Advanced Privacy, source code

Question about Advanced Privacy, as in e.os

The Advanced Privacy part of the e.os, like it is working in e.os now, is that open source or is it closed source property of Murena or something like that.

Why I ask, I own a phone, Galaxy S7 (G930F) that is reaching its end of support in e.os.
But there are other roms with A13 , A14 , like lineage Os, so I’m wondering if I could get the Advanced Privacy into these roms.

I suppose I need the source code for this.

Or am i thinking way to easy how to get a function into a new Android version.

Regards

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

Or maybe easier , is there a download for this as an App.

In which way do you say it is end of life? S7 is getting OTA OS Upgrade with 2.2 to S.

2 Likes
1 Like

Yes upgraded to S , and very happy with that, but the S7 is made legacy so S(12) will be the latest from e-os.for the S7.
Support will probably end somewhere medium 2025.

Looking around for other possibilities I did see Lineage OS A13 and A14 for the S7.
Installed them, did no test extensively but they seem to work.
And was just thinking what options am I really missing, and the first thing I was thinking about are the Advanced Privacy options.

But for the next year I will keep using the e-os 2.2, I’m very happy with it.

And keeping my fingers crossed maybe maybe there will come a T or even U for the lovely compact S7.

Thank you smu44, 'm having trouble navigating on that site,
It says “or you can download the latest stable apk from master branch pipeline”

But I can’t find that, if I look at the branche of developer master, is seems he was last active about 2 years ago.

Doe you now if stable apk are still available ?

Or do I need to learn making my own APK

You can find it here: AdvancedPrivacy · main · e / os / android_prebuilts_prebuiltapks_lfs · GitLab
Ad far as I know, this is where automated build process will get it from.

1 Like

Thank you,got some
Going to try it tomorrow

How are you going to use advanced privacy app on another custom rom?

Just like any other app , install it and use it.

But to be more precise, from info of this AdancedPrivacy app, from Gitlab link above

“*This app comes in two flavours, one for /e/OS and second one for other android (where app doesn’t have system access”
" You can build the apk locally by using above instructions or you can download the latest stable apk from master branch pipeline."

So it looks like maybe it could work on any other rom.

Tried it, installation went fine, fake geolocation does not work, app shuts down.
Can turn on block app trackers but have to test further to see of it works.

But I think this app version is compiled for oes, Advanced_Privacy-2.2.2-eos-release apk so I think I need to learn to compile it myself to be more compatible with other rom.

Can anybody point me to a manual, how to compile an app.

Those instructions look to me like instructions for a dedicated e-os built.

And I mean more like a real novice instruction for compiling an app.

Seems there are instructions to build AND instructions to install

Yes that is right, but it looks for a build and install on e-os rom
I want to build and install, test for Unofficial lineage OS A13 or A14

Tried it with Unofficial LOS A13 and A14 , doesn’t seem to work, think it should be installed as system App

I don’t have the knowledge how to go further with this, think maybe I can make request at the Unofficial LOS A13 and A14 developer.

It seems that given instructions are to do so…

Again, yes, but all e-os specific, I was hoping I could use it on other roms.

I figure it would have to be built into a ROM for proper functionality.
There’s at least one GSI I know of (not /e/OS) that included Advanced Privacy at some point.

Even if you pushed it into /system/ you probably would need corresponding permissions file(s) also.

1 Like

yes agree, there will be some dependency’s some need to be met and set,
I was hoping maybe it could work with LOS.

I have far to little knowledge about this, think I can try and put in a request at the developers. of LOS for Galaxy S7.