Feedback for v1.21

Vendor name: Fairphone/Murena
Device name: FP5
Device CodeName: FP5
Previous Version of /e/OS: v1.20-t
Rooted: no

Phone still reboots/shuts down occasionally

My FP4 coming from 1.20-s is reloading the ā€œwebappā€ page all the time, so that typing text in Telegram FOSS and other apps becomes a pain. The keyboard disappears, so you have to go to the text box and then go on typing every couple of seconds.

Webapps like the Enphase solar panel app and sometimes the browser are reloading very often without reason.

Sorry late reply, been reading feedbacks with delay. My mobile internet works fine on GS290 after 1.21.1-s- update and was workin fine before. I had to factory reset my phone for other reasons, but after that the new phone icon was gone and old key icon was back. My version is 1.21.1-s-20240326389527-stable-GS290. Thisupdate brought back the delay when keying SIM PIN. Have to wait 30 sec or more to be able to key it. 1.20-s- update fixed it, but now itā€™s back. This seems to be some kind of problem connecting SIM to network?

I apologize.
The problem with the Simyo-sim is entirely my fault. I misconfigured the settings with the provider.

Vendor Name LG
Device name G3
Device CodeName d855
Stock Android 5.0.x Lollipop
The device is not rooted

Successful installation of e-1.21-r-20240323388943-dev-d855 with recovery-e-1.21-r

FM Radio App does not work: no station search, no playback of any station.

Then I found this post Feedback for 1.13 ā€¦

I downgraded to version e-1.9-r-20230312268580-dev-d855 and e-1.12.3-r-20230619301238-dev-d855. Everything works fine with both versions, including Wi-Fi and FM radio.

ā€¦ and installed /e/OS version

• e-1.12.3-r-20230619301238-dev-d855 = FM-Radio App works :white_check_mark:
  • e-1.3-r-20220824212931-dev-d855 = FM-Radio App works :white_check_mark:
  • e-1.8.1-r-20230205257804-dev-d855 = FM-Radio App does not work :x:
  • e-1.21-r-20240323388943-dev-d855 = FM-Radio App does not work :x:
  • e-2.0-alpha.5-r-20240412393540-dev-d855 = FM-Radio App does not work :x:

My request and suggestion to the ROM Builder: Since the app has not been working for months, it makes no sense to continue integrating it as a system app, especially since normal users cannot even deactivate it with a click.

This looks like a regression bug. You should raise an issue on Gitlab. If already done, pl share the issue ID. Since you have shared test build results on this thread, I am assuming you are a member of the test team and can share this information on the testing channel and have the developer look at it.
The recommendation is to avoid sharing test build info on the forum as it confused other users.

I am a tight /e/nthusiast but neither a member of the test team nor a Gitlab account holder and do not usually share information about test builds here in the forum. The e-2.0 alpha build mentioned here is just to show that the bug has been ā€œcarried alongā€ from one version to the next for months.

Added 18/04/24: The media control ā€œbuttonā€ in notification (30sec forward or backward) works 1 time out of 3. Clear with direct control.

Hi everybody

Sorry for my english. Iā€™ll do my best.

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS existed previously: 1.20 stable
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted

Android version: 1.21-t-20240323388918-stable-FP3

Problem: some appli doesnā€™t want to work. Like newpipe, crĆ©dit coopĆ©ratif (bank). Error network, no internet. But internet is well.

Yesterday morning, same problĆØmes with radio like ā€œradio franceā€, but itā€™s OK today.

App loundge canā€™t make MAJ of appli on the phone.

Have a great day.
Thanks for the job.

And of course, spƩcial big thanks for Manoj. I read all jour post every week! Great job !!!

Vendor Name Google
Device name Pixel 4a 5G (Model G025I, Global, International)
Device CodeName bramble
Version of Stock which existed previously TQ3A.230901.001, Sep 2023 = latest A13
Device ist Not rooted
Open bootloader (not relocked)

See also

Everything seems to be working well on my POCO X3 NFC.

Iā€™m still not used of the UI, but things are working even better than LOS/microg in general.
Personally, I have no complaints about default apps, except I may prefer few other apps (then all I have to do is just download them).

Overall, this is a good degoogled ROM (easy, reliable & stable).

Thank you for your work.

1 Like

Vendor Name: Sony
Device Name: Xperia Xz2 Compact
Device CodeName: Xz2c
Version of e/OS currently: 1.20

Version 1.21 does not appear available to me for this device.

Forum search says ā€¦ build failed:

ā€¦ the list being ā€¦

This problem with 5G and battery drain is awfull. I am on 1.21.1 and it uses about 10% in 90mins. This means it wont even last a full day and thats not acceptable. Please try to fix it or give out proper directions how to get rid of it. I had that problem since 5G was possibly to use.

I have a fairphone 4 and soon switching to a fairphone 5. the 4 will be used by someone I know.

Rest is working fine, banking app and normal browser and so.

The update, on FP5 non rooted, was great success. however, Iā€™ve noticed increasing number of reboots. Is there any solution to this?

1 Like

Update: Battery issue was down to the battery. Got a replacement device (same model) that has now the expected battery life.

Strangely, this time Easy Installer got stuck at the ā€œbooting into bootloaderā€ stage even though fastboot devices showed my device just fine. Same hardware and software, no clue what the difference between the two devices are.

This is a problem since the FP4 got /e/OS and honestly, Im not quite sure if its even a /e/OS Problem or if its a Problem in the hardware of the FP4. But yes, I noticed the same and some back and forth with Murena and the FP4 Support has not brought any fix. If its better with the FP5 please let me now! Not planning to switch but its good to know when recommending devices.

I disabled 5G and only use it when I need fast internet. Most of the time 4G is sufficient but the Problem still standsā€¦

When I pass the device to my godchild I will order a battery replacement but she will not work with murena. Sadly. I try again to explain it to her but she is in the oekosystem of google and likes it. Maybe when she grows up as she is only 11 now.

I gladly will report if the 5G issue is not present on the Fairphone 5. I did not wanted to buy it yet but the godchild broke her phone again so I decided to give her the fairphone. They state the Nokia G22 is fixable but still has to much glue and stickypaper inside. Took me 2hrs or more to replace the screen last time and I am not doing it againā€¦

I sometimes experience sort of laggy reaction of quick settings buttons for wifi and mobile data.
Never experienced that before, it started with this version.
I cannot reproduce systematically but every once in a while the buttons do not change color rightaway when touched but only after swiping the quick settings menu back up and down again.
The function of the buttons is still given: status icons do react according to button-interaction (4G on /off or wifi-symbol appears/disappears)ā€¦ only that the button itself seems unresponsive for a while ā€¦

Vendor: Google
Device: Pixel 4a 5G
Code: bramble
Prior Version: 1.20
Rooted: yes

Had a total lockup today (updated yesterday) which has not happened before in the 3 months Iā€™ve been using this setup. It froze completely during a Jitsi call.

Had to hard power-down and reboot.