I click on it, it adds ‘(1.09 GB)’ next to ‘Clear cache’, and ticks all that is listed below. And a broom button.
I don’t really know what a cache is, or how to proceed. Sorry.