When I try to open this via APK installed APP I am receiving this error message:
The behavior of the app probably also depends on whether your bootloader is locked or not (besides rooted / non-rooted device). Up to now, I have veen able to use the app successfully on a non-rooted FP6 with a locjed bootloader.
Kind regards
Ingolf
If you understand german, you can take a look at this thread.
There is a solution that I use since then: I let an old (working) version of the push tan app that I downloaded on the Aurora store.
NotNot the best solution but it works.
The solution under the thread :
Hallo Ingolf, danke fĂĽr Deine Nachricht.
Dass der Bootloader gesperrt ist, sehe ich jedesmal, wenn ich das Handy neu starte. Was passiert, wenn ich den Bootloader entsperren würde? Fährt das Betriebssystem dann noch mit allen Apps hoch? Wie entsperre ich den Bootloader?
Beste GrĂĽĂźe,
Locking as well as unlocking the bootloader will force a factory reset for security reasons. So your Apps would be gone, but …
Your bootloader is unlocked, because the bootloader of your device can’t be locked with /e/OS … Info about Google - Pixel 6 Pro - raven | /e/OS documentation
(The bootloader of @ingolf’s FP6 can be locked. It depends on the device, the /e/OS device list has a filter for this … https://doc.e.foundation/devices/)
Hi, @AndrewJ14471,
I believe that what you are seeing when booting your phone is the warning that your bootloader is unlocked (rather than locked). Online banking apps (or mobile TAN apps as in your case), will often refuse to run on unlocked devices.
As @AnotherElk mentioned, not all devices support (re-)locking the bootloader. And even if they do, locking will wipe your data (media, apps, settings, app configuration, …), so you might want to backup as much as possible before locking.
Kind regards
Ingolf
Hi! I have not been able to use my banking app (VB Secure Go Plus) since the 18th September. Before it has always worked. Before I can do anything, just upon opening the app, it leads me to a website claiming that something is off with my security.
I called the bank and they said they updated their app mit September. Is it possible that since their update there is a compatibility problem?
Is it possible that in the next e/OS update this will be adressed?
Very probable. This happens more often than users would like when banks update their Apps. Banks in general don’t support /e/OS explicitly, so /e/OS often has to catch up with App changes after users experience trouble.
It is possible, but not guaranteed.
In the meantime something like this might work with your App, too (if you can get to know an older version ID for this) …
And here’s a German topic about your App, perhaps it would be best to continue there …
Hello @AnotherElk thank you for the tips, the German thread will be very useful!
Hi, Stand der Dinge:
mehrere Telefonate mit der Sparkasse haben zu keinem Ergebnis gefĂĽhrt. Auch ein Update der S-PushTAN auf Version 5.3.1 aus dem Aurora Store hat nichts gebracht. Vielleicht weiĂź der Hersteller Starfinanz etwas?
Beste GrĂĽĂźe
Andreas
Der technische Support der Sparkasse sagt defintiv, dass die S-PushTAN App nicht unter /e/os nutzbar ist. Ich muss auf ChipTAN umstellen.
Das ist seltsam, da die App bei mir einwandfrei funktioniert. Fairphone 6 mit e/OS 4.3
This is strange, as the app works fine for me. Fairphone 6 with e/OS 4.3
Ist Dein Bootöoader entsperrt oder gesperrt?
Gesperrt. Ich habe mein Fairphone 6 mit vorinstalliertem
e/OS gekauft.
