Confusion on devices (tablets) that are approved

I canceled the recovery file step and went back into Developer Mode. It does show OEM Unlocking enabled.
I double checked USB Debugging and it is also enabled.
I saw a setting for Default USB Configuration. It is on Transferring Files. I am not sure if it should be on USB Tethering or not but I left it alone.
I am going to try Installing the /e/OS Recovery on your gta4xlwifi again.

Same result. I am at a halt until I hear back so I don;t screw anything up.

so you tried
heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery-e-1.8.1-s-20230203257074-dev-gta4xlwifi.img --no-reboot
?

Which version is shown if you type ā€œheimdall versionā€?

It shows version 1.4.2

heimdall version is fine

heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery-e-1.8.1-s-20230203257074-dev-gta4xlwifi.img --no-reboot

exact match

can you try lineagos recovery if you get the same error
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/gta4xlwifi/install

So same exact command but just use the Lineage recovery file name?

yes-and if it works you can proceed sideload via adb

and you should have a SM-P610 model, SM-P613 is not supported

You are quite advanced for my understanding. Are you saying that once i find the Lineage Recovery file, use it and if it works then go back to the eOS and pick up at the step that says ā€˜Steps to install /e/OS from recoveryā€™?

I really appreciate the help. It seems I am so close. I need to leave for now and will either pick up again this eveing or tomrrow morning. I am in the Eastern USA (Florida) timezone.

Also do I need to reset the Device that shows the error or just run a new Terminal Command?

better boot into download mode again and try installing recovery.
I might be a little tricky to get into recovery mode, but once you are in recovery mode you made it!

1. Manually reboot into recovery:
  • With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Power.

Note: Be sure to reboot into recovery immediately after having installed the custom recovery. Otherwise the custom recovery will be overwritten and the device will reboot (appearing as though your custom recovery failed to install).

Note: Be sure to reboot into recovery immediately after having installed the custom recovery. Otherwise the custom recovery will be overwritten and the device will reboot (appearing as though your custom recovery failed to install).

You can follow steps for eOS installation also form Lineage recovery, since eOS is based on Lineage the steps are identical to the best of my knowledge

I went into Download Mode again and ran heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img --no-reboot using the recovery.img from Lineage.

I received the same error on the device - Custom Binary(RECOVERY) Blocked By OEM Lock - so that didnā€™t seem to make a difference.

I have a question. When entering Download mode is says hit the Up Volumne to continue but it also says to Hold the Up Volumne button for 7 seconds to Unlock and Continue. Does this have anything to do with the problem?

Any other ideas of what to try to get past this Recovery step?

On the Download screen it says OEM Lock: ON
In the video - Samsung - Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (Wi-Fi) - gta4xlwifi - Documentation Suggestions - #4 by Pierro - around the 12+ minute mark it shows going into Download mode but holding the Vol Up button to go into Unlock and then rebooting to double check the OEM Unlock. When he did this and went back into Download mode the screen showed OEM Lock: OFF and his Recovery step then worked.

I am nervous about this and would love some verification regarding the step of pushing and holding the Vol Up button to Unlock vs just continue?

I proceeded but instead of following the instructions I followed the steps in the video - PORT #10: De-googling an Android Tablet with /e/OS - Full Tutorial - YouTube

I am now waiting for the flashing to complete.

I think the instructions need re-written and follow the steps of the video and use screen shots or video snippets. This would make it much easier to be successful.

If you have unlocked the bootloader, Flashing recovery only take one minute, you now have to reboot directly into recovery mode, so prepare your fingersā€¦as it is the crutial stepā€¦

I now have eOS flashed and am in set up. !!!

I thought I was home free with eOS on my S6 Lite but now have some questions on set up. I wanted to download a few apps so I went into App Lounge as Anon User but when I try to download an app it makes me enter a Goggle ID.
I down loaded Aurora Droid and tried from there but the Apps I want are not there unless I need to expand the Aurora respository.
I don;t remember these challenges with my eOS phone. Any ideas?