Feedback for v2.4

11 Oct Update

v2.4 release builds may not be available for download. Due to the outage we faced we have released a new build v2.4.1 . You are requested to download the v2.4.1

Release Information

Please share feedback on v2.4 build for your device and let us know how it is working with applications that you use.

• The release will be staggered over the next couple of days starting from 26 Sep to 3 Oct.
  • The release notes will show up here once we initiate the release
  • To report issues with the build or applications raise an issue on gitlab

Feedback poll

We will also have a poll to rate this build.

• I have updated to v2.4 on my device and it is working well
  • I updated to v2.4 but I am having issues (Please share the issue details on this thread)
  • I am not able to update to v2.4 (Please share the issue details on this thread)
0 voters

Add this info to your feedback

When sharing your feedback or issues, Please add the following details

• Vendor Name
  • Device name
  • Device CodeName
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted

Refer this table for vendor, codename details

Refer this guide to share more details in your feedback

:warning: Do not share test build information

• This thread has been created specifically for posting information on official /e/OS builds.

• To understand the difference between build types refer this guide

• Please do not post information or links to /e/OS test builds on the forum.

• The test builds are as yet untested and under development, and may in some cases cause user devices to soft brick.

• Such information can confuse other users who do not see these builds in the updater.

• Remember not all users who come to this forum are experts in installing and formatting custom ROMs and can end up seriously damaging their devices by trying out these test builds

• If you are genuinely interested in helping with the testing activities and also understand how to fix and do some minor level of testing on custom ROMS, you are welcome to join the testing team

• As part of the testing team you can share your comments on the dedicated testing telegram channel.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

8 Likes

Vendor Name: Xiaomi

Device Name: Redmi K20 / Mi 9T

Code Name: davinci

Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-2.3-t-20240820427106-dev-davinci…

Device Not rooted

Vendor Name: Oneplus

Device Name: 7 Pro

Code Name: guacamole

Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-2.3-t-20240821427106-dev-guacamole…

Device Not rooted

both devices work very well with 2.4. the mi 9t runs very smoothly with it. many many thanks to the developer team for the very good work. :ok_hand: :+1: I am happy with e/os :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fairphone | FP3+ | FP3 | previously on /e/OS 2.3-t-20240820427106-dev-FP3 | not rooted

Other Fairphone users, bear in mind the stable version always comes a few days after the dev version. If you bought your FP with /e/OS pre-installed, you are on the stable version. Otherwise look up your version at Settings > About phone > /e/OS version.

You can also check availability of Fairphone /e/OS updates here
6 Likes

Samsung S10e and Tab S5e
Update from 2.3-t-dev to 2.4-t-community
All went well, no issues so far

Android security patches 5.9.2024
Great work. Thanks to the devs.

2 Likes

Congratulation to the dev team,
there was a long time that security patches aren’t so uptodate !

6 Likes

Vendor Name: OnePlus
Device Name: 8T
Code Name: kebab
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-2.3-t-20240821427106-dev-kebab
Current Version of /e/OS: 2.4-t-20240925436899-community-kebab
Device Rooted: No

Android Auto was working prior on 2.3. Since upgrading to 2.4 today, it is no longer functioning. The car doesn’t detect it exists and nothing appears on the phone, just the screen flash indicating the phone has been plugged in to a charger. Usually, an error would appear, so this made me curious. I plugged the phone into my laptop, and same thing, the laptop gave no sign of detecting the phone, and looking at the notifications, it didn’t show the usual “charging this device” to click to enabled “File Transfer”. I went into Developer Settings → Default USB configuration and set it to default to “File Transfer”. Not as secure, but now the device shows up with the laptop and Android Auto is functioning.

I also have an issue with the Account Manager crashing, but this is not new to 2.4 as it was happening in 2.3 for me. When I open the left menu and select Web Calendar Manager I am shown a list of my current subscriptions. I have one I want to delete but as soon as I select one to open, the app crashes. This is occurring on multiple installs, and multiple devices so I don’t think it is as simple as clearing cache or need to re-setup an account.

1 Like
Vendor Name : Google
Device name : Pixel 3 XL
Device CodeName : crosshatch
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 2.3
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not rooted

Thank you so much !

Vendor Name : Oneplus
Device name : Oneplus 9
Device CodeName : lemonade
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 2.3
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not rooted

No problems detected so far.
Thanks for the great work.

1 Like
  • Vendor Name - Google
  • Device name - Pixel 6 Pro
  • Device CodeName - Raven
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously - v2.3t
  • Device is Not Rooted

Working well. Thanks team for another successful build.

• Samsung
  • S10e
  • beyond0lte
  • 2.3-t…-dev
  • Not rooted

No issues so far. Thanks to the team!

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 2020 (LTE) [ gta4l ]

e-2.4-t-20240925436899-community-gta4l

metadata

ota-property-files=metadata:69:336,metadata.pb:473:216
ota-required-cache=0
ota-type=BLOCK
post-build=samsung/gta4lxx/qssi:12/SP1A.210812.016/T505XXS6CWI2:user/release-keys
post-build-incremental=eng.root.20240925.123102
post-sdk-level=33
post-security-patch-level=2024-09-05
post-timestamp=1727267386
pre-device=gta4l

T505XXS6CWI2 (2023) Bit/SW REV. 6 - no longer up to date

T505XXS8CXG1 (2024) Bit/SW REV. 8 - current since second quarter 2024
T505XXS7CXB1 (2024) Bit/SW REV. 7 - 1st quarter 2024; supported by LOS 21.0 so far

OPEN Ticket created 5 months ago by piero

Samsung
Galaxy S10+
beyond2lte
2.3-T
not rooted

1440p video playback still doens’t work with Night Light off (night Light on fixes it)
telephoto camera still cannot record video
I haven’t have enough time to test whether camera is crashing
Cannot test whether phone calls are still very quiet as 3UK switched off UMTS voice calls

Sony
Xperia 1 III
pdx215
2.3-T
not rooted
Fingerprint sensor doesn’t work (I cannot find any settings for fingerprint sensor)
Camera app is trying to use TOF sensor
Screen goes very dark, while Night Light and Dark Theme are both on. It is usable, but a bit excessivly dark.
Again VoLTE, VoWiFi and VoNR are all working on 3UK. Anybody needing phone with those for 3UK should be safe to use Sony Xperia 1 III

eBay still doesn’t work and it is same on both devices. No way to login, no way to display any listing.

Otherwise working great or I haven’t noticed or remember.

• Vendor Name Fairphone
  • Device name FP5
  • Device CodeName FP5
  • Version of /e/OS previously: 2.3-t
  • Device is not rooted

Everything tested works like a charm. I even switched to Fairphones camera app.

The release notes in the updater points still (already noticed in v2.3) to android s but should be android t

2 Likes

Wow, made me listen up. Murena fulfills a wish quietly! :+1: Thanks for the heads-up. :slight_smile:

:iphone: Fairphone 4 and 5

• You’ll now be able to enjoy Fairphone’s default camera app on your Fairphone 5 to take pictures and videos if you want to, you just need to enable one setting and reboot your phone

[from the release notes that @schwarz linked to above; emphasis mine]

P.S.: To pre-empt a very likely question, here’s the complete – likely – path (I’m just assuming it’s the same as for the FP4 as stated in the 2.2. release notes):

[…] you just need to enable one setting in Settings > Apps > Fairphone Camera and reboot your phone […]

2 Likes

Hi Tintin
Does your Pixel 3 XL work well with /e/ OS? I have one that I wanted to install /e/ on it but wanted some reassurance first. Do both front cameras work?
Merci.

Vendor Name: Xiaomi

Device Name: POCO F3

Code Name: Alioth

Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 2.3

Device Not rooted

It generally works well, thank you.

1 Like

Samsung
Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F)
herolte
before: 2.3-s-20240816426374-stable-herolte
now: 2.4-s-20240924436897-official-herolte
Not Rooted

… all well, no issues from what I see so far…
Thanks a lot for keeping that hardware alive!

3 Likes

Pixel 4a
sunfish
before: 2.3-t-20240820427106-dev-sunfish
now: 2.4-t-20240925436899-community-sunfish
not rooted

all well, no issues from what I see so far…
Hats off to the devs!

/e/ Drive widget not working, don’t know if it is a problem with the build, app, or service after the last maintence. Already create a issue in github at the link: eDrive Widget not working (#8306) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

Samsung S9+ “star2lte” bought at Murena
SM-G965F
updated to 2.4-s-20240924436897-official-star2lte
(Android 12)
previously running with /e/OS 2.3 (S, stable)
not rooted

Works very well,
Thanks!