Feedback for v1.21

I had the same issue with VLC on my FP3+ and too fixed it by giving all files access.

Files access permission doesn’t appear to be available within the permissions setting for VLC within Apps.

1 Like

Moto G5 cedric
Version 1.21r

No WLAN anymore!
Show stopper.

After update wlan can not be enabled anymore.

I suggest that e.foundation uses REAL DEVICES for basic quality control before shipping updates.

I am sure that some users donate real devices for quality control if quality control takes place.

Have a checklist that basic things like
GPS, WLAN, a gsm phone call, listening to music, operating touch screen, USB keyboard, mouse
etc are tested before shipping an update.

It is unfortunate that it takes place. The reality is that /e/ is looking for maintainers as few devices have a dedicated individual monitoring releases. Thank God that lineage bug fixes come downstream.

in the meantime, here might be a workaround with adb

• Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: Fairphone 3+
  • Device CodeName: FP3+
  • Current version of /e/OS: 1.21-t-20240323388918-stable-FP3
  • Previous version of /e/OS: 1.20
  • Device Rooted: no

After a week and a half of using v1.21 on my FP3+, I have to say that I didn’t find any good in this upgrade. I do not have the option for 4G anymore (just LTE & 3G options); I cannot change the brightness sliding the finger on the top of the screen; and I cannot make videos anymore, the phone starts recording and it blocks, and if you save the video just the sound is working; when opening and trying to find any app on App Lounge I get a constant message telling me that the anonymous account is not available and that I should refresh, but when I do, it appears again, making it impossible to search for apps. And, overall, I feel the phone slower than on v1.20.

These are things that were perfectly working on v1.20… but I also didn’t read any of these problems on other FP3 users…

LTE means 4G in this context.
Details: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G

I can’t confirm any of your other issues on 1.21-t-20240324389105-dev-FP3.

2 Likes

Vendor name: Fairphone/Murena
Device name: FP5
Device CodeName: FP5
Previous Version of /e/OS: v1.20-t
Rooted: no

Phone still reboots/shuts down occasionally

My FP4 coming from 1.20-s is reloading the “webapp” page all the time, so that typing text in Telegram FOSS and other apps becomes a pain. The keyboard disappears, so you have to go to the text box and then go on typing every couple of seconds.

Webapps like the Enphase solar panel app and sometimes the browser are reloading very often without reason.

Sorry late reply, been reading feedbacks with delay. My mobile internet works fine on GS290 after 1.21.1-s- update and was workin fine before. I had to factory reset my phone for other reasons, but after that the new phone icon was gone and old key icon was back. My version is 1.21.1-s-20240326389527-stable-GS290. Thisupdate brought back the delay when keying SIM PIN. Have to wait 30 sec or more to be able to key it. 1.20-s- update fixed it, but now it’s back. This seems to be some kind of problem connecting SIM to network?

I apologize.
The problem with the Simyo-sim is entirely my fault. I misconfigured the settings with the provider.

Vendor Name LG
Device name G3
Device CodeName d855
Stock Android 5.0.x Lollipop
The device is not rooted

Successful installation of e-1.21-r-20240323388943-dev-d855 with recovery-e-1.21-r

FM Radio App does not work: no station search, no playback of any station.

Then I found this post Feedback for 1.13

I downgraded to version e-1.9-r-20230312268580-dev-d855 and e-1.12.3-r-20230619301238-dev-d855. Everything works fine with both versions, including Wi-Fi and FM radio.

… and installed /e/OS version

• e-1.12.3-r-20230619301238-dev-d855 = FM-Radio App works :white_check_mark:
  • e-1.3-r-20220824212931-dev-d855 = FM-Radio App works :white_check_mark:
  • e-1.8.1-r-20230205257804-dev-d855 = FM-Radio App does not work :x:
  • e-1.21-r-20240323388943-dev-d855 = FM-Radio App does not work :x:
  • e-2.0-alpha.5-r-20240412393540-dev-d855 = FM-Radio App does not work :x:

My request and suggestion to the ROM Builder: Since the app has not been working for months, it makes no sense to continue integrating it as a system app, especially since normal users cannot even deactivate it with a click.

This looks like a regression bug. You should raise an issue on Gitlab. If already done, pl share the issue ID. Since you have shared test build results on this thread, I am assuming you are a member of the test team and can share this information on the testing channel and have the developer look at it.
The recommendation is to avoid sharing test build info on the forum as it confused other users.

I am a tight /e/nthusiast but neither a member of the test team nor a Gitlab account holder and do not usually share information about test builds here in the forum. The e-2.0 alpha build mentioned here is just to show that the bug has been “carried along” from one version to the next for months.

Added 18/04/24: The media control “button” in notification (30sec forward or backward) works 1 time out of 3. Clear with direct control.

Hi everybody

Sorry for my english. I’ll do my best.

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS existed previously: 1.20 stable
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted

Android version: 1.21-t-20240323388918-stable-FP3

Problem: some appli doesn’t want to work. Like newpipe, crédit coopératif (bank). Error network, no internet. But internet is well.

Yesterday morning, same problèmes with radio like “radio france”, but it’s OK today.

App loundge can’t make MAJ of appli on the phone.

Have a great day.
Thanks for the job.

And of course, spécial big thanks for Manoj. I read all jour post every week! Great job !!!

Vendor Name Google
Device name Pixel 4a 5G (Model G025I, Global, International)
Device CodeName bramble
Version of Stock which existed previously TQ3A.230901.001, Sep 2023 = latest A13
Device ist Not rooted
Open bootloader (not relocked)

See also

Everything seems to be working well on my POCO X3 NFC.

I’m still not used of the UI, but things are working even better than LOS/microg in general.
Personally, I have no complaints about default apps, except I may prefer few other apps (then all I have to do is just download them).

Overall, this is a good degoogled ROM (easy, reliable & stable).

Thank you for your work.

1 Like

Vendor Name: Sony
Device Name: Xperia Xz2 Compact
Device CodeName: Xz2c
Version of e/OS currently: 1.20

Version 1.21 does not appear available to me for this device.

Forum search says … build failed:

… the list being …

This problem with 5G and battery drain is awfull. I am on 1.21.1 and it uses about 10% in 90mins. This means it wont even last a full day and thats not acceptable. Please try to fix it or give out proper directions how to get rid of it. I had that problem since 5G was possibly to use.

I have a fairphone 4 and soon switching to a fairphone 5. the 4 will be used by someone I know.

Rest is working fine, banking app and normal browser and so.