Status: 24 Oct Release initiated
Release Notes will show up here once the release is initiated
Staggered release spread from 24 Oct to 7 Nov 2023
Issues with the /e/OS T release in v1.15
- Devices for which /e/OS T builds were released were missing recovery builds on v1.15.
- This is important because additional partitions which were to be flashed before the actual flashing of the /e/OS T builds were to be included in the recovery zip files.
- We regret this error on our part
- The issue is to be resolved with the v1.16 release
An alternate method to get the partitions
Download latest release of payload-dumper-go (https://github.com/ssut/payload-dumper-go/releases) to the same directory (*) where you downloaded the /e/OS T build ZIP file
Open terminal and cd to (*) directory
Extract the zip file by running this command
unzip e--s--dev-lemonadep.zip payload.bin
Here the example of the lemonadep file has been taken. Replace with the zip file of your zip
Extract payload-dumper-go by running this command
tar xzvf payload-dumper-go_1.2.2_linux_amd64.tar.gz payload-dumper-go
./payload-dumper-go -partitions -o dtbo,vendor_boot
Here the two partition files expected for this device dtbo and vendor_boot are mentioned
This method can be used as a temporary measure while the team resolves the issues with the builds and adds the partitions to the recovery zip file
- FP5 customers have started receiving the devices with /e/OS T starting from October 16, 2023
- Sales in France started from October 16, 2023 mid day. Customers who are in the waitlist should get email notifications regarding this.
- Tentative release dates of builds that will come in future
Status : Testing and development
- Updated version of the Bliss Launcher
- Currently undergoing testing and code cleanup.
- /e/OS browser will be updated to the latest chromium version. Team is working on adding some features to the interface
- A tablet with /e/OS T. Tablet name will be shared once we have the go ahead from build team. The release is tied with the launch of the updated Bliss launcher. Release will be delayed and may not be in 2023
- Easy Installer to be updated to flash /e/OS T builds.
- GSI builds to be made to run on /e/OS T. As users may be aware the current GSI is on /e/OS Q.We will skip (Android 11) R and (Android 12) S and directly update the GSI to (Android 13) T.
ETA: To be announced
ETA: Estimated time of arrival - term used in software development to denote the estimated time when a product can be expected to be released.
- Please do not post information or links to /e/OS test builds on the forum.
- These builds are as yet untested and under development and may in some cases cause user devices to soft brick.
- Such information can confuse other users who do not see these builds in the updater.
- Remember not all users who come to this forum are experts in installing and formatting custom ROMs and can end up seriously damaging their devices by trying out these test builds
- If you are genuinely interested in helping with the testing activities and also understand how to fix and do some minor level of testing on custom ROMS, you are welcome to join the testing team
- As part of the testing team you can share your comments on the dedicated testing telegram channel.
Status : Released
Status : Released
How to check the NextCloud version🤓 You can find the complete documentation and current NC version under https://murena.io/settings/help >> NextCloud xx user documentation. The xx should show the latest version. - Another way to check the current version is to check the [NextCloud scan link](https://scan.nextcloud.com) and input https://murena.io this should display the current version number as well as the security level. > Please note if MurenaCloud patch number is not the same as the NC patch number, the rating would show up as bad 😐 This is not exactly a problem. We do not immediately jump to the next NC patch as soon as it is released. We first test it and then set out with the deployment.
- Download available here](https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/understand-and-use-gsi.html)
- Sources available here
- version is /e/OS Q (A10)
- GSI OS version will next move to T or A13 skipping the R and S versions. Dates for development will be shared
- Frequently we see users complain about the GSI OS versions not being in sync with the ROM OS versions. As mentioned we do have developer bandwidth issues. If there are users who have development skills we welcome them to share their expertise and help speed up the process in the true spirit of an Open Source project.
Read this post where Gaël shares his vision on the Murena and /e/OS roadmap into 2023 and beyond
This is just a sneak peek into exciting news we would be sharing in the days to come.
For example …
- The release of Fairphone FP4 in the US through the Murena Store was one
- Fairphone 5 with /e/OS release
- Launch of the Murena 2 - Kickstarter campaign live
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the news first hand. All links available below.
What OS OTA upgrade means
Usually for /e/OS ROMs to upgrade the OS you have to do the following
- If available download the correct OS build from the supported device list
- For some devices you also need to download the stock ROM from the vendor site.
- Take a back up of your data
- First install the Stock ROM
- Next install the /e/OS ROM. Here you can take help of the install guides available on our documentation site.
- If required apply the backups you downloaded before starting the whole process
An alternate to this tedious process is where we offer the user the option to upgrade the OS OTA. This option is available for stable device builds only.
This process is easy for the user but requires a lot of development and testing effort.
Different /e/OS build types
- Gigaset: GS290 : Q (A10)→ Android 11 (R)
- Oneplus: avicii : A12
- OnePlus : avicii : Q ( A10) → R (A11)
- Fairphone: FP4 : R ( A11) → S (A12)
- Fairphone:FP3 : R (A11) → S (A12)
- Fairphone:FP3 : Q (A10) → R (A11)
- Samsung: s7 / s7+ : Nougat (A7) → Q (A10)
- Samsung: s9 / s9+ : Oreo (A8) → Q (A10)
- Samsung: s8 / s8+ : Pie (A9) → R (A11)
- Teracube: 2e / zirconia: Q (A10) to R (A11)
- Teracube: emerald & zirconia : R (A11) to S (A12)
- All OTA OS upgrades are on stable builds
- Google Pixel ‘redfin’: S(A12) → T(A13)
- Samsung: Galaxy S9/9+ : Q (A10)→ R(A11)
- Gigaset: GS290: R(A11) → S (A12)
- All OTA OS upgrades are on stable builds
- Support of multiple OS versions on the same device has been stopped
- Upgrade your device to the latest OS version available.
- For example, if /e/OS R (Android 11) builds are available for your /e/OS Q (Android 10) build, upgrade to the latest version which in this case would be A11.
All Nokia devices
- It is not possible to officially unlock Nokia bootloaders + lack of dedicated maintainer
- Google Nexus 7 2013 flox
- Device has partition size issues. Not able to build /e/OS ROMs for this device even with minimal build
Minimal build is a setting in /e/OS build which removes the following default applications (LibreOffice viewer, PDFViewer, Maps and Weather)from the source code and builds a smaller version of the ROM.
Check real time availability of /e/OS and related services websites
OS upgrade info specific to the FP3
- The FP3 OTA OS update from Pie to Q/R is not possible as encryption method changed on FP3 between Pie and Q/R. It is not possible to change the method while updating.
- The team spent a great deal of time on this, but has not been able to resolve this problem. For now, the manual process is the only way to upgrade the FP3 from pie to other OS versions.
End of official support for Nougat, Oreo and Pie😞 Pie, Oreo and Nougat the official /e/OS support has ended.
Reasons for dropping official support are:
- newly released applications like App Lounge, Advanced privacy code has not been customized for these OS versions.
- lack of dedicated ROM Maintainers
- no support upstream (Lineage dropped support for Pie sometime back)
- device trees will continue to exist in the Gitlab and users with build skills can create custom ROMs on these builds
- Security patches and vendor patches for the Pie, Oreo and Nougat code will be updated based on availability.
Google stops security patches for OS after some time. Similarly, Vendors drop support for older models when they release newer models in the market. Then it depends on developers from various communities to backport the patches.
Device and Vendor specific Announcements
- We have stopped the sales of the Gigaset GS290 on the eSolutionsShop as the vendor has stopped production of the device. We will continue support for existing users.
Message being shared on the request of our vendor partners
- Vendors whose phones we sell on our eSolutions Store do not directly sell /e/OS flashed devices.
- The vendors only sell their devices with their own stock ROM.
- To get pre flashed /e/OS phones, you have to purchase them from the eSolutions Shop.
/e/OS Pre flashed device sales
- We sell directly in EU, US, Canada.
- Find details of what devices are available in which countries here eSolutions Shop.
- In Australia we do not sell directly. You can purchase preflashed /e/OS devices from this site
Murena One released
A phone from Murena with /e/OS installed has been launched and is available for purchase. Check the device specs here
Expect more device releases from Murena in future
Murena is the brand name and /e/OS is the operating system.
Different /e/OS build types
Check out this guide to understand differences between build types on /e/OS
/e/OS website and social media Links
- Facing issues with devices you purchased from us ? Send a mail with details to email@example.com