Xiaomi - Poco F1 - beryllium - Documentation Suggestions

Please add your suggestions to improve the documentation for the Xiaomi - Poco F1 - beryllium here …

Hi !
Could you add a extra step before flashing /e/ system.
With the flash of latest android pie firmware from xiaomi.
If we use latest miui before the move to /e/ we have a firmware who as issue with /e/ like no sound for media https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/1175#note_64924.

Example:

1. Download latest 9.0 firmware : https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/beryllium/stable/V11.0.5.0.PEJMIXM/
  2. Then flash with adb sideload before /e/.

Regards

Ah, this seems to be the solution for my Poco phone. I habe installed eOS already.

So i have to downgrade the firmware.
Is this enough?
Or do i have to install eOS again?

@Manoj just as a little reminder that it is a 20MP front camera in the poco f1 and not 5MP… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reminder. Will have it updated ASAP.

1 Like

Flashing stock is outdated by now.

1. The newest firmware is from 2021 and if R worked there is the latest firmware update installed already.
  2. The firmware can be installed even without flashing stock, According to the miui download site.
  3. I assumed that there is, for some strange reason, the need to boot into miui, but instead there is only the firmware needed. So please at least add this information since this makes a dirty flash possible.

(disclaimer: I didn’t do the update, i just helped someone to get their poco fi updated by Telegram)

Is this also the case for upgrading from R to S? Because I want to update my Poco F1 to e-os S

The information from 3 years ago is likely outdated. We see

I got a poco f1 on e-os 1.8.1, android 11 and with vendor security patch level: December 2020. Can Any1 confirm I can just download e-os 1.9 and sideload that upgrade instead of needing to first install the stock miui OS?

Do you mean that if you already have android 11 running on your poco f1, u can dirty flash e-os 1.9 on it?

well. you CAN dirty flash, yes. but dirty means something else, just to be clear.

a dirty flash is defined like that: if you don’t erase your data before a version upgrade (factory reset).
a dirty flash can lead to strange behaviour of various apps, that’s why it is not often recommendet (even though a lot of people do it and don’t have bad experience)

I ment, that it’s not necessary any more to roll back stock before installing a new /e/ version.
this means, you can install /e/ v. 12/13 directly on /e/ v. 11, and this is NOT directly a dirty flash - but a dirty flash is definitely possible.

if I had a poco f1, i would risk it (alsways make a backup!!) and just sideload the newest version available (right now it is 1.14), dirty way.

1 Like

Well I already am experiencing weird app behaviour: my banking app won’t start after I iniate a payment on a webshop, my phone just seems to be unable to find the banking app. The app used by my daughter’s school requires logging in and doing so, my browser get opened but if I fill in the correct login details it just doesn’t work. While it does work on my wife’s phone. So there seems to be a problem on apps which switch between themselves and the browser. I’m hoping that when I update to a newer e-os version, this problem goes away.

So I upgraded to 1.14, but I still got the same problems :see_no_evil: