Welcome to the section of the forum where we share information about testing /e/OS
Types of testing
- Sprint testing
- Upgrade testing
Sprint Testing is the regular testing for our builds. This testing is done for all devices in our supported list.
We follow the agile model of development where we have regular sprints. 2 weeks of development and 1 week of testing. Read more
Upgrade Testing when the OS on a device is to be upgrade - say from nougat to Oreo or Pie version of /e/OS we do an upgrade testing. We will announce which devices are going to be upgraded in the posts on this category.
Read this before volunteering to help with the testing
As a tester you would be requires to:
- Flash the test build on your device
- This will be a manual flash the first time . Subsequent builds will / should be available OTA
- Flashing your device will wipe out existing data on your phone. So please take a backup before proceeding
- Only those who have experience in flashing ROM’s need join
- Testing will only be done for devices in our supported list.
- If your device is not in the supported list you can request a device to be added here
How to apply to be a tester
Those interested in testing can send in these details to firstname.lastname@example.org
/e/ email ID (optional)
Tester Name (optional)
/e/ Gitlab username ( required)
Telegram username (required)
[ Need the gitlab username to add your name to the testing project , telegram username is need to add your name to the telegram /e/ testing channel ]
Please note: Only users who have experience of flashing their devices with stock and /e/OS ROM’s need to volunteer for the testing.