Feedback for v1.21

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/ OS 1.20-s (stable)
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Unknown

Still problem with double SIM

[Bug] System profile automatically chooses secondary SIM for cellular data

Vendor Name: Murena
Device Name: MurenaOne
Previous Version of /e/OS: 1.20-s
Rooted: No

update to 1.21.2-s with no problems, everything works fine (bluetooth, NFC, wlan, 
)

thx :grinning: :+1:

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: Galaxy S10+
Device CodeName: beyond2lte
Previous Version of /e/OS: 1.20-T

Works as well as 1.20-T

I still have problem with 1440p video playback. This issue is absolutely surprising. The moment I would try to play 1440p video screen will go completely blank - blank and nothing is shown, not even buttons on bottom of screen or status bar - just nothing. This happens only when Night Light is off. Turn on Night Light and 1440p video playback is normal.

Disappearing settings are quite annoying. Is it that I always have to avoid reboots/restarts or powering off device? Before GPS was going into week rollover, which is fixed with assisted GPS*. Now I am loosing some settings. I am loosing Tasks (Tasks.org) DavX5 synchronisation, some sound settings and alarms refuse to go off, until I cycle them off and back on. There is more, which I described elsewhere on this forum.

Generally I am very happy with /e/OS. Installing it was third best decision ever made with regards to phone. 2nd best decision was buying Nokia N900 and 1st was enabling community repository. It is shame nothing like this exists now. I am closest to Nokia N900 with community repository I ever have been.

Long live to /e/OS

If the device still works, you can install Linux on it :
https://postmarketos.org/
https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Nokia_N900_(nokia-n900)
https://postmarketos.org/download/

I was hit by the same exact bug for VLC. Thanks for the explanation, because I first tried to go to App > VLC > Permissions, but I didn’t see the permissions for Files.

Device name: Galaxy Tab S5e (Wi-Fi) SM-T720
Device CodeName: gts4lvwifi
Version of Stock which existed previously: T720XXS3DWA1
The device is Not rooted

Unproblematic initial installation using e-Recovery V1.21

I am already looking forward to the new release V2.0 with BlissLauncher 3.0

Hi!
Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Mi 10T Lite 5G
Device CodeName: gauguin
Previous Version of /e/OS: 1.20-t

OTA update OK.

e-drive does not work properly: it does not synchronize files, especially photos, even if I force the refresh.
However, synchronization is instantaneous with nextcloud clients on my Samsung A52s (iode) or laptop (MandrivaLinux).
Mail, calendar, notes, tasks,
 correct (with some specific exceptions).

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 3+
Device CodeName: FP3+
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.20-s stable
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

OTA upgrade to 1.21-t stable went flawlessly (despite an error message about dialer crashing during the update). Many thanks for the great work!

1 Like

Same here. Great! Thank you very much!

Vendor Name : Xiaomi
Device name : Poco F2 Pro
Device CodeName : lmi
Version of /e/OS which existed previously : 1.20-t
Last version installed : 1.21-t-20240325389105-dev-lmi (Android 13)
Is the device rooted : yes

OTA upgrade went well. The haptic feedback for the keyboard is now functional (the feature was lost with 1.20-t version).
Unhappily the “Hello Bank!” app does not accept anymore the “digital key” to be installed : I can’t do internet payments (this was possible with the 1.20-t version).

Thank you very much for all the work you do.

I wanted to disable that icon as well, and that’s the first place I looked at. But there is no ‘call strength’ to disable in that list for me (FP3+)

1 Like

Ok, merci pour ces précieuses infos.

Quelqu’un connait-il une alternative pour restaurer le lecteur multimĂ©dia Ă  un Ă©tat plus compact ?

PS : Je confirme malheureusement que ma batterie se vide en une journée, avant la MAJ, elle tenait 2 jours en conditions similaires.

Vendor Name: Murena Teracube
Device name: 2e
Device CodeName: emerald
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously; v1.20-s
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not rooted

Update went smoothly. No operating issues. LTE indicator is visible.

1 Like

Device Name: Galaxy S8
Previous Version of /e/OS: 1.20-r

Update OTA ok, but the vibrator reacts randomly when certain keys are pressed, and when it does, it vibrates less loudly (barely perceptible). No problem before 1.21.

That phone icon is call strength. You can disable it in

thanks, but I think the problem is rather that the icon indicates “no signal”, although the signal is actually fine
 or is this indicator generally outdated (and thus showing zero strenth) when you use (Vo)LTE/5G?

as there’s the problem with the inability to manually select/find cellular networks, I considered it to show zero signal erroneously 

I would agree that it seems undefined. But try this:

Make a call, then switch to speakerphone, and see if that icon changes to a DOT. If it’s the same as mine, it does, which tells me its more to do with something related to call volume or speakers.

Either way, I have opened a ticket with Murana on this icon, and it’s purpose.

1 Like

Overall everything works fine. I just noticed 2 minor things:

• Notifications from the tasks app sometimes don’t show up when a task is due
  • A running timer from the clock app doesn’t show on the lock screen (used to in Android 12)

So Support confirmed that is Signal Strength icon, though it’s not supposed to display in the fashion it is.

https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7915

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
I have a Galaxy Note10+ with 1.21
When I make a phone call or receive a call, the internet connection always breaks.

So no LTE or 2G.

When you hang up, the phone immediately connects to the internet again

what could be the problem?

D.

Did /e/OS 1.21 introduce this issue to your phone, was it working before?

How do you see that the internet connection breaks?
(Since 2G internet speed is very slow many internet services nowadays would seem dead or even report connection issues on 2G internet, in which case the solution would be enabling VoLTE - Voice over LTE - if supported by the phone + the mobile network provider + the individual mobile network plan with the provider.)

Do you use 2 SIM cards perhaps?
(In which case the internet has references to this issue when SIM 1 does internet but SIM 2 takes a call.)