No, still the same screen.

the terminal still says:
Sending ‘boot.img’ (30016 KB)

Nothing is showing on the phone screen with blue led on

Try another TWRP version here

thanks.

seems my phone is frozen too, it won’t come on

just realised that the old twrp was orginally a twrp 3.3.1-2

@andrelam @sonyxa2 now the biggest problem is that the phone is stuck on blue led, its not coming on! I don’t have a windows systems so don’t have EMMA.

Any suggestions please?

Blue led means fastboot, what happens if you type fastboot devices?

Whats your fastboot version? fastboot -- version

it does not show anything!
I had removed the cable when nothing was happening with the fastboot boot twrp.img

Screenshot%20from%202019-10-31%2014-13-36|690x465

fastboot version 29.0.4-5871666
Installed as /home/robinedwards/adb-fastboot/platform-tools/fastboot

Don’t know whats wrong, tried another cable? there is a new sdk version, but dont think that helps: here

My concern is to get out of fastboot and restart the phone. I don’t have another cable, this is a brand new cable I got today.

I had with another device, brand new ubuntu 19.10 (64-bit) update ADB and Fastboot also problems not to be overcome. Also under Windows 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows 10 (64-bit) the problems and error messages were almost the same. The USB cable was always the same.

Well, you wouldn’t believe it, but with the good old Windows 7 (32-bit) and ADB and Fastboot it worked right away. Why? I cannot say …

Hi

My experience is that the cable is not the issue, in my case (I tried the original one, a Belkin one, using 4 different USB ports in my PC, but that was not the problem)

let me see if I can get hold of my notes from the installation, and I will try to reply (sorry, I might not be that fast, unfortunately my availability is limited :frowning:

Press power and vol-up at the same time until it reboots.

thanks for the suggestions @archie unfortunately, I don’t have windows.

xperia is stuck with a blue led and is not turning on.

Will wait for you @sonyxa2

Thanks.
ok will try that

Wow, that worked. it rebooted into android. Something is wrong that its seems to get unresponsive on fastboot boot or fastboot flash.

maybe your notes can help @sonyxa2

Maybe try fastboot boot twrp.img again, flash will not work because its a a/b partition device.