Feedback for v2.4

Video Created

I shared my phone’s details below but before that, I wanted to share a comparison video between LineageOS and /e/OS on my Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact. To my surprise, /e/OS performs BETTER than Android 10 (LOS) and Android 14 (LOS).

Vendor Name: Sony
Device Name: Xperia XZ2 Compact
Device CodeName: Apollo (PF32)
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: (Actually no previous /e/OS version)
Device Not Rooted

Everything has been running smoothly: Maps, Yahoo Mail, Dropbox, Calendar and other applications.

Vendor Name: Gigaset
Device Name: GS290
Code Name:
Version of /e/OS which existed: 2.3-s
Current Version of /e/OS: 2.4-s
Device Rooted: No

No issues detected yet.
Thank you very much.

Vendor Name : Google
Device name : Pixel 6a
Device CodeName : bluejay
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 2.3-T-dev
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not rooted

No problems detected. Update went smooth and device works without problems after 1 week of use. Thanks!

Vendor Name : Samsung
Device name : S7
Device CodeName : SM-G930F
Version of /e/OS before update : 2.3-s-20240816426374-stable-herolte
Is the device Rooted : Not rooted

I was not able to update to v2.4: the download goes well, then the phone restart to install the new version but stop with an error :

E:Signature verification failed
E:error: 21

I tried 3 times, and I get 3 times the same problem. Now the new version don’t appear anymore on the update page :

I skipped several updates due to not having enough time to perform an update. I was finally able to update first to /e/OS T 2.3 on October 1 and to /e/OS T 2.4 yesterday (October 2). The updates were performed via OTA.
My first impression is positive, I have not experienced any downsides as of yet. :slight_smile:

• the present “e-2.3-s” was obtained by recovery-mode with a hidden update-package. (same issue as in “e-2.2-s”).
    The update-manager cannot verify availability of a new version of e/OS (on 2.2 and on 2.3) see next photo :

• It appears that IMG-e-2.4-s-202409…-official-GS290.zip
    is ready, as in official/GS290/, but IMG is for installation, not update. So, where is the update package for e-2.4-s, and what is its sha256sum?

• could an hazardous option on the e/os-parameters of the GS290 prevent the update-manager to work properly ?

• personnal email-adress is rejected by gitlab for inscription.

thank you for your attention. brieucs.

1 Like

Fairphone 5

Got notification about available update: /e/OS 2.4
Apply update - button leads to "“the download failed. please check your internet connection…”

Internet connection is fine. Tried with both mobile data and wifi. And with - have you tried put it on and off again.

1 Like

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : FP3
Version of /e/OS : 2.3-t-20240816426372-stable-FP3
Rooted / Not rooted : not rooted

The download fails, despite an existing Internet connection. Restarting does not solve the problem.

Yes on my Fairphone 4 bought from Murena i have the same error.

1 Like

Same issue on FP4 stable

Got notification about available update: /e/OS 2.4
Apply update - button leads to "“the download failed. please check your internet connection…”
If I go through /e/OS stable FP4 download on a web browser and click on IMG-e-2.4-t-20240924436695-official-FP4.zip then I have an error message “403 Forbidden - nginx/1.27.0”

Will try later.

Thank you!

1 Like

Same here on my FP4. Restard did not help and I am sure I am connected

yes, same as here

Yes same problem here, cannot get the new update to my FP4.

EDIT Update now installing!

pdate became available this morning. Even though Im connected to my home wifi the download fails immedietly after pressing resume. Iv tried restarting the phpne. I have a FP5.

Same problem here with FP5
check your internet connection…

If you check the website at
https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP5/

it is not possible to download the version 2.4 BUT
the version 2.3 is ok to download…

403 Forbidden
nginx/1.27.0

Regards
Fritz

1 Like

Good morning
Not possible to install it for me. Still getting a “download failed, no connection” message. I tried 4G and wifi, the result is the same.

I tried deleting the files and starting again = still the same.
Restarting the phone = still the same.
I copied the URL to download it manually = the URL sends me to a “Not Found” page.

FairPhone 3
e/OS 2.3 stable.

Same on Murena 2

Also: If i try to download the .zip (from: v2.4-s · e / os / 🚀 Releases · GitLab) file and start a local update, it fails to import the .zip-file.

2 Likes

Just see here:

2 Likes

for me it is still the same than other, not possible to download because of internet connection problem (but internet is working fine). So it seems to be not solved yet…

• Fairphone
  • FP3
  • FP3
  • previous version:2.3 t stable
  • Not rooted
    I got the download OTA an hour ago. Very slow.
    Update worked fine after that.
    All is working smoothly.
    Thanks to the team!
1 Like