[Device Roadmap] Android 9 (Pie) & 10 (Q) : Test builds to upgrade currently supported devices

Ok, sounds like the same as the “bare metal version”/ no preinstalled 20 Apps.

1 Like

Update: Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 (a3xelte) still running stably and smoothly.

@Rik pl can you share the TWRP details …i wanted to add all these details in the table above based on which we can build a better device specific install documentation for all devices.

Sure, do you mean which twrp version I am running?

Yes the version you used to flash the build initially

Tested Oneplus 5t and uploaded test protocol.
Only few minor bugs, Important stuff works.
Came from latest Oreo Build for Dumpling.
TWRP 3.4.0-0-cheeseburger_dumpling.

1 Like

the build was TWRP 3.3.0-0

I have successfully installed test build on Honor 5x (kiwi). There was only one problem: I could not install the test build with latest TWRP twrp-3.4.0-0-kiwi.img. There was an error during adb sideload. After installing twrp-3.3.1-0-kiwi.img the installation of the test build went smooth.

I tested most of the features except where SIM card is needed, as I do not have a SIM card for this device. All tests went well and I did not find any bugs or problems!

Summary: /e/ pie runs smooth on Huawei Honor 5x - kiwi :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @weichselbaumj have noted the details in the main post.
Interestingly a number of users have reported that the latest TWRP versions do not work …in all cases the solution was to go one version back.

Hi @Manoj, would this step be a general recommendation for flashing to any device? I noticed while flashing the pie build to my Xperia XA2 that I was entering password pins in twrp, which was a new thing for me.

I’m trying to get a grip on this flashing business but it’s slow, and not a little confusing! :thinking: Do firmware updates come with /e/ installs or does that have to be done separately? I notice the firmware version is unchanged from the Android 8.0 version I had previously.

Thanks.

Removing the pin or locks before flashing is to avoid unnecessary issues with the flashing later. We can always set up the pin later when the install is done.
Firmware is not a part of the /e/ ROM’s as yet. We are working to have it added to the builds so that the ‘Flash the stock ROM first’ part can be avoided.

Hello Manoj!

No chance for a little cute Nexus 5 to be in this list? :wink:

Hi Julien,
All devices with working official LOS 17.1 or at the minimum 16.0 can get on this list.

Ok then, Nexus 5 > RIP

Hello Julien :slight_smile:

There are two issues with hammerhead :

• Not officially supported by LineageOS on Oreo or Pie or 10 (only until Nougat)
  • The system partition is too small which is why there is no update since March.

But custom builds will be made with Oreo sources on the LineageOS github, some users reported they are working.

1 Like

Ok, indeed, I was wondering why I didn’t recieve any new updates.

That’s a Rocking good news :smiley: but I have to say good bye to /e/ then with this phone.

Oreo build is running seamlessly.

But removing LibreOffice as a system app made the trick, did it not? Wonder why this is not the default way…

1 Like

Not necessarily it the device is popular with users then we can see if it can be ported and sustained.

3 Likes

Indeed, maybe instead of integrating the complete version of some App in the image, is it possible to just put a shortcut that actually installs the App when the user clicks on it?
@manoj @Anonyme