Zenfone 8 experiences

Hi all,
I’m thinking about getting a Zenfone (Zenphone?) 8. Does anyone have good or bad experiences with this phone? Getting it bc it appears to be the smallest phone with good specs these days.
Rik

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Zenfone 9 is even a tiny bit smaller although it is not yet supported. Looking forward to read some feedbacks on the Zenfone 8. If my battery replacement for the xz2c doesnt end well it will be an option

1 Like

Samsung s10 is also an option in this same size range

I got an Pixel 4a couple months ago, similar size. Did you get something new?

1 Like

Not yet, s10 and zenfone are still options. Ideally I’d like something smaller, but that doesn’t seem to exist :(.

Just letting interested people know I just bought a Zenfone 8!! Will replace my old Fairphone 3. Excited: 16gb memory and 256gb storage for 400eu incl tax!!
Will let know about experiences here after I have started using it

1 Like

Zenfone 8 itself is perfect in size as for these days (I would prefer smaller one as well :wink: ), but unfortunately it has unavailable unlocking bootloader option. I bought it for reinstallation, but as it was my first that expensive phone in life I was collecting courage for taking risk of breaking the device. Unfortunately now unblocking the device is not working. On Asus forum and XDA forum is information that some people have contacted Asus on this matter and unlocking bootloader option should be back in Q3, like September or October. I do know how come October is in Q3 but still, I am afraid that unlocking bootloader for Zenfone may not come back in practice, but it is unsure now …

1 Like

I sold it again I thought it was too big…

But how to find reasonable size smartfone with privacy respecting system?

1 Like

But Zenfone 8 is smaller than the FP3?:sweat_smile: How come you found it too big? With what did you replace it?

1 Like

well I am trying now the Moto G5, which is actually quite good, I love the fingerprint reader on the front, but it is quite slow
So now I ordered another oldy, a Xiaomi Mi6, same size but a bit faster + as a bonus the fingerprint reader is also a home button :slight_smile:
I’ll report back here what it is like!

1 Like

Also a lot of people are quite happy with the Pixel 5 combined with /e/OS as a small phone
can even buy it preinstalled at the Murena website

1 Like

I just prefer phones with like 5 - 5,5 inch screen. Asus Zenfone was 5,9, the smallest available with quite up to date hardware. Smaller are only iPhones but they cannot be flashed with a reasonable system. They were like iPhoned mini with screen 5,4 inched, great with size …