Feedback for v1.13

See also this case I made 9 months ago for 1.4.

I had this again yesterday on 1.13: Bluetooth headphones on, a call incoming - the ringtone is played on the device speaker, not in the headphones. The caller can then be heard again in the headphones.

Gigaset GS290

IMG-e-1.13-r-20230724313393-stable-GS290.zip

Vendor Name: Gigaset
Device name: GS290
Device CodeName: gs290
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: Stock Gigaset_GS290_10.0_V14.20230214
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

/e/ Easy-Installer V0.18.1 installs build /e/OS V1.12.3 ‘stable’ (IMG-e-latest-r-GS290.zip) at the present time.

The subsequently necessary OTA update V1.13 ‘stable’ was integrated flawlessly.

For a manual installation I recommend to consider six additional .img files.

Google Pixel 5

Vendor Google
Device Pixel 5
Device Redfin
Version e/OS v. 1.13 / Android 12

Updated OTA from 1.12 to 1.13
Working as expected, using 2 eSIMs.
Thank you all!

Hello,

I just updated my FP3 from 1.12.3 where I had a problem with the location provider.

I had a problem that does not allow me to use another location provider but Mozilla one.
Mozilla location provider locates me with more that 300 km error, that’s why I want to use another.

The update to 1.13 does not change anything, it still provide me location with a 300 km error.

• Vendor Fairphone
  • Device FP3+
  • Device CodeName FP3
  • Version of /e/OS previously 1.12.3-s/stable
  • Is the device Rooted / Not Rooted

Update itself went well.

!! However, phone keeps rebooting every couple of hours since the update. Really unreliable because of this. No idea about the cause.

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.12.3-s-20230616300623-dev-FP3

No issue with updating, now on 1.13-s-20230727314102-dev-FP3.
The following things work for me:

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Notification LED
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via mobile network
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Hotspot: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Location: Exposed
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Manage my location: Use my real location
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App location permissions - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (original FP3 Camera module, not +) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (original FP3 Top module, not +) photo + video
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.0
    (nightly 27.01.2023 - for sync with Betterbird instead of Thunderbird)
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)
3 Likes

Device name: Fairphone 2
Device CodeName: FP2
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.12.3-r-20230619301238-dev-FP2

No issue with updating, now on 1.13-r-20230727314472-dev-FP2.

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Hotspot: enabled
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Location: Exposed
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Manage my location: Use my real location
    • Settings - Location - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App access to location - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (Camera module 12 MP version 2) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (Top module version 2) photo + video
    (Camera records completely black video from the moment surrounding light is too dark or changes into too dark when moving … years old issue I already had with Open Camera on LineageOS, can live with it.)
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.0
    (nightly 27.01.2023 - for sync with Betterbird instead of Thunderbird)
2 Likes

No issue with update from 1.12.3 Q to 1.3.0 Q (stable) on my S9+ ; GPS is still working fine in my daily driver app “Naturalist” :-).
Seems though that the battery consumption has been heavier since a handful of releases … I would say that I’ve progressively lost around 30% full charge duration. No new app in use since then.

1 Like
  • Vendor Fairphone
  • Device FP3
  • Device CodeName FP3
  • Version of /e/OS previously 1.12.3-s/dev
  • Is the device Rooted Not Rooted

Everything went smoothly for the installation. No bugs detected so far.

Mamy thanks !

3 Likes

Device name: Fairphone 4
Device CodeName: FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS [1.11

No issue with updating, now on [1.13-s-20230727314102-dev-

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via ethernet cord (usb adapter)
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
  • Main camera (original FP4) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (original FP4 ) photo + video

Everything went well in the OTA update and so far feels really quick and snappy, Thanks a lot to the whole e team and and every one involved for all the amazing work! <3

1 Like
Device name: FP3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 1.12.3 stable
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: I don't know

The bug with Gallery on MMS is still here:
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7180

Vendor Name: Teracube
Device name: 2e
Device CodeName: emerald
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously:
1.12.5-r-20230705306756-dev-emerald
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: rooted

OTA update failed to install. After a few attempts I exported the update to SD card and flashed from recovery. That went okay.
Alas, that meant I missed out on the Magisk OTA update also. No problem as I had the 1.13 fastboot files ready just in case updating totally failed.

With 1.12.5 I had downgraded microG. Figured I’d have to do the same with 1.13 but adb remount repeatedly failed with /system, /product, and /vendor. The mount command also failed to mount /system. Always reported as not mounted anywhere so can’t be remounted.
So after deleting some microG dalvik files under /data/ I booted into recovery and was able to do what I needed in /system from there (/mnt/system/system).

When I fastboot flashed 1.12.5 per the instructions (things had changed since the last time) it included logo-verified.bin. A problematic item responsible for dm-verity corruption boot message along with a poweroff countdown.

Ultimately I wound up dirty fastboot flashing 1.13 along with Magisk patched boot image, logo.bin, and using the --disable-verity --disable-verification flags when flashing vbmeta.
Now everything is as good as before 1.12.5.
Fun stuff. :grin:

Interestingly I was sure I replaced microG before fastboot flashing thus getting 0.2.28 again but 0.2.27 was present after boot. Mozilla and Nominatum backends were gone but the others were still present. Installed them.
After awhile a check with SatStat showed great location results. Tiny red GPS circle on my house and a small blue network circle covering my house and the building next door.

Everything else in the build seems good to go. App Lounge acts odd but then when hasn’t it. :smirk:

EDIT: Regarding failure to mount /system I never thought to try mounting the root directory instead. From what I read somewhere that should work(?).

mount -o rw,remount /

1 Like
Vendor Name

Device name : Poco F3
Device CodeName : alioth

No update available for my Poco F3 (alioth) since v1.11

Device name : Redmi Note 8
Device CodeName : ginkgo

No update available for my Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo) since v1.11 (Android R)

1 Like

Device name : Oneplus 3T
Device CodeName : oneplus3

No update available for my Oneplus 3T (oneplus3) since v1.11 (Android R)

Fairphone 3+
FP3
Updated from v1.12.3-s stable
Not rooted

All went well with update - 40 minutes to complete.
No immediate issues noted, all seems to be running fine currently.
Previous issue with Seek app (now v2.15.0) where app crashed if I tried to view a saved observation with location enabled seems to be resolved and app appears to be working correctly now.
Phone still not reconnecting to a Proton VPN server when I try to change VPN server or on reboot (issue #6793 in Gitlab).

Device name : Pocophone F1
Device CodeName : beryllium
Previous version of /e/OS : 1.11
Device Not rooted

Update OK.
No problem detected so far.

The missed builds were mentioned here Feedback for v1.13 - #45 by aibd.

3 Likes

The GPS problem seems mainly solved, but one app keeps crashing and I can’t find the reason. The app is “ladenetz.de” - de.ladenetz.app.

Perhaps someone can help finding a workaround?

One issue has popped up on my FP4 since the 1.13 update: wifi connection gets lost sometimes after some time of inactivity.
I have to switch to airplane mode and back to reconnect to my network.