Feedback for v1.17

Vendor Name : Motorola
Device name : Moto G4 Play (Harpia)
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : e-1.16
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not

Since my device would’nt upload OTA the update, I tried to flash it with TWRP 3.6.2_9-0 that I used in the first place last year or more when i flashed the e-1.1

It made a mess !

I had to :

• format the hole phone,
  • restore a nandroid backup made before switching to /e/
  • flash again the e-1.1-q-20220629200240-dev-harpia.zip
  • test the phone if it work normaly
  • restore a nandroid backup made before the upgrade (this was a clever choice)

And it is now running normal, I only lost a few bits of data because it took me nearly 3 day to find out how to do.

Vendor Name: Fairphone
    Device name: FP3+
    Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: [dev-version]
    Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not rooted

The upgrade went smoothly, while I had the display permanently active.
Install time 0:52 hrs.
So far most things are fine, there still is the known camera-focus issue unsolved though.

Only there is a quite poor performance on my favorite subject, the battery usage: It is - after 8 days - about 3.8 days per 100% which makes it a further decrease, as v1.15 performed with 5.7 days and v1.16 with 4,6 days.
It seems to me that Advanced Privacy is a major player in this game.
Please have a look into this and carry on with the good work.

Hi again Pat38600

I’ll write you a PM.

• Vendor Name: Teracube
  • Device name: 2e
  • Device CodeName: emerald
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.16 (stable)
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

It is indicated in the Release Notes for Teracube 2e 2020 and 2021: “Fix double tap to wakeup”.
But when I double tap the screen, the display remains black.
So, I don’t see the issue solved or maybe I have not understood what’s meant behind the sentence “Fix double tap to wakeup”.

• Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: Fairphone 3+
  • Device CodeName: FP3+
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/ OS Version 1.16
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Update seemed to go fine, but now the camera isn’t working and the flashlight claims that the camera is in use. The front-facing camera works fine. Have been trying different things to get the camera working but nothing has worked. No one else has reported this from what I’ve seen so maybe I did something to break it…?

EDIT: Reseated the camera module and it’s working fine now

Device name: Fairphone 3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.16-s-20231019342893-dev-FP3
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

No issue with updating, now on 1.17-s-20231111351092-dev-FP3.
The following things work for me:

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Notification LED
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via mobile network
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Hotspot: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Location: Exposed
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Manage my location: Use my real location
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App location permissions - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (original FP3 Camera module, not +) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (original FP3 Top module, not +) photo + video
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.1
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)

Device name: Fairphone 2
Device CodeName: FP2
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.16-r-20231020343335-dev-FP2

No issue with updating, now on 1.17-r-20231111351093-dev-FP2.
The following things work for me:

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via mobile network
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Hotspot: enabled
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Location: Exposed
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Manage my location: Use my real location
    • Settings - Location - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App access to location - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (Camera module 12 MP version 2) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (Top module version 2) photo + video
    (Camera records completely black video from the moment surrounding light is too dark or changes into too dark when moving … years old issue I already had with Open Camera on LineageOS, can live with it.)
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.1
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)
  • samsung
  • Galaxy S7 SM-930F
  • herolte
  • e-1.16-q to 1.17-q
  • not rooted

Green tinted pictures when using HDR mode, already bugged in 1.16. Still no accent colors in the settings except blue.

1 Like

e/OS 1.17 is now available for the FP3 any issues with it?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Vendor Name: (Murena) Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 4
Device CodeName: FP4
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: /e/OS 1.16 stable

Hi, i installed v1.17s OTA update and it works fine overall, it even seems that I have WiFi calling now (it wasn’t working before).

However there is something strange : my USB-C earphones which I bought very recently and were working perfectly until then, are not working anymore since I updated eOS.

Honestly I do not know if it is related to the update but I tried them on another phone and they work fine, I also tried other earphones on my FP4 and they don’t work either, so it really seems to be related to my phone and it started after the update.

What happens exactly is :

• they are detected by the phone (I have a notification saying that the phone is actually trying to charge them !)
  • but no sound is heard through them, when I play some music the sound comes out of the phone’s speakers.
  • I tried afterwards to activate the Developer options and change the default USB configuration ( I tried all the available settings) but it doesn’t help.

Would anyone have an idea why this happens and how to solve it ? If not, no worries I will just wait for v1.18 and hope it resolves the issue !

Thanks a lot for help and a huge thank anyways to the /e/ team for their great job !

In addition, the energy-saving mode deactivates the vibration for all notifications, I’m not quite sure if this is intentional

Internet says it’s intentional. Operating the vibration motor takes energy, so this is saved while energy saving is enabled.
If you want to customise, you can try this here … https://www.xda-developers.com/customize-android-battery-saver-mode/

Ah ok, that changed from version to version / device to device so i was not sure, thank :slight_smile:

FairPhone 5
FP5
rooted

My feedback isn’t really version specific but targets some design decisions in /e/OS. So since v1.17 is my very first release of /e/OS I am using, here are some things that bug or annoy me massively:

• Accent color cannot be set in the android UI settings (in favor of /e/'s view on user experience)
  • Mutilation of Trebuchet (Trebuchet cannot be used because /e/ want to push their blizz launcher)
  • “murena” marketing/branding on the boot-screen of my FP5 when /e/OS is installed (just… why?)

Edit 1: some text sanitizing
Add 1: I guess I am not fully part of the target market of /e/OS. For now (and what I’ve seen) it’s the only custom ROM for my device, but as soon as the device support is moving upstream to LineageOS I’ll probably switch to that.

3 Likes

Same issue with the call volume without earphones, massive too loud on the lowest setting.
Tried every tip i found, nothing works.

FP4 with version 1.17-s
shipped from Fairphone directly.

1 Like

But now, viewing and reducing open apps by square touch is not possible ! Another way ?

Shutdown and restart … It’s ok this morning.

since that, i’ve been upgrading OTA without any problem !

Vendor Name : Motorola
Device name : Moto G5 (Cedric)
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : Stock android 7.0
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not

As I tell here, I had issue trying to flash the latest zip and finally managed to get e-1.17 running on one of my Moto G5 Cedric.

I realize just now, as I’m on my way to flash another one, how lucky I was :
the method I use was OK if the BootLoader (BL) was below the B8.31 !

Hopefully, my device didn’t brick.

This is a friendly reminder to take your time when doing new things

Vendor Name : Asus
Device name : Zenfone 8
Version of /e/OS 1.16
Not rooted

Im not sure if the problem was there in 1.16

Searching the calendar crashes the app

Interesting, @eboelens - I immediately tryied to search something in the calendar - works on my FP5-/e/OS (v1.17) with no crashes (tho I have no local calendar but some synced with DAVx5).