Feedback for v1.9

• Vendor Name : Fairphone
  • Device name : Fairphone 3+
  • Device CodeName : FP3
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : /e/OS 1.8.1 R
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not rooted

Unfortunately, the battery drain has not been fixed in 1.9 S.

While microG was listed as the most battery consuming component in 1.8.1 R, it is still overtaken by the mobile network in 1.9 S. The plausible display only follows in 3rd place, with all real apps far behind.

I agree with the users who have complained about some of the UI changes in Android 12. I also think that in many places the fonts are too big and too much white space wastes space, for example in the settings (see screenshot above) as well as the huge brightness slider and tiles in the status bar.

I’m also bothered by the location access indicator pill in the status bar that flashes every time an app uses the location service. It feels like WeatherOnline retrieves the location every minute (1st blink), whereupon the GSM location service responds only seconds later (2nd blink).
It would be nice to be able to disable the flashing indicator pill.
As a test, I have removed background location access from the WeatherOnline app and reduced it to the duration of active use. Let’s see, maybe this will also reduce the energy consumption of microG.

Did it yesterday.

What I see at first sight is: slow. Some apps need now several seconds to load they didn’t need before. I cleared already all app caches but the behavior remains. Slow.

Android 12: The changes to the pull-down button bar at the top are ugly, completely superfluous and even unlogic (the square button at the bottom is visible but doesn’t work as expected). What I ask myself is: why must one of the must used GUI parts of the OS be changed again and again? For what???

1 Like

Confirmation of the battery drain with no app running nor wifi/bluetooth activated.

Just found out what has happened. Notes was the applet bottom right of first screen. Somehow magically got moved to last screen!

1 Like

Yes, same for me : for some reason, it’s like it has been uninstalled and reinstalled ; may be the app version change includes also some kind of app id / name change to some extent ?

I vaguely remember that in my case, the moved app was in the same page 2 position :+1:

If I try to open an old note I am still getting BlissLauncher crashed! Perhaps a change from BlissLauncher is needed in future?

For everyone here who is not happy with the big Android 12 UI elements and other changes. This has nothing to do with /e/ nor the Bliss launcher and is just part of Google’s the new design system called Material 3.

3 Likes

Yes, of course, that’s why I prefixed this paragraph with “Android 12:”. Damned crap.

3 Likes

Samsung
Galaxy S7
SM-G930F
Version 1.8.1 Q Stable-herolte
Not rooted
Hello
Thanks again to the dev for the work done.
I just upgraded from version 1.8 to 1.9 without problem.
Except that the “Notes” application that I used without problem with a different account than my moncompte@e.email is no longer connected. I tried to log back into my Zaclys account, choosing “add account” and it answers: You can only set up one ecloud account on your device.
Indeed if I choose the option moncompte@e.email it connects well.
So I can no longer find my notes on my phone.
Do you have a solution?
Thank you

Bonjour,
Encore merci au dev pour le travail effectué.
Je viens de passer Ă  de la version 1.8 Ă  1.9 sans problĂšme.
Sauf que l’application “Notes” que j’utilisais sans problĂšme avec un compte diffĂ©rent que mon moncompte@e.email n’est plus connectĂ©e. J’ai essayĂ© de me reconnecter sur mon compte Zaclys, en choisissant “ajouter un compte” et cela me rĂ©pond : Vous ne pouvez configurer qu’un seul compte ecloud sur votre appareil.
Effectivement si je choisi l’option moncompte@e.email cela se connecte bien.
Je n’ai donc plus la possibilitĂ© de retrouver mes notes sur mon tĂ©lĂ©phone.
Avez-vous une solution ?
Merci
Claude

Re bonjour

I answer myself, I installed the Nexcloud app and Nexcloud Note to overcome the problem. Then I still did a test with “Notes” and there when I chose another account it offered me the nextcloud account.
I was able to log in and now everything is good, I have found my notes!

Have a nice day

je me rĂ©ponds, j’ai installĂ© l’appli Nexcloud et nexcloud note pour palier au problĂšme. Puis j’ai tout de mĂȘme refait un test avec “Notes” et lĂ  lorsque j’ai choisi autre compte cela m’a proposĂ© le compte nextcloud.
J’ai pu me connecter et maintenant tout est bon, j’ai retrouvĂ© mes notes !

Bonne journée
Claude

1 Like
Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : Fairphone 3+
Device CodeName : FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : /e/ OS 1.8.1 R
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Non rooted

All seems to be working allright. But there is a problem with the fingerprintreader. It doesn't work anymore.

Solved after a reboot!!

After I updated my FP3+, I started to add/remove some of the widgets on my home screen and since then Bliss Launcher has been constantly crashing every few seconds.

I tried removing the cache as well as storage for Bliss, but nothing helped, so I somehow managed to install a few other launchers and am currently defaulting to Simple Launcher.

Other than that, it’s been great! (And it was fine before I started playing with the home screen too)

Also thanks for fixing the Gallery app in 1.9.

I upgraded to v1.9 and my problem is the constant Advanced Privacy icon on the status bar along with the message that cannot be dismissed. It was not there with v1.8.
I have a Teracube 2e
with /e/OS version: 1.9-r-20230310268291-stable-emerald

A long press on the notification allows you to dismiss it

1 Like

Already did that in the morning. Sadly no change in battery usage
 Today the same problem. I came home from work, used the phone for 1.5 hours (the whole day) and had 5% (!) left.

Hi there, I’m on 1.8.1 R on a Oneplus 8 Pro - the update for 1.9 does not show up in the system upgrade app - any advice? cheers

stable or dev? There might not be a 1.9-r-dev build yet for the 8 Pro 
 https://images.ecloud.global/dev/instantnoodlep/

Else 
 you could try to refresh the updater a few times.

1 Like

Same here with my gf FP3+. Good to know that you managed to open an issue for this Notes problem. Other than that, thanks to the team for the upgrade!

Vendor: Fairphone
Device: Fairphone 3
Device codename: FP3
Previous version: 1.8.1
Device is not rooted

Everthing works fine.