Feedback for v1.7

i know i have too :wink:

I’ve a FP4 and the OTA shows up this morning. Just to be sure before doing the update : should I make a backup of my data (pictures and texts messages) ?

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: Samsung S7 SM-G930F
Device CodeName: herolte
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.6
Version installed now : 1.7-q-20230110250405-stable-herolte
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

• Echo in normal calls, worse in loud speaker.
  • Some app (Izly) disappeared since 1.4
  • BUG in alarm display. When I set the alarm it says : “next alarm scheduled in and .”. It misses the number of hour and min.

For Teracube users, anyone notice the UX seems to be getting better with each update?
The device is quite laggy so I always toggle on the Disable HW Overlays in Developer Options.
In the past two or three updates it’s been better. With 1.7 its feeling much smoother. No need for the setting just yet.

My phone is a Motorola 5G Ace, model xt2113-2, codename Kiev.

Briar, a secure, P2P messaging app is detecting a screen overlay as I use the program. I have gone through the apps, even system apps and have turned off overlay permissions for just about everything except, of course, the system interface which cannot be touched. I can’t determine what’s doing the screen overlay.

This only began happening after the latest update. I fear that I may have to regress to the earlier build to resolve this issue which means using Motorola software to put the standard OS back on the phone, then reinstalling the earlier build and restoring my phone apps and data - a long and not always successful process.

Interesting, as a similar issue was mentioned earlier in this thread whereas previous build had no such problem. :thinking:

Motorola G7+
Revvlry+

After upgrade to 1.7, Bliss crashes every few seconds.

I’ve installed a different launcher so i can use the phone.

Yeah, I saw that. I am curious about what changed to cause that. I’m also interested in the fix as I have no desire to revert and rebuild.

Oups.

Here it is : 1.7-q-20230110250405-stable-herolte

1 Like

Smooth OTA upgrade from 1.6-s to 1.7-s on FP4 - many thanks to all developers.

OnePlus Nord “avicii”
Android 11
/e/ OS version 1.7-20230110250404

When visiting websites which want to use the camera and microphone (e.g. jitsi meet) I allow the permission but then a message appears which says “This site can’t ask for your permission. Close any bubbles or overlays from other apps then try again.” It gives the option to try again or cancel. Selecting either option sends me back to the request and rounds in circles we go.

It just started working on the supplied browser. I don’t know what changed. Brave browser still not working.

herolte and SM-G930F is S7 rather than S8

1 Like

Samsung S7 SM-G930F
purchased in /e/-shop
not rooted
just updated from 1.6-q-20221129238948-stable-herolte
to
1.7-q-20230110250405-stable-herolte

works fine from what I can tell so far, haven’t tested everything yet :slight_smile:

Thank You!

I have an FP4 and never did a copy before OTA: as far as I know, update doesn’t overwrite user data.

The update does NOT overwrite user data but I always make a backup of my applications using the Migrate app, just in case the update breaks the phone somehow and I have to restore the original OS or do a factory reset which WILL overwrite user data.

The v1.7 rollout would be completed later today. Let me know in this thread, if any device is having issues after the v1.7 update. Looking for booting or regression issues.

For me Brave browser works fine.

For me it cycles between these…