Yunohost and /e/

Hello,
A few days ago, /e/ self-hosting has been released (beta).
I see on the forum some users are interested in Yunohost interacting with /e/ ecosystem.

Some users are wondering how to connect /e/ phone with yunohost
Some users are trying to integrate Yunohost in /e/ self-hosting (or vice versa… I’m not sure actually)

So I open the conversations here in the /e/ community and also here (french) to put people in contact and talk about this subject in English and in French and help each others.

7 Likes

My thoughts are definitely that /e/ could be interested in the way Yunohost works.

Specifically since /e/ can be self-hosted, and still with this the need to keep it simple and easy to use.

Could be a good lead to adapt the source code to /e/ needs and system, just as it’s been made with SearX and Spot.

Hello
I try to use /e/ with yunohost. with nexus5 and already nextcloud with contact install(not by default) mail config and calendar
format data in twrp and start system.
make config and set my yunohost account.
calendar and contact sync is working
mail crash on /e/
notes say can not sync with server is apps install on it

Regards

Yeah I tried with the exact same configuration, a yunohsot up to date on a x86 computerbox, and with a nexus 5x. I used the built available on the e website and I’ve the same problem with mail.
even after trying to add a /e/ acount, mail is still crashing.

Sorry to bring back this subject but I’ve read a few stuff about YuNoHost and it looks perfect for a starting user like me. I’d love to install Weblate and a few apps (like jiitsi meet server for secure class meetings, Mastadon,etc) that I can’t in my shared hosting account. Installing Yunohost in a Raspberry (maibe Olimex lime2server is better?) or a rented VPS is really that simple as it looks? And having Yunohost installed is it that simple to install apps with docker? Or I just shouldn’t even try?

Thank you so much

I’ve been using Yunohost on on old netbook for probably about a month. It is pretty easy but if installing onto a hard disk of an Intel/AMD machine make sure you have a wired ethernet connection before attempting it. I tried it first with wireless and ran into too many problems which I couldn’t fix later. I have my own domain so I don’t know how straightforward it is if you are using dynamic DNS. But it is catered for so probably not too difficult. I now have my own email, xmpp, matrix & mastodon setups and it’s great! Definitely give it a try.

1 Like

I’d use LAN connection. Raspberry has an 8gb option but adding SSD disk and CPU cooler come up to 200 euros. Olimex with 512ssd costs 138 euros but only has 1GB.
The other thing is I’d prefer to buy with Yunohost preinstalled. Do you know any shop selling pre installed?
Thank you

You can download an pre-installed Raspberry Pi image directly from the website for no cost. I’m not aware of anyone selling preconfigured hardware.

And that is something easy to do?
Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

It should be easy. Download the correct image, write it to an sd card, put card in Raspberry Pi, boot up is probably most of what you need to do. After that there will probably be some configuration to do but you can probably find instructions on the website. Good luck.

2 Likes