Feedback for v1.5

1.5.1-s-20221103231515-dev-crosshatch

An annoying message pops up periodically saying “MicroG has stopped” this happens mostly when i try to make a call. Even though the message is easily dismiss able, this makes me annoyed.

Updated my FP3 two days ago to 1.5q. I dont understand why Im still on q and not r? Also notice a heavy battery drain: before the update my battery lasted two days, now its not even lasting a day. On spotify its not possible anymore to play the next song: I choose a song and after it finishes the player window is gone like I never selected or listened to a song.

In such a case it would be good to find out where the energy is lost. You should have a lot at the apps mentioned in the Accu section in the global Settings app. There’s a 3-dots-menu in the upper right corner which allows to see the apps.

The top apps should then get a cache cleanup which helps in many cases.

(But my statement was for /e/ 1.5 on Android 11.)

After talking to support they suggested to clear the cache of the Account Manager app (I had to turn my language to English to even find it!)

Settings> apps&notifications> see all xxx apps > Account Manager app >
storage & cache> clear storage> OK.

That seems to have worked.

1 Like

Hello, sorry i don’t know how to report bugs/issues and i don’t have many skills in OS Android, but i’m ready to learn and help :slight_smile: sorry if i do the things wrong

Yesterday i’ve installed the new version of /e/ (1.5) on my fp3, and since then I’ve been experiencing a lot of bugs on different things :

• The worst is about the app “trebuchet” (I don’t know how to describe it but its a system app, the one which you can switch between active apps, by the square button or the up swipe), it just says “trebuchet stopped to work” and doesn’t work at all, very painful…
  • App lounge : can’t install or update any apps (I can describe more precisely if u want)
  • there is only the blue theme/style available, is that normal ?
  • there is one other system app which always crashes but I can’t remember its name, seems not to have any influence on my experience

Edit :
I saw that these info could be useful :
I’m running android 11 - 1.5-r-20221028230215-stable-FP3
I might be rooted but I don’t know how to check

Thanks you for your help :pray::pray:

Mostly Trebuchet gives an issue when a user introduces an alternative launcher. Trebuchet is mentioned a number of times in this thread Search results for 'trebuchet topic:44945' - /e/ community – maybe as simple as @raphm 's Post #68.

App Lounge can be negatively affected by Advanced Privacy.

Indeed atm /e/ is limited to “the blue theme/style” only.

1 Like

Payconiq by Bancontact (Belgium most used) is still not working
also in 1.6 not working

The corresponding bug ticket on GitLab was unfortunately closed as WONTFIX.

FP3 user here.

After the upgrade from a buggy 1.4, 1.5 feels very sturdy in comarison!

However, I sometimes have to turn off data, then turn it back on again for it to work. This is true for the browser, for some game inside Facebook Messenger (although not Messenger itself), and to get ads to play in a gacha game (Captain Tsubasa: Dream Team, although the game itself plays fine).

Besides, navigation apps seems to only partially work. Magic Earth fails to offer routing between your position and another place (even places that are close to where you are, i.e. less than 5 km). I’ve installed Google Maps to see if the issue also exists there… which it does.

if the problem is that your location does not show on the map and your telecom provider is Bouygues, look into this Location doesn't work - #13 by cedricoola

Thanks for your reply!

Actually, my provider is Sosh Réunion (as in Sosh, in Reunion Island).

I did install Opentracks (looks like a neat app, by the way), but the issue remained. So, I went back to my privacy settings, only to find out that setting the location setting was stuck in a loop when set to “real location.” I did not notice it before, as I didn’t wait for the small map to load and show where I am.

I rebooted the phone, toggled the location privacy setting between real and fake a bunch of times before it finally showed Reunion Island.

Thanks again. :wink:

1 Like

Argl, I did not notice that this ticket was discarded.
That blue color offers quite a poor contrast when using the dark mode, especially with blue-light filtering activated. Obviously we can live with it, but this will probably puzzle many users.

By the way, I don’t know if this is new (I pay way more attention to everything since the update), but the “time remaining before full charge” estimates seem oddly pessimistic to me. They are nearly always above one hour, even when my FP3+ is at 92% already and “charging rapidly”. :laughing: Additionally, I got the impression that the battery gauge displayed when the phone is off (the new, circular one) tends to get stuck. Like, it was stuck at around 50% for ages, and when I booted up the phone cheerfully said it was actually at 74%. :thinking:

Smartphone: FP3
System before Upgrade: e/OS 1.5-20221031230909, Android 10, 31. Oktober 2022
Upgraded according to installation guide [HOW-TO] Flash /e/-OS on Fairphone 3 using Debian based GNU/Linux.
Upgraded with IMG-e-1.5-r-20221028230215-stable-FP3.zip.
Issue: I do not see the FP3 as external storage in my linux machine any more. When I put the FP3 in the usb-Port of my linux machine it shows “USB-Debugging aktiviert”.
Before the upgrade I saw the FP3 as “Interner Gemeinsamer Speicher”.
So I had to format the SD card as a storage in my FP3 for moving fotos and media and to remove it to copy the saved data to it from my linux machine and to bring it back to my FP3.

Can somebody tell me how to make the FP3 storage readable and writable for my linux machine? Would be really great (alot better than working with an SD card that has to be removed for migration of data).

Is that after you chose “Data transfer” following the USB mode notification you usually should get when you connect the device, or is this USB mode notification (which by default should say that the device is charging) missing now?

1 Like

I do not get a “Data transfer” choice after the USB mode notification, but I didn’t get a “Data transfer” choice with Android 10 and there the FP3 was shown as external storage as soon as I activated the phone with the password.
Notice: In contrary to the upgrade to Android 10 I did not relock the system this time.

In this case you could check Settings - System - Advanced - Developer options - Default USB configuration.

1 Like

Bingo! I tried to document the settings before the upgrade but forgot to have a look at the Default USB configuration :frowning:
Problem in front of the desk!
German saying: As soon as you do it right, it works :grin:
Sorry.

3 Likes

Oh, I forgot to mention the alarm. My phone remains silent no matter what I do, due to enabling “Do not disturb mode” before I go to bed. Even setting it to auto disable before my alarm triggers doesn’t work. (phone = FP3)

Can’t you configure Do Not Disturb to be interrupted by the alarm in its settings, e.g. by long-pressing the corresponding icon in the quick settings?

1 Like

Seconded. You can exempt alarms from being silenced by Do not disturb.

In the Do not disturb settings you can also configure sleeping hours or other time schedules for which Do not disturb should be activated automatically.