Fairphone 3 FP3 support on /e/

yes i agree link please!!

+1 for /e/ on Fairphone 3

1 Like

The most Iā€™m aware of is they recently released the kernel source code. Itā€™d be great if you could provide some source to that theyā€™re promoting /e/ as alternative OS.

https://code.fairphone.com/projects/fairphone-3-gpl.html

1 Like

Waiting for my fairphone at the moment and hope that e.foundation will be available

1 Like

Hi, everybody.

This is my first post.
My Fairphone 3 has arrived and Iā€™m looking forward to try /e/ on it. Who can I ask how far the support of FP3 is developed and how I can help?

Iā€™ll be thankful for any suggestion.

1 Like

Hello @ninorode59, our @Manoj e/ support & community leader is a good contact point ā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. Iā€™ll ask him.

+1

(and the required 20 characters: sdvvsrffwrgrewghresdf) :wink:

4 Likes

1 Like

+1 for the FP3, i would like to see /e/ support on this device :calling:

1 Like

@rhunault check this request list for FP3 support - not sure we have such a long list for any other deviceā€¦

4 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m new to this community but quite active with the Fairphone one.

As I saw several posts here that said Fairphone as a company asked their users what OS theyā€™d like to have for the FP3, thatā€™s not exaxtly true. The poll was set up by community members. So I wouldnā€™t say ā€œfirst they asked and now theyā€™re not listeningā€ :wink:

Other than that: yes, there are first attempts at compiling the FP3 kernel to be used as base for a Lineage port. But as far as I know that hasnā€™t succeeded yet.

4 Likes

1 Like

This news is not good for this thread :frowning:

Servus @Ingo_FP_Angel, this announcement will be disappointing for some FP3 users, as they hope to be able to use their device with /e/ OS ROM soon. But the last word has not yet been spoken and we want to look at the matter in a leisurely fashion. Nevertheless - thank you very much for transparency is respected and honest information.

In case anyone is interested in the ā€œgory detailsā€, this seems to be the topic that is currently used to exchange information/progress on working with FP3 sources: https://forum.fairphone.com/t/fp3-custom-rom-development-based-on-released-source-code/56355?u=ingo

3 Likes

ā€¦and there seems to be at least a TWRP for FP3 now. I think thatā€™s a startā€¦

EDIT: and even better: a first LineageOS installation on FP3 has already been successful](https://forum.fairphone.com/t/fp3-custom-rom-development-based-on-released-source-code/56355/202). So still getting closerā€¦ :wink:

6 Likes

Hi,
I have my FP2 since 4 years and if the hardware is outdated since a long time, I can say that from OS point of view, it is the most upgradable phone by now ! It has started with Android 5 and has been up to Android 9 with Lineage OS ā€¦ and also other OSs. What I want to tell you is that FP3 is very young so we need to be patient to get FP OS as I suppose that Fairphone doesnā€™t have an army of developers and more patient for someone to develop Lineage OS and then eelo ā€¦ So believe in FP3 but not too fast.

+1! :star_struck:
Fairphone owner from Vienna, Austria.

1 Like

There are even preview versions of Lineage OS 17.1 (a.k.a. Android 10) available running very nicely. :slight_smile: