Feedback for v1.7

As a semi alternative, if you have F-Droid, add the IzzyOnDroid repo to it. It essentially offers the github builds. This is how I obtain and update FairEmail on various ROMs.

2 Likes

Another thought - just checked in Camera app settings and under ‘More camera controls’ I have ‘Show camera when locked’ checked. Maybe that’s got turned off somehow?

2 Likes

OnePlus 6t A6013 fajita
/e/ OS version 1.7-s-20230111250406-dev-fajita
Not rooted

Quite Stable
When starting, sometimes entering PIN Code does not work (stays on PIN Code screen and entering PIN Code again brings nothing). Workarounf → Restart.
Issue happens around 20% of restarts.

Aha! Yes. Thank you, it’s working now. :slight_smile:

Getting there, slowly. Just the bit about the file browsers to figure out now…

1 Like

Since update to /e/ 1.7 on my Samsung Galaxy A5 (a5y17lte), application “Message” (SMS) opens, but immediately crash and close when I select a message.
I tested to clean app cache, erase app data, and restart the phone, without success.
I used Message app for SMS perfectly on /e/ 1.6.

1 Like

Xiaomi Mi 9T (davinci)
/e/ Recovery V1.7 and cameras faulty

This is my second feedback as I have gone from eOS r to s:

Google
Pixel 4a5g
Bramble
previous version 1.7-r
not rooted
updated to 1.7-s

Stable

Faiphone 3+
Updated from 1.6 to 1.7-202300110250404
Not rooted

Sadly have to report same bugs as some before:

• SMS crash when accessed through lock-screen preview (already the case in 1.6 - was hoping the update would solve this)
  • Bank app not working as Overlaying app detected
  • Bliss launcher crashes when using the “homescreen” round/middle button shortcut. When using the left “back” arrow, to get to home screen it starts flashing for 5-10 seconds then crashes

Any chance for a quick bug fix on the above? This is making /e/OS very though to use…

Thanks a lot!

Try clearing cache and storage for the ‘Trebuchet’ app. Settings | Apps | Show all | Show system

Thanks for your response!

Assuming you mean try clearing the cache & storage for the BlissLauncher?

I don’t have Trebuchet showing up in App info.

Tried clearing the cache of BlissLauncher already, was not a fix. Can push it as far as clearing storage if you think that might help?

No, I mean Trebuchet. It is installed as a system app (though you can’t use it as a launcher / home screen app - that’s a different bug :slight_smile: ).

In Settings | Apps | Show all apps, you need to clock on the “three dots” menu and choose ‘Show system’. Then either scroll down to Trebuchet, or use the search box

Thanks for the clarification :wink:

I just did as you suggested (clear data&cache for Trebuchet), but getting the same crash.

In Bliss … so you could go on to do this. It will have the effect of reorganising all your apps layout to the Bliss default on the home screen.

It is also significant that Bliss should Open by default in Apps and notifications.

That is to say that Apps and notifications > Default apps shows Bliss as the default Home screen

1 Like

Vendor Name: Fairphone

Device name: Fairphone 3

Device CodeName: FP3

Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/ OS 1.6 (stable version, Android 11)

Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not rooted

Problem: GPS localization fails (except within Here WeGo app).
• Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
• Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location modules - Mozilla Location Service: enabled, configured for using Wi-Fi and Cell
• Settings - Advanced Privacy - Location: Exposed
• Settings - Advanced Privacy - Manage my location: Use my real location
• Settings - Location - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
• Settings - Location - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
• Settings - Location - App permission - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed

(setting descriptions copied from AnotherElk , I hope you don’t mind, AnotherElk)

1 Like

Vendor Name: Google
Device name: Pixel 4a
Device CodeName: sunfish
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.6 r stable
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Did not notice any issue so far.

Device name: Fairphone 3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.6-s-20221201239247-dev-FP3

No issue with updating, now on 1.7-s-20230111250406-dev-FP3.
The following things work for me:

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via mobile network
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - microG - Location modules - Mozilla Location Service: enabled, configured for using Wi-Fi and Cell
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App location permissions - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (original FP3 Camera module, not +) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (original FP3 Top module, not +) photo + video
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.0
    (nightly 27.01.2023 - for sync with Betterbird instead of Thunderbird)
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)
  • Exposure Notifications
    • Needed to be installed again according to documentation
    • Needed permissions again according to system notification and respective message in Settings - System - microG - Exposure Notifications
4 Likes

Surprisingly deleting Bliss launcher data seemed to do the trick (only for the crashing bug reported) - two other issues still present.

Thanks a lot for helping troubleshoot - much more useable now!

1 Like

Device name: Fairphone 2
Device CodeName: FP2
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.6-q-20221204240086-dev-FP2

No issue with updating, now on 1.7-q-20230112251029-dev-FP2.
The following things work for me:

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via mobile network
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location modules - Mozilla Location Service: enabled, configured for using Wi-Fi and Cell
    • Settings - Location - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App permission - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (Camera module 12 MP version 2) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (Top module version 2) photo + video
    (Camera records completely black video from the moment surrounding light is too dark or changes into too dark when moving … years old issue I already had with Open Camera on LineageOS, can live with it.)
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.0
    (nightly 27.01.2023 - for sync with Betterbird instead of Thunderbird)
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)
3 Likes

I gave this hint to others but did not check it for my own phone :expressionless:
now I find that after update APs functions “tracker blocker” and “fake my location” were ON whereas they were OFF before update.
Not a big thing but can be quite confusing, so in my opinion an update should avoid changing essential settings.

1 Like

I’ve started to see something unusual since upgrading to v1.7, though I have no idea if it’s connected to that upgrade or not.

Sometimes, on waking, black vertical lines are drawn about 40% from the left side of the screen.

Affter a few seconds, some of them disappear. Often one line remains for some time, though eventually it too may disappear (but also sometimes not).

This does not appear to be a problem with my device’s screen, since the lines can disappear on their own.

Is this any kind of known problem with e/Lineage of this version, perhaps running on particular devices such as my xz2c?