Feedback for v1.6

I noticed one thing but I don’t know if it was the same in 1.51 and/or if it’s FP4-related. On my old phone, I had enabled “System > Gestures > Tap to check phone” which allows me to view lockscreen content by tapping the screen, without using the power button.

In 1.6-s the option only shows when I use the settings search bar, but then when I go to the corresponding section the option is not there to be enabled. According to the search there are two locations, “System > Gestures” and “Display > Lock screen” but neither shows the “Tap” option. Is there any reason why this is not available on /e/OS?

I just downloaded v.1.6 (e-1.6-r-20221202239576) and have faced an annoying issue :

BlissLauncher is crashing indefinitely at start so I can’t access many apps.

Details :

Device : Redmi Note 8T
Device CodeName : ginkgo
I had v.1.5r-20221030230467-dev-ginkgo before.

• Vendor Name : Oneplus
  • Device name : Oneplus 8T
  • Device CodeName : kebab
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : e-1.5.1-s-20221103231515-dev-kebab → flash to OxygenOS 12 to get the latest Anfroid 12 framework → Flash to e-1.6-s
  • Is the device : Not rooted

All seems work fine except battery which drains quickly compared to e-1.5-r. I already raised an issue on Gitlab.

Perhaps try to Clear data from Bliss and Trebuchet.

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > Bliss Launcher > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache

In the case of Bliss, Clear storage will reset all icons to default presets.

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > 3 dot menu top right > Show system > Trebuchet > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache

2 Likes

I don’t see a change sadly

What install method did you use ?

You might consider changing your Launcher.

1 Like
Screen usage is BACK in my Battery usage overview

:+1:

This was so helpful, thank you !

1 Like

Do it wiith the terminal on your computer.

Went smoothly on my TeraCube 2E Emerald devices.

Update did NOT work for me on Pixel 5

• Vendor Name : Google
  • Device name : Pixel 5
  • Device CodeName : redfin
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : e/OS/1.5.1-s-20221103231515-dev-redfin
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Rooted

Tried to install 1.6s from the updater, can download, when I click on Install, it shows “preparing for first boot” for less than a second and back to “install”. Install error message is shown in the notifications.

Using adb, all the steps to upgrade happened correctly, recovery is updated to 1.6, however when I reboot after the installation, the version remain 1.5.1.
https://doc.e.foundation/devices/redfin/install

What can I do next ?

EDIT : Solved, see replies

I guess the system app “Dynamic System Updates” does the updating. You might want to empty its cache and storage in Settings > Apps > All apps > System Apps > Dynamic System Updates > Storage and cache and give it a new try afterwards.

Thanks, just tried, no difference.

1 Like

Do both the Updater (app) and Settings > About phone > /e/OS version show the version as 1.5.1?

Same here. Still 1.5.1-s on my FP4

3 Likes

for me, it does. 1.5.1-s on the both sides

Yes, for both. 1.5.1

1 Like

Issue opened here:

1 Like

Same here unfortunately :slight_smile:

Where did you get it? On my Teracube 2e Emerald, update 1.6r stable is not available yet. Manual download is not available too. Only 1.6r dev.

1 Like