Feedback for v1.9

apparently my previous message did not meet the twenty character threshhold. the suggestion by MaMaTT88 solved my problem. thanks.

2 Likes

Vendor: Samsung
Device: S9+
Device codename: SM-G965F
Previous version: 1.8.1
Device is not rooted, bought at e.foundation

Everthing works fine.
Thank you!

Hi

Vendor: OnePlus
Device: Nord
Device codename: AVICII
Previous version: 1.8.1 (not sure)
Device is rooted

The upgrade was successful.
Boot OK, everything seems to work ā€¦ except the fingerprint scanner.
It doesnā€™t ask for fingerprint at screen unlock or other apps like bank apps, bitwarden, ā€¦

I still can see my 5 fingerprints in settings.
I tried to delete the 1st one but it stays greyed.
And if I quit and go back, itā€™s still present.

EDIT : itā€™s fixed after a power off / power on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fairphone 2 / FP2 / not rooted
Update 1.9-20230312268580 / Android 11 / R
Default Camera App no longer working: After start goes black and to background
Open Camera works nicely
fyi only, no help needed

Tap on the round arrow in the upper right corner of the system update screen. Sometimes it comes not by itself, you must trigger that and then itā€™s there.

I searched before posting and did not find a category for issues with the latest upgrade so I post here.
Did not have this issue with 1.8 and the phone is a Murena One and have not many apps on it but the one Protonmail when composing or replying to an email the spell checker will change what I typed in the email e.g. Ken gets changed to Men and this occurs with multiple names.

I went into Settings/System/Language and input/Advanced/Spell checker and turned it OFF and this still occurs making it very annoying. Even rebooted the system but that had no change. Contacted Protonmail Support last evening and was advised the issue is with the Android System since they have no spell checker with their product.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

In Android the keyboard still has its own settings, since itā€™s an App you could replace with a different one. Please additionally check Settings - System - Languages and input - On-screen keyboard - Android Keyboard (AOSP) - Text correction.

I did as you suggested and checked the keyboard settings and that did resolve my issue with composing and replying to messages with protonmail app!

Thank you for your sincere reply.

No, I just meant the keyboard App has its own settings because itā€™s an App you can replace with a different one. Androidā€™s overall success is largely based on customisability, sometimes you pay a little price for this.

Thank you for your suggestion AnotherElk. It resolved my issue! Being new to Android, after twenty years with Apple, I am amazed as you stated the customisability this system has. Could you recommend a book for newcomers to Android?

Most Appreciative.

1 Like

Where has this option gone for controlling the processorā€™s speed? Donā€™t know the correct word in English. Wasnā€™t this among the Accu settings?

I know there are books, but I donā€™t know whether they are any good. I donā€™t even know how those books go about covering this.
The more detail they would go into, the more they would risk not fitting what users have in their hands and see on the screen, because it can be totally different and still Android. And this is even without the next major Android version coming around and changing things.

Most of what I know I got from searching the internet for my questions and from reading in forums just as this one here.

It was, and it was called Performance profile. Seems gone for now in Android 12 (or before, I didnā€™t have a look for a long time). I donā€™t find a reference quickly as to why.

1 Like

Good reply. Thanks again.

I found Performance profile in both Android 10 and 11 on my devices ā€“ if that is what you meant.

1 Like

Yes, but now itā€™s gone. Hope that thereā€™s an intelligent management builtin now instead of running just full speed all the time. This had an enormous influence on my accu usage.

Yes, I see.
Wasting space and forcing others to continue same.

1 Like

After two days I am at some 1,5% battery usage per hour - still awaiting an average.
Only those stalactites are a mystery to me:

Hi Gianna,

I have Lenovo Tab 10 and wonder how you installed e?
Can you please direct me to any howto?

Cheers,
Tore

Taking into account ā€¦

ā€¦ Iā€™d say ā€¦

https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/understand-and-use-gsi.html

https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/install-GSI