A new brand name for /e/OS - Murena

When ?

• In a recursive perpetual month.
3 Likes

LOL. May I suggest: Fair*T/E/C

:laughing:

1 Like

There is a delay here. The announcement of the brand name for /e/ will be after September. There were some delays on part of the team working on this which make us move this announcement forward.

13 Likes

Thanks for the clarification @Manoj. I know you guys won’t disappoint, this will hopefully be the jumping off point for the next chapter to being able to take E Foundation mainstream.

2 Likes

My guess: They want this to coincide with Android 11.

1 Like

Hihi… I was just thinking about how long this has been going on. :slight_smile:

2018: Please rename /e/ to something pronounceable & searchable - #16

“We should be able to announce the name for the Os soon”

2019: Please rename /e/ to something pronounceable & searchable - #42 by Manoj

“The team is working to get it out at the earliest possible. No ETA’s.”

Later 2019: Please rename /e/ to something pronounceable & searchable - #78 by Manoj

“No promises but end of this year 2019 we may just have a new name…”

2020: Please rename /e/ to something pronounceable & searchable - #162 by Manoj

“The new name launch was planned for one of the big phone events at the start of 2020…”

2021: A new brand name for /e/

“We should be able to share an announcement of the new brand name in a months time”

later:

“There is a delay here. The announcement of the brand name for /e/ will be after September. There were some delays on part of the team working on this which make us move this announcement forward.”

I really like your joke with the new name. eos is a good operating system, whatever the name is!

(Btw. The end of September is near, is there already an approximate new date?)

10 Likes

They said: after september…

Can be october, end of year, 2022, 2050, never… :wink:

5 Likes

I hope it its aïoli.

3 Likes

delayOS? …

4 Likes

It’s only a matter of time before someone pulls all the name suggestions together into an editable list!:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Can we solve the problem…

What is holding the new /e/ back?

A: finance / legal / resources / staff shortage
B: leadership / direction / motivation / creativity / personalities

Can we have some insight into where the blockage is?

Perhaps the community can help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Perhaps there isn’t really a problem, and the /e/ OS brand name is just fine. (Unpopular opinion maybe but there you go :slight_smile:)

2 Likes

Could well be that the /e/ brand is just fine, but since 2019 there has been multiple indications / announcenments that a new brand is coming… yet after 3 years it still hasnt arrived. That to me suggests there is a problem. Even if that problem is purely a communication one.

If you tell people for 3 years that change is coming, and then do not deliver change, well somewhere in there is a problem, and the result is dissapointed / dissillusioned / deflated people.

No hard feelings, just trying to be realistic.

2 Likes

We had 3rd case once in a company I worked in: The desired internet and email domain wasn’t free because another company in another city had exactly the same name and so we needed to use another, much longer domain name. And then after years it suddenly happened, we got it (because we survived, they didn’t).

1 Like

I think delayOS.foundation is free :wink:

2 Likes

Any updates as of late here @Manoj?

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be funny if the new name turned out to be “/f/”…?
:laughing:

4 Likes

Beautiful :beers:
/f/f/s/ :laughing:

1 Like

Can’t be arsed with those slashes. ///

There is not going to be a new name. It’s e already

1 Like

:loudspeaker: Today we announced the brand name

It is Murena

What it stands for :
Murena aims to free people specifically from the Big Tech and their control over our personal data.

Designs digital products and services with a more virtuous approach on personal user data, and with a positive impact.

Where it will be used:

Starting from today, “MURENA” is going to be used to call all our commercial products: smartphones with /e/OS, premium cloud plans…
You can already see the name change on our eSolutions Shop

What happens to '/e/'

We are not abandoning “/e/” totally. We will continue to call the operating system that we develop as “/e/OS”.

Read more about our new brand at:

12 Likes