Feedback for v1.4

Samsung S7 (SM-G930F)
No obvious issues after ~5 days of daily use so far.
Thank You!

1 Like

Samsung S9+ (SM-G965F)
No obvious issues after daily use so far.

Same for me except the icons auto-reorganization.
Samsung S9+ (SM-G965F) bought from e/OS shop.

The App ā€œRomeoā€ or also known ā€œPlanetromeoā€ (com.planetromeo.android.app) does not work anymore after I installed v1.4. The app vanished, only a grey android is instead the icon. I tried to reinstall it and I get the answer:
INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY: Reconciliation failedā€¦: Reconcile failed: Package com.planetromeo.android.app requires unavailable shared library com.google.android.maps; failing!
I tried to install the microg Version according to this explanation:

But I am not able to get write permissions to the system-folder, even as root. I found only that some operating systems does not allow permissions to some folders.
I hope so much that you can help me I do not want to loose all user data of the app! Thank you!

2 Likes

Updated my FP3 to 1.4-20220922220394 and now Netflix app does not even start (error 500.-172). It worked (except for Chromecast) in previous build 1.2-20220727206630 (but that build broke Netflix games that were working in 1.1-20220628200015).

Can I downgrade to a previous build without losing data? I tried to just switch slots in fastboot mode, but that takes me to a screen asking for a factory reset.

So, related to the update I did not encounter any issues afterwards, but the update-process was a bit strange. I downloaded the update, it started to install, but then it stopped installing and when I navigated back to the system updates section in settings, the settings app froze and crashed. Then I rebooted and the update was already installed ^^

Got a classic FP3 with +camera modules.

1 Like

Im currently on 1.4-rc2 and GPS is not functioning anymore on FP3.

Iā€™d like to revert the update but I dont see anything in the updater anymore.

There is not really enough information to give you a certain answer.

Does my reply to post #25 provide a clue?

I do not know if you have a stable or dev build and ā€˜rcā€™ builds are generally on the testing channel.

It would help anyone who might be able to help more if you were to go to

Settings > About phone >Android version > /e/ OS version

Now if you long press /e/ OS version you can copy to clipboard the build number which may reveal the missing information.

1 Like

Problem I started to face on version 1.0, then on 1.2 and 1.3, is still present on 1.4.
Yesterday afternoon, I had to restart my phone so that I could view a Signal message that was sent to me.
This morning, I had to restart my phone (S9 from /e/ store) so I could receive e-mail messages. Many items that I should have received yesterday finally arrived:

• FairEmail messages;
  • Mail messages;
  • Signal messages (even though cache was emptied after updating to 1.4 and even though Signal App is opted out of Hidemyip);
  • Several App Lounge updates.

Besides this, since upgrading to 1.4, I also have regular error notifications:

Contacts: Erreur de serveur HTTP - HTTP 418 Service unavailable

I suppose my Contact app is not syncing.

This phone have no data plan and is most of the time under stable local wifi network. Hidemyip is set on a random country.

I need to check if disabling/enabling Hidemyip would have the same effect as restarting the phone, but I doubt as Signal is opted out.

This is sometimes referred as Wikipedia to as 418 Iā€™m a teapot (RFC 2324, RFC 7168)

This code was defined in 1998 as one of the traditional IETF April Foolsā€™ jokes, in RFC 2324, Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol, and is not expected to be implemented by actual HTTP servers. The RFC specifies this code should be returned by teapots requested to brew coffee.[51] This HTTP status is used as an Easter egg in some websites, such as Google.comā€™s ā€œIā€™m a teapotā€ easter egg

So the clue from this error is that you are asking for something on that server which is not severed, like coffee from a teapot!

In another thread part of a log was shown showing a mix of http and https
and also there is the possibility that the redirect from https://ecloud.global => https://murena.io is not being handled correctly. See post#5 and also HTTP server error 418?.

2 Likes

After installation of v1.4 everything go well.
Samsung S9 dev android Q

FP3+ update went well so far, but took 5 hours for installation ā€¦

5 hours :flushed:
The download phase or the installation or both ?

1 Like

ā€¦ installation time 5 hours. And yes, screen has been switched off. But I never had such a long time to wait ā€¦

I have found that I cannot just walk away fron an update and expect it will finish successfully.

Edit. I do not use Advanced Privacy, I can quite imagine this would be a blocker, without whitelisting. One can find the formal name for an app at the foot of its page, in Apps and notifications. org.lineageos.updater

A bit sad, but I will fully charge the phone, perhaps overnight, change Settings > Display > Advanced > Screen timeout and change this to the max 30 minutes. I then start the download and make coffee. The phone will wait for me to say go ahead; OK, ā€¦ so the 30 mins starts again now. Once recovery is opened, the job starts, I tend to look in, the TWRP screen may lock, if I open it the job seems to be progressing OK. I cannot quite remember if the reboot is automatic, I think it is, and I expect to see the bouncing e before the end of breakfast!

1.4-r on Samsung S7 edge and no issues found so far.
One note: this is the first upgrade when the download ran uninterrupted from beginning to the end (for previous updates, the download was timing out 20-30 times).

For me the download started and was very slow. I had Advanced Privacy with ā€œHide My IPā€ (HMIP) turned on and could not find the correct App on which to disable HMIP for the duration of the download to speed things up.

Eventually turned off HMIP altogether until the installation completed and the download speed picked up.

Rest of the installation went fine. OnePlus3 1.4-r dev build. Phone has been stable since the installation.

On my Xiaomi MiMIX2 running 1.3 R and ā€œHide my IPā€ deactivated, I downloaded the file within minutes, and installation took the usual 3~4 minutes, all included.

To complet my previous post and give feedback, on Samsung S9 dev android Q with advanced privacy for tracker only, download the update with Wifi ON, took like 2min and launch the installation just after and it took less than 10min (probably even 5min).