Xiaomi - Mi A1 - tissot - Documentation Suggestions

Please add your suggestions to improve the documentation for the Xiaomi - Mi A1 - tissot here …

The Xiaomi Mi A1 comes with Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), upgradeable to Android 9.0 (Pie), Android One.

The Xiaomi Mi A1 with Android One is not subject to the usual Xiaomi bootloader unlock process, which means no Xiaomi account is required and there is no waiting time to unlock the bootloader.

It is enough to activate the OEM unlock in the developer options under the device settings and then simply unlock the bootloader via fastboot oem unlock.

Thus, items 1. to 9. in the /e/OS documentation …

Unlocking the bootloader

1. Create a Mi account on Xiaomi’s website.
  2. Add a phone number to your Mi account.
  3. Insert a SIM into your phone.
  4. Enable developer options in Settings > About Phone by repeatedly tapping MIUI Version.
  5. Link the device to your Mi account in Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Mi Unlock status.
  6. Download the Mi Unlock app (Windows is required to run the app).
  7. Run the Mi Unlock app and follow the instructions provided by the app. It may tell you that you have to wait up to 30 days. If it does so, please wait the quoted amount of time before continuing to the next step!
  8. After device and Mi account are successfully verified, the bootloader should be unlocked.
  9. Since the device resets completely, you will need to re-enable USB debugging to continue.

A Mi account is required to apply for permissions. You don’t need to re-apply for permissions to unlock new devices, but beware that one account is only allowed to unlock one unique device every 30 days.

It is highly recommended to have the latest official MIUI dev package installed on the device, before proceeding with unlock.

… Install /e/OS on a Xiaomi Mi A1 - "tissot"are unnecessarily misleading because do not apply.

See also @GaelDuval /e/ support Xiaomi devices without Xiaomi unlock process…

Hello,
I just installed /e/ in my xiaomi A1, everything was right, as in the instructions, except that that you say about unlocking. it’s a pity I didn’t read it before, it would have spared some time.
Anyway, the unlocking windows program of xiaomi was useful to install the USB drivers to recognize the phone by fastboot and abp.
That said, I’m very happy, everythings runs well, smooth … very happy.

I have one question: shall I/should I/can I look the uploader again?