Bliss launcher crash

Dear all,

we bought a Fairphone 4 recently for my dad. I personally applied all available updates of the operating system. Today I was told that, during work with the weather app, the bliss launcher started to crash. It says “BlissLauncher repeatedly ended” (in German). When clicking on “end app” the screen starts flickering (obviously the lauchner tries to start again and again) and this seems to go on forever until is says again “BlissLauncher repeatedly ended”. If I press “App Info” and then on the next screen “Force end” the screen starts flickering again. If I restart Fairphone 4 BlissLauncher crashes again and I get the same symptoms again.

I would really appreciate help!

Kind regards,
Alexander

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Clear the data storage:

• From the App info screen, select `Storage and cache’
  • In the next screen select ‘Clear storage’ and confirm
1 Like

Dear Pete,

thanks a lot for your quick reply! Your suggestion worked perferctly! Thank you very much. :grinning:

Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Dear all,

the crash of Bliss Launcher seems to happen regularly. Clearing the storage over and over again would make no sense. So how can we identify the reason for the crash - are there any protocols we can check? Or is there any alternative launcher which you could recommend?

Kind regards,
Alexander

In this thread the subject of different launchers is explored

There is one more thing you might try. /e/OS employs Trebuchet as well as Bliss (but Trebuchet is unusable as a launcher). It is hidden away as a system app; it might be worth clearing storage on that at the same time when you clear storage on Bliss;

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > 3 dot menu top right > Show system > Trebuchet > Storage & cache > Clear storage.

Edit. Reading your OP again, maybe worth mentioning that the weather widget is actually, as I understand it, “included” in Bliss. So the widget does not really have very much functionality, in that it is not “linked” to a specific weather app as one might assume.

As a “Weather App” I happen to use Forecastie. I do not find that the two conflict. I wonder if you installed any other Weather app which is causing a conflict with the widget / launcher ?

In version 1.5 of /e/ OS, we never experience this issue.

In 1.7 I have the same issue. Trying to solve it like mentioned but it is not so nice. Thanks.