Feedback for v1.2

Hi,
same here @ my GS290… (eOS1.2stable)

Hello,

Same here on an FP4 device with v1.2. App Lounge couldn’t fetch the apps for hours, then worked a bit, then back to not working again.

Is it possible that apps are fetched on a server that has trouble running? Or is it v1.2 ?

1 Like

Same problem on FP4.

Same issue on galaxy S9 V1.1 dev even after clearing cache/data of App lounge and Advanced Privacy App…

Same here on FP3+.
A day ago or two App Lounge would not work with Wi-Fi, but would work with mobile data. But today, neither makes App Lounge work.

I have android 10 and after 1.0 i first updated to 1.1 and then 1.2. I think you’r right to say that the problems started

Same here for my S9+
Arnaud

Well then… Then you might buy an FP4 through the Murena shop for EUR 629.90 or EUR 699.90. And then you get this shit. I was so helpful to reset my phone without thinking. Doesn’t help either, but now I lost all my apps and can’t install them on my phone. Think I’ll just buy another phone without eOS because this is annoying. Then just install the apps on my tablet, see no other solution

Same thing happened to me today on FP3+. I think problems started AFTER updating to v1.2

Nevermind! It’s operating fine now

Same on FP4.

The problem is intermittent. Most of the time you just have to try again later.

I think that the remote servers of /e/ are saturated.
Also, the app lounge takes longer to open than before.

Maybe the links used by /e/ or the mirrors that redirect to the apk are gradually failing?

A workaround is to keep a backup alternative store such as F-Droid or Aurora Store to ensure that you can install the application you want at all times.

EDIT: I didn’t see any specific issues for this problem on e-Gitlab, so I created one:

6 Likes

Same on Galaxy S7 Edge. I had time to install a lot of apps on 1.2 before it became unusable. So as noticed by other users it’s not linked only to 1.2

Definitely not 1.2-exclusive as I got that on 1.1 (FP3+). Only about one attempt out of twenty successfully loaded apps. Looks a lot like struggling servers. :woman_shrugging:
Annoyingly enough, if you switch tabs (like go to Updates or whatever), it seems that the timeout message does not pop up, so you’re not offered the possibility to retry and have to quit instead, as far as I can tell.
Aurora is fine, though, so it’s a nice workaround to have in your sleeve.

Same on Teracube 2e.

I have the same issue on Moto X Play(eOS v1.1), so i guess its not a device-related problem.

Same here. Samsung S9, issue appeared with V1.2.

I also see the App Lounge issue #5876 as intermittent. I reproduced the issue 3 times yesterday in daylight hours; no issue 05.00 UTC today; reproducible now.

I have been testing 1.2 for 12 days now. I never saw the issue till I saw this thread opened 21 hours ago. I feel it might not be primarily connected with 1.2, but is showing up for many as they install 1.2, which in general I found giving a slicker performance than previous versions. I feel it is an issue of resources external to my devices. (With a rider that perhaps the slicker performance I noticed of App Lounge is more resource hungry than previously?)

Installed /e/ on my new FP4 five days ago. At first I had no problems (v1.1) but after having installed quite a few apps, the problems started to occur.

Updating to v1.2 did not solve the problem.

The problem occurs continuously now. All the time. Wifi or 5G does not make any difference.

The workaround mentioned (keep a backup alternative store such as F-Droid or Aurora Store) does not work as long as the ‘App Lounge’ is not accessible.

@marvis

Just install the F-Droid APK from https://f-droid.org/. You can install the Aurora Store from F-Droid.

5 Likes

Hi. Me too have the same problem on my FP4 v. 1.2. Clear cache and app store space seem to solve the problem, but I don’t have updating pending, so I can’t say definitively.