Feedback for v1.7

Update:

The response received to the issue I raised on Gitlab is that the intention is to rectify issues arising from the changes made in v1.7 to App Lounge.

The response also confirms that these changes affect already installed apps as well as new installations - currently you will not be able to update the Play store version of an app if it is also present on F-droid without first uninstalling it and then installing the F-droid version. This may result in reduced functionality when the two versions have different features.

There seems to be a 1.7.1 build for FP3, but I don’t find any communication about it on the forum. Does anyone know about it?

I am also curious what the reason for this “hotfix” is. As far as I see, there is no information for now.

Only for R stable so far, it seems.

https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP3/
https://images.ecloud.global/dev/FP3/

Maybe @Manoj can answer that question?

Hello,

I noticed some bugs when using two sim cards:

Call reception

• The predefined colors on each card do not work well when a call is received (background color)
    Example: Sim 1: red and sim 2: blue = call sim 1 red call sim 2 red. which complicates the visual on the origin of the calls.

Voicemail

• The display of the two voicemail boxes at the same time is impossible, we first see sim 0 then sim 1, but the display of sim 0 disappears

• Impossible to delete a message with both voicemails activated when it works when there is only one

• When there are two messaging systems to activate and one is deactivated, the messaging tab disappears while there is still one active. have to deactivate both then reactivate one.

I created a ticket, but they told me to file a bug report and I don’t have much time, I made video captures and am ready to share them with a developer if interested.

Oneplus nord V1.7-20230110250404
Sim 1 = orange
Sim 2 = bouygues

Not speaking English I use a translator, cordially

• Vendor Name fairphone
  • Device name Fairphone 3
  • Device CodeName fp3
  • Version of /eos e/os/1.7-20230110250404
  • Not rooted

I am experiencing extreme battery drain with my fp3 (battery down in a few hours) and it now takes longer to restart.

2 Likes

Let me check about this and get back.

We had a complaint from some FP3 users that they were unable to boot after the update. This update was specifically to address that issue.
There is a document addressing this issue - specific to FP3 post v1.6

1 Like

The document doesn’t explain why there’s a 1.7.1-r build, as the fix “after v1.6 update” explained there wasn’t involving 1.7.1-r initially. 1.7.1-r is in the downloadable ZIP file there right now, but the text still references the earlier 1.7-r build as the fix instead.

So the question would now be whether the 1.7.1-r build is really connected to this issue. Was it made because the earlier 1.7-r build wasn’t sufficient as a fix for this issue?

Corrected the statement in my post to 1.6

1 Like

Update from the team:
No it fixes only the recovery issue that users encountered after the upgrade from /e/OS below 1.3-q to 1.Y-r. Now users can only perform the upgrade from 1.4-q to 1.Y-r. (where Y can be 5,6, 7…)

Anything regarding the “Overlaying app detected” issue on the FP3 with some banking apps?
Should an issue be raised on gitlab directly, or what is the best way to proceed?

1 Like

Today I discovered this “Overlaying app-problem” while operating the German comdirect-APP. Disallowing all overlaying-grants doesn’t help to fix the problem! Help urgently wanted!

EDIT: I opened an issue https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/6628

3 Likes
  • Vendor Name fairphone
  • Device name Fairphone 4
  • Device CodeName fp4
  • Version of /eos e/os/1.7-s-20230110250403-stable-fp4
  • rooted

Update itself worked flawlessly.
What I encountered was that images taken in HDR mode had a strange color effect (without any filter being set). Deleting camera data reverted this to normal.
What changed is that the lens is now shown as text - much better as there is now less confusion with the button to change front/back camera.

Still in camera app tapping lens will first change to wide lens, then to a 3rd lens (that does not exists, so an error is thrown). This behaviour has not changed.
Also unchanged is the speed of the autofocus: extremely slow. Taking pictures might take seconds (or does not start at all if the object is moving). That is quite annoying.

Overall the update did not change anything notably to the worse and it is a joy to work with /e/os. Also battery life is extremely good (though I have no real life comparison with my fp4).

Best regards
Thomas

1 Like
  • Vendor Name fairphone
  • Device name Fairphone 4
  • Device CodeName fp4
  • Version of /eos e/os/1.7-s-20230110250403-stable-fp4
  • Not rooted

Everything works well. Did not notice any new bug.
Still not able to rotate and save pictures that are stored on the SD card with the native gallery app, but this is a minor bug as I can do it right with “simple gallery app”.

Thank you to the whole team for their valuable work!

1 Like

Thanks for raising the issue @frank.bxl. Have passed the detail to the development team.

1 Like

FP3+, Andro 11
Noticed no new issue so far.
Persisting issues from 1.6:

• 20–33% of boots are strangely long (Feedback for v1.6 - #125 by alice_m).
  • When charging while the phone is turned off, the circular charge-level gauge eternally remains at the same level, not reflecting the actual charge level you’ll see when booting up. I hope it’s just a display issue and not something that could set the battery on fire by overcharging it, haha.
Vendor Name: Sony

Device name: Experia XA2 Ultra

Device CodeName: discovery (H3213)

Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously:
1.6-s-20221201239247-dev-discovery

Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Rooted
  • Turned my device on today, OTA update notification arrived. Performed update which seemed to go well at first but on reboot I got stuck on the recovery screen (which did show v1.7). Tried setting bootslot to ‘a’ with fastboot (was on ‘b’) and reboot - performed the update again, same result.

• Did a full install (from Pop OS and following the install guide, which I think is very clear and simple to follow), and succeeded in booting 1.7-s-20230111250406-dev-discovery.

• Will have to reinstall all apps and test.

My current experience (with 1.6) is: I really like that I can see and block trackers per app (such as my banking app that uses Google Analytics). Privacy mode does seem to slow down browsing, but it seems the battery lasts forever :).