Feedback for v2.4

It started with 196ko/s :slightly_frowning_face:
Wait, Wait, Wait ā€¦:zzz:

remaining time : 7h, 51.39 ko/s !!!

I think the error is back :sob:

Last day of the announced staggered release, and the OTA download stalls before even reaching 1%. Regular attempts during 7h, including after a reboot. Fiber connection, in France. All previous updates went in <<1h.

Presently I cannot connect to the update url. https://ota.ecloud.global/ seems to be offline.

Vendor Name - Google
*Device name - Pixel 5
*Device CodeName - Redfin
*Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 2.3
*Is the device Rooted / Not Rooted - Not Rooted

Everything seems fine with this update to 2.4. No issues so far

lucky !
here, the update url. https://ota.ecloud.global/ seems to be offline.

OK server is online right now. Updating in progress :slight_smile:

mouaisā€¦ 228ko/s. Pas ouf.

FairPhone 4 : Everything OK

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (galaxy gta4xl), same problems as before, since 2.0.

• Uncentered home screen and dockā€™s icons
  • flickerings when setting another launcher as default (Lawnchair 14)

Stucks to 52% and have to restart regularly. First time experiencing such difficulty for updating.

Vendor Name Fairphone
Device name FP5
Device CodeName FP5
Version of /e/OS previously: 2.3-t
Device is not rooted

Update has worked...  :+1:

Reading some of the comments from users who have errors relating to slow download speeds or failed downloads. I just wanted to say that I have experienced this in the past.

My solution was to cancel the update and continue using the device with the existing version for a week or two, then try the update again once the gremlins had worked their way out of the system. It can be many things that cause bottlenecks, several of these may be out of the control of the development team. Details of any technical errors are helpful if the devs can fix them, so it improves all users experience.

I would say if you are having slow speeds or no connectivity, it might be wise to leave it a day or two and try again when the servers are less congested.

2 Likes

Or maybe they should resolve the issue. 32% of the respondents say they cant update. And most of the ones updating now re the customers who actually PAID for a device from Murena.

1 Like

It started to work again for about 30 minutes on FP4, than again the whole process stopped at 79%. Still pending yet. (No internet connection error) Better is to try later.

I guess we are to many users on the same time getting the servers busy, just like creating a traffic jam on the roadā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

I hope the Crowdcube funding will help having best servers.

I hear you but perhaps the issue might have less to do with software and code and more to do with web hosting.

Eg If AWS goes down because of issues related to natural disasters/starlink is down due to geopolitical tensions, what then can the folks at e foundation do to resolve the issue in any timely fashion?

I am just trying to provide my own perspective that I hope in some way might illuminate the complexities involved

1 Like
  • Fairphone
  • FP3+
  • Not rooted

Finally upgrade finished :melting_face:
Everything seems to work fine.

Agreedā€¦ but I feel itā€™s a little deeper than that.

I purchased a Fairphone 4 from Murena when they became available in the US. That device came with warranty and support included, and for which I paid money for. Recently, even support has started to decline from itā€™s lethargic state of existance of a year ago. Now, instead of giving you an answer, even watered-down, they just ask me to go log a bug in git. Itā€™s decliningā€¦,

Now, if I was one of the bazillion using something I found in a shoebox, and loaded /e/os on it, I would completely understand. But when I read the forums, just to see what people are experiencing, sure seems to be quite a bucketload who paid Murena, and then kinda feel abandoned on some things.

Anyway, I did finally get my downloaded 2.4 and installed.

1 Like

Agreed, there is not the level of maturity in e-os as in standard android and not all is fine and perfectā€¦
But i am still grateful to have a choice here and am well willing to pay the extra buck and wait the extra days to have a choice and support murena!
Heck, if i remember that correct, even UPS charged me more for delivery than murena got over the FP4ā€™s original price ā€¦ which bothered me more ā€¦ aside of that i think its absolutely amazing what this team + friends over at LineageOS put together each month and make ready for us.
ā€¦ just my 2cents ?

5 Likes