Feedback for v1.5

Connection to my bank works again (LCL - french bank)

I can’t change notification settings for AppLounge any more.

Hello,

/e/OS e-1.5.1-s-20221103231515-dev working fine here :

• Vendor Name : OnePlus
  • Device name : OnePlus 6
  • Device CodeName : enchilada
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : None / Stock OOS 11.1.2.2
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not Rooted

I’ll add that I pass SafetyNet (in the MicroG menu and in my bank application) using ih8sn spoofing the OOS 11.1.2.2 props.

Thanks to the /e/OS team ! :slight_smile:

/e/OS 1.5.1-s-20221103231515-dev-FP3

After the “dirty” upgrade I tried to install the Exposure Notifications version of microG according to https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/micro-g#steps-to-install-exposure-notifications-api-on-eos.
Installing it works, but “microG Services Core keeps stopping”.

Clearing cache and data, force-stopping, disabling, reinstalling, rebooting … no change :frowning: .
Settings - System - MicroG can’t be opened.

microG Services Core 0.2.24.223616-271 … without “noen”, so it really is the newly installed EN-enabled one.

1 Like

Hello, I was trying to go from OOS 11 to E-1.5.1s… However my phone wouldnt go past the “your bootloader is unlocked” screen, so I had to restore it… Anyway, I was double checking, you went from OOS 11 to 1.5.1s? Or should I start at OOS 12 and use the lineage recovery/vbmeta ?
I appreciate it

Hi @Sean30n please can you give your current device / version like this [HOWTO] Give complete /e/OS version info easily for support, answers, comparison etc – it will help anyone who can give you useful information.

Right now im on Oneplus 8 VER.2010 , OOS11. Trying to flash e/os 1.5.1s. I got stuck in “unlocked bootloader screen” after flashing the rom. I was wondering if I have to be on OOS12 to flash e/os 1.5.1s

Are you trying to follow these install instructions for this device https://doc.e.foundation/devices/instantnoodle/install where I see IN2010 is a supported model ?

I think that if Oxygen 12 is available it would be a good idea [1] … however

after flashing the rom

So did you already see the boot animation of a bouncing e ?

As a first step did you already try to reboot to system ? Secondly it might be worth asking for a factory reset from Recovery – this will give ‘first boot’ another run. Ensure your battery level is >80% (personal recommendation higher than the usual >60%)

[1] It seems to me that our documentation is undergoing change. Most pages used to include this prerequisite

Caution: Do not install /e/OS on top of a higher version of stock OS. Before installing /e/OS ensure your device has the latest stock OS of the same version as /e/OS. If only lower versions of the stock are available then install the last available lower version before installing /e/OS.

So Ive installed e/os before (android 11 versions) and it worked fine. However I tried to flash 1.5.1s the same way and thats when I got locked out. Yes i followed that set of install instructions, and No i did not see a boot loading image. As soon as the phone starts up (like always on an unlocked bootloader) it shows a screen saying the bootloader is unlocked, normally it will contiue from there to the booting image. However, after flashing e/os1.5.1s it does not move on to the boot image, it says on the Bootloader is Unlocked screen. When I get home I will try installing with OOS12 installed

1 Like

Good, let us know how it worked, I am about to upgrade to eos S 1.5 too with my Oneplus 8. Now I’m on 1.5 r

I have the same problem, see post 173. Good to know that I am not the only one.

EDIT: As a workaround, I have installed Corona Contact Tracing Germany, the CWA fork that has its own microG Exposure Notification implementation, i.e., that works on phones without EN implementation.

1 Like

Having issues after upgrading from 1.3 to 1.5 on FP3

The widgets page no longer renders, and when I press the square (to the right of the home circle) then I get a crash with the following: Trebuchet keeps stopping

Is there an easy way I can revert to 1.3? Under system updates I can see 1.3 listed, but there isn’t any install option that I can find.

Hi @manoj1 welcome to the /e/ forum.

May I ask … are you using an alternative launcher ? If yes there are a few downsides and fixes in follow-on posts in this thread.

One more thing: I think that it is not possible to set a colour scheme/the accent colour on /e/OS S. I remember that this behaviour was already introduced in March with /e/OS R. There is a corresponding GitLab issue.
EDIT: The missing theme functionality (i.e. missing “Material You”) was already pointed out by @ne20002 in post 194.

I thought I had it when I first replied but I had a small bug… Anyway, I got it working, so yes make sure you’re on OOS12 (as updated as you can), I used Oxygen updater and chose Full installation. Because the app is pushing out OOS13 so make sure it says OOS12. once I installed OOS12 I followed a guide on XDA for CherishOS-4.2 by kumar akarsh. I did this since to install e/os 1.5.1 S you need the same files down below (copy_partitions, vbmeta, recovery)

Download copy_partitions, vbmeta, recovery, and rom for your device from here (OOS12 Files – Google Drive)
3. Reboot to bootloader
4. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

• fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
  • fastboot reboot recovery
  1. While in recovery, navigate to Apply update → Apply from ADB
  2. adb sideload copy_partitions.zip
  3. adb sideload rom.zip (replace “rom” with actual filename)
  4. Format data, reboot to system

Hope this helps anyone having issues!

1 Like

Updating my Fairphone 4 from 1.4 to 1.5 (28.10.2029) to 1.5 (02.11.2022) left me with partiallly functioning WIFI.
Some apps like (Signal) do work (have internet connection) while others like FDroid and Fennec and many others does not connect to the internet at the same time.
Simply installing the apk again does not solve the problem.
Only after deinstallation and a fresh installation FDroid and Fennec can access the internet again.

2 Likes

Same here.
Since upgrading to 1.5.1-s (2 Nov 2022) on my FP4 some apps won’t work with wifi (like AntennaPod, Fennec, /e/ Updater) until I reboot the device. After some time they stop working again and I have to reboot.
Plus, private DNS won’t work at all, see my findings at my other post https://community.e.foundation/t/encrypt-your-dns-queries-on-e-os-system-wide/16252/24?u=vic.fontaine

Hello,

Try : https://community.e.foundation/t/on-my-new-e-nord-trebuchet-keeps-stopping-on-the-recent-apps-button/37103/15?u=themajortom

=> Re-associate default launcher resolved the problem

It works for me with my oneplus Nord

2 Likes

Hi
Did anyone manage to copy WhatsApp to a device with /e/OS 1.5.1 S ?

I just updated from 1.4 to 1.5 on FP4 and now my fingerprint scanner stopped working. No messages, it seems to be just not scanning at all.

EDIT: thank you, a reboot fixed it!