Cant get oneplus 9 to recovery

the screen went black and had to restart it and went back to recovery , so process got interupted somehow, still installing now

maybe the a/b side is the issue

Not sure what you mean by that.
You know you had oos something on one slot but you have no idea at all what was on the other slot

u can change the flashing to a or b side , something partitional i guess , its not getting anywhere it seems , still installing

Maybe time to conclude it is in fact OOS13 on board and it won’t work.

What about LOS or los4microg until eos 13 comes out?

it now went to black screen again and restarted, i saw the orange letters saying device is unlocked, and its now in recovery again, i think indeed lineage will be my best option, the transfer will be easier from there (to eos for a13)

OK, never mind. Note that there is an extra step in the LOS install guide. You will be flashing a vbmet.img as well to get a recovery on board.

Good luck.

One last thought. It’s up to you, but I would choose the oldest of the LOS versions to install and don’t update it afterwards. Then you could be on August security patch. Same as probably what eos will be.
More and more this seems to matter.

and the downgrade to 12 is no possibility? if i really cant wait? since i really dont want anything google related on my primair phone

I don’t know.
Gotta go now, sorry.

okay , thanks for ur advanced help btw
, i just checked , and the version is 12. checked in adb with adb shell getprop ro.build.version.release…

ok … i see the e/os logo
very curious if it goes any further

it did , but… the screen is inresponsive

Have a look here

thank u very much sir, downloading the zip now ,
what i am wondering by reading that topic, shouldnt i flash the 3 files , boot , vendor & dtbo also to both partitions? i read that for some the issue is also solved , since these 3 files contain crucial stuff i read

The files are in the install zip, so they get overwritten on install. But effectively you flashed them to one slot, recovery took to another slot (somehow) where the installation installed them.

In theory if you flashed them again to slot_a and b then rebooted it should be just the same. Exceot if you booted the wrong slot. I guess.

ah ok , and last but not least , what happened to the original firmware actually? does it also get overwritten by eos? why do i still see the orange letters that the phone is unlocked (can i relock oem in e-os and right before that a colored screen like its going to crash or like the screen is broken is occuring , im now extracting the zip file

phone is fully operational , cant thank u enough :blush: :handshake:

Excellent. See? It’s easy…like falling off a log. :joy:

Well done.

As far as I understand it, which isn’t far, you need the stock firmware along with eos together. That’s why specific stock versions are asked for before flashing. Presumably you have effectively just updated the OOS firmware by flashing in fastbootd.

For the eos upgrade to 13 it might come bundled in the eos install zip. Keep watching the rollout to T info on here.

That is the android verified boot screen (AVB) you will see a version of that on most phones where the original OS has been replaced. You can’t relock the OS, OOS (or Oppo really) no longer support it. Even if you could you would still see an avb info screen: it would be yellow and say your device is loading a different operating system.

Hopefully that has gone now.

You mean that list of img files that makes everything work? Yes i flashed them all.

The only thing im still wondering is why the camera can only go up to 12mp
I found another topic that states this
Also 5g is not working it seems. I get H+ (3.75) only.
Do i still need to sideload those partition files? Its also stated in one of the topics that came by here

The orange letters are gone👌

Got a little wiser , that 50 MP is an advertising trick
5g is working .

Than my only question that lasts is those partition files? Do i need to flash those that both sides (a&b) are filled? Could prevent a feature Brick i read

I don’t really know enough to advise you. Like I said earlier, I got rid of my OP9 last year.

But I can tell you that I became well acquainted with msm download tool for restoring bricked oneplus devices.(windows os required)

I would say keep reading the forum as the T rollout begins. Especially keep an eye out for whether firmware is included in Oneplus devices builds.

Early this morning I notice the Smartphone Selector has been updated for T builds and there is already updated guides for your device that at first glance look OK (ie: similar to LOS install guide, always a good sign). No builds yet, but they must be imminent.

Very curious.
What im struggling atm , is it possible to auto lock an app when locking the phone? I want to pin lock my calendar but dont know how. The oneplus 9 normally has thuis option.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.