Feedback for v1.2

No clue, I see no change with my Fairphone 3 yet. It charges with the usual charger, powerbank and cables just like it did before.

Until yesterday I would have confirmed to this. My device charged correctly with 1.2 for about two weeks. But yesterday it was different. And I don’t know why and I don’t know when it will happen again.

Hi,

Phone beryllium
/e/ OS - 1.2-20220727206630

1. Some apps were unable to register touch inputs, such as okta, waze and many others. In some cases, a reboot help and some nothing help. Usually, in search bar area or buttons.
  2. Due to some random issue with app, I required to reboot the phone once for every 2 day and in some cases a few time a day.
  3. After a few reboots during one day, I got to a point that no notification will appear, until you open the app to get a wave of notifications. In addition, the battery drain from 100% to 5% in 8 hours. After additional reboot, the issue has been improved.
  4. Apploung preforms are bad since 1.0
  5. Apploung notifying that a few apps will be updated, but this notification remain even when those apps were already updated.
  6. Some apps stuck in the background and there is no way to close them, but to reboot the phone.

except with app shortcuts in Bliss. It is impossible to keep a directory with several shortcuts.
The folder disapears after few hours.

Hello,

with e/os 1.2 stable version on Fairphone 4, the ‘“Timeout fetching applications!”’ error for App Lounge is still there. This error is still displayed when I try to update software only.

Why is /e/OS still shipping Chromium 100.0.4896.57 from March 29th!?

I count 151 known security issues, 3 of which are being actively exploited in the wild according to Google.

https://divestos.org/misc/ch-dates.txt

This is honestly downright disgustingly unacceptable at this point.

And please kindly don’t give some excuse that it is because of Bromite, because that table clearly shows Bromite providing updates.

4 Likes

Hi everyone,
I’ve updated my Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (a5y17lte) yesterday, and since then I notice a huge improvement regarding battery drain that occured since v1.0 (with every Advanced Privacy features turned on).
I don’t have precise metrics but my battery lasted for ~48h on v0.23 (before AP features), dropped to ~20h on v1.0 and 1.1, and is now back to ~48h with v1.2.
So thanks a lot for this good work !

I’ve removed Qwant primarily because of this:

Remember Huawei was implicit in Uighur persecution in China.

I’m now using privacy browser with Mojeek.

1 Like

Camera function has reverted to poor performance when it comes to viewing recently taken images in Gallery. I have to restart the phone. This was an issue before v1 update which v1 corrected.

A bit off topic, sorry about that.

Very disappointing from Qwant. The business model is still at the heart of the problem.

The most embarrassing thing is that Qwant has asked Huawei for a loan of 8 million euros, in the form of convertible bonds. This means that the Chinese group would have the possibility of converting its bonds in order to become a minority shareholder in Qwant, with between 5% and 7.5% of the capital, and thus to influence the company’s strategic decisions. (source in French here)

3 Likes

On my S9 bought on /e/ store, after updating to 1.2, Signal app fails to retrieve messages after something like 24 hours. Need to restart the phone every day so that messages arrive.

1 Like

And did you clear the cache of the Signal app?

in the “Files” program search without result with error message

It works very well. I have the 1.2 Q on a fairphone 3+. It is very fast when I switch it on. I find it splendid that the alarm clock is working with the phone switched off. It was a nice surprise to see that a minute before the programmed alarm the phone switches on and the alarm starts. So I can sleep with the phone switched off.
Wi-Fi working well
Battery life ok
No app with problems
It is a very good user experience

I use the Discreet launcher.

Hi,
I’m using a Fairphone 2, on which v1.2 was now installed. I did not measure it, but intuitively it seems that v1.2 requires more energy than v0.9x before. Did anybody observe the same?
mbi

This is an issue for years now and despite all promises in gitlab it remains. One of the reasons why I don’t recommend /e/OS to normal users yet.

2 Likes

Hi,
Couldn’t upgrade to 1.2 as I’m running under Pie (that was delivered with the brand new FP3 I bought two years ago from eFoundation e-store). :frowning:
I’m waiting for eFoundation to deliver a way to migrate from Pie to whatever newer version without losing my phone data…

Maybe that is the reason:

Hello, I can’t do any upgrate till this one :

So I am very far of this subject…
I’m using a FP3 bought at /e/.