A new brand name for /e/OS - Murena

I guess that for marketing reasons the best option may be keeping the actual logo (although colors may change – that would be great!). That way, the first letter of the name would probably be e, so this would make sense:

1 Like

Maybe too late for this but IMHO
eOS or NEO

is simple (to pronounce/search on a browser etc) and to the point.

/p

10 days to go for the new name will be revealed! I can’t wait.

eOS would be so simple and perfect.

2 Likes

Quick reminder:

This isn’t hard :slight_smile: .

And I guess somebody has to play the spoilsport: Looking up whether a hypothetical name could already be a brand or name of a company and thus would be off limits isn’t hard either.

what’s wrong with saying “slashy-slash”?

3 Likes

Is there an event taking place on July 25 ?

Or is it just the deadline?

It’s the deadline but I like your idea :wink:

1 Like

I’m a new /e/ user (moto g7 plus) and I have found the documentation to be excellent and accurate so far.

1 Like

Oh ‘months’ ends with the letter ‘s’ here. I missread it. Sorry everyone for the false hope. Can native english speakers among us explain what ‘a months time’ means? is it like saying ‘a few months time’?

I’m sure he meant “a month’s time” (i.e. in one month; one month from now…but not always meant to be taken as exact or literal).

The ' in “month’s” is possessive.

Other examples:
a day’s time
one day’s time
two days’ time
a year’s time
two years’ time
six weeks’ time

Edit:
It’s actually a somewhat verbose or redundant way in English to express these concepts, although the usage is very widespread. One could simply say “in a month,” “tomorrow,” or “next week,” for example…but then variety is the spice of life.

Similarly redundant expressions in English:
“at this point in time” (as opposed to “at this point,” or “at this time”)
“oftentimes” (“often” seems preferable and less archaic)
“and so” (two conjunctions together; “so” alone is correct; no one would say, for instance, “and but.” Not to be confused with the adverbial phrase “and so,” meaning “in the same way” or “also,” as in “He bought an /e/ phone, and so did I.”)

OK…grammar lesson over. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I like grammar. thanks for this lesson

2 Likes

“We should be able to share an announcement of the new brand name in a months time”

When?

3 Likes

When ?

• In a recursive perpetual month.
3 Likes

LOL. May I suggest: Fair*T/E/C

:laughing:

1 Like

There is a delay here. The announcement of the brand name for /e/ will be after September. There were some delays on part of the team working on this which make us move this announcement forward.

13 Likes

Thanks for the clarification @Manoj. I know you guys won’t disappoint, this will hopefully be the jumping off point for the next chapter to being able to take E Foundation mainstream.

2 Likes

My guess: They want this to coincide with Android 11.

1 Like

Hihi… I was just thinking about how long this has been going on. :slight_smile:

2018: Please rename /e/ to something pronounceable & searchable - #16

“We should be able to announce the name for the Os soon”

2019: Please rename /e/ to something pronounceable & searchable - #42 by Manoj

“The team is working to get it out at the earliest possible. No ETA’s.”

Later 2019: Please rename /e/ to something pronounceable & searchable - #78 by Manoj

“No promises but end of this year 2019 we may just have a new name…”

2020: Please rename /e/ to something pronounceable & searchable - #162 by Manoj

“The new name launch was planned for one of the big phone events at the start of 2020…”

2021: A new brand name for /e/

“We should be able to share an announcement of the new brand name in a months time”

later:

“There is a delay here. The announcement of the brand name for /e/ will be after September. There were some delays on part of the team working on this which make us move this announcement forward.”

I really like your joke with the new name. eos is a good operating system, whatever the name is!

(Btw. The end of September is near, is there already an approximate new date?)

10 Likes

They said: after september…

Can be october, end of year, 2022, 2050, never… :wink:

5 Likes