This thread purpose is to summarize issues, feature suggestions and questions.
I’ll update this first post with feedbacks/questions/issues in comments (@nihar1024 keep an eye on it )
/e/ app store feedbacks
- Search function crashes sometimes
- Store try to downgrade some apps (example : Yatse from 9.1.7 to 9.1.5)
- “Updates” don’t find installed apps
- app downloading stuck stuck at 0%. Blockada is guilty
- app store settings are not stored when /e/ is upgraded
- Black/dark theme/mode
- filters on searching/browsing (language, privacy level, energy, licence, contains ads, GSF dependant, etc.)
- ratings, number of downloads
- sort rating (privacy level, energy, etc.)
- privacy rating should be more reliable (Google Chrome (5.0) better than Firefox (3.0) ??)
- searching engine more smart (‘fdroid’ returns nothing, despite f-droid exists)
- Permissions/Trackers count on app main screen (ex: permissions (7) >)
- Add a ‘developper/company/website’ link, to click on returns all apps from it.
- Add ‘uninstall’ button near ‘Open’
- Menu ‘installed applications’
- /e/ app store could update itself (instead of being updated with whole system…!)
- How to use a paid application?
Contact developper, maybe they accept a paypal payment and will provide an APK*
- How /e/ app store ensure that it’s providing apps latest versions ?
Currently it is roughly one day behind the FDroid and Google Play versions. Will improve on this time lag
- If I installed an app with another store, will /e/ app store try to update it ?
Anybody knows ?
- From where current apps come from, F-Droid? Yalp? Aptoide? Google Play?
The apps are being downloaded from Google Play & FDroid. All threads on the AppStore are monitored by the app developers.
- My apps will be restored when syncing my /e/ account ?
yes. Just tested. in Motorola Moto G 2014 (titan).