Feedback for v4.2

• Nothing

• CMF1

• tetris

• not rooted

• from 4.1.1-a14-official

• to 4.2-a14-official via OTA

All major issues have been fixed :flexed_biceps:.

No endless reauthoring messages anymore :folded_hands:, even my old but gold Sennheiser PX-550 (V1) headset doesn’t interrupt the playback. There has been a bluetooth fix with new drivers for legacy devices and phones with Mediatek chipset in LineageOS 21.0 :partying_face:.

Big thanks to the dev-team, you did a great job! :heart:

4 Likes
  • Fairphone
  • Fairphone 3
  • FP3
  • Version previously: 4.1.1-a15-official
  • Not rooted
  • Bootloader locked

No issues so far. Thanks to the dev-team :+1:

2 Likes
  1. Fairphone
  2. Fairphone 6
  3. FP6
  4. e OS 4.1.1
  5. Not rooted

After the Update to 4.2 I’m having massive problems with the WiFi connection.
It seems to be an issue connected the DNS resolution.
After a reboot opening anything on the web is fine for a few minutes and after that, each page load, mail update or any other app update needs 30s plus.

The issues is independent of the WiFi network, and also not related to a specific DNS server.
I tried multiple combinations of both.

I have no problems on the local network, which is as fast as previously.

Also via 5G everythings works fine.

I have also tried disabling the random MAC address for the WiFi connection.
All to no avail.

Any ideas on how this can be fixed or further investigated are welcome.

1 Like

Did you try changing the DNS to default from wifi provider or to 1.1.1.1 ?

1 Like

I have the same issue and learned that Fairphone has a problem with the Android 16 WLAN driver. The issue depends on ipV6 and/or DNS over TLS configuration. I deactivated ipV6 in my router and it seems that WLAN connection don’t freeze anymore. IpV4 only VPN works as well.

I am still facing sync problems between workspace and my phone. With WLAN I loose sync connection every hour and with 5G about twice a day.

I now deactivated WLAN and hope Fairphone will find a solution for their messy WLAN driver so that e/OS developer can implement for future updates.

1 Like

I started with the static value of my Pihole instance (as Set up in 4.1.1), then the Router, then the ISP’s DNS directly.

After that I Switched to DHCP.

I also tried 9.9.9.9 and for a bit even Googles DNS.

All other Devices in my home Networks, are ok with either the Pihole or Router as DNS.

I also tried at my parent’s house. Other WiFi (of course) and other ISP. Same result.

On my FP6, e/OS v4.2 shows that Android webview is version 148.0.7778.178, which dates back in May 2026…. As a comparison, CalyxOS v.7.2.4.20 (e.g. for FP5), which was released 2.5 weeks ago with the August security patch, includes Android webview 151.0.7922.71, while IodéOS v7.7 also seems to run on Android webview 151.x. It seems that over 1400 security flaws were fixed between v149, v150 and v151. So e/OS v4.2. apparently misses all those updates…

I’ve never been that much worried with the small lag in security updates for the monthly Android SPL in e/OS. However lags in Android webview seem much more critical. I’d be glad if the team could finally issue the promised statement on e/OS security policy that has been announced since several months in the weekly dev and testing update threads, with a specific emphasis on why android webview could not be updated separately from the rest of the OS (as in e.g. AXP.OS), or include a more recent iteration.

1 Like

I have the same issue of DNS since 4.1.1. On FP6. Many apps do not get a connection, when they do, it is at random. While one app may have internet connection, another one may not. It is a game of patience and luck. Once a connection is established, speed is “normal”.

This is independent from mobile network or WiFi. Is there any fix to be suggested? It makes the phone close to unusable.

Edit: IP APN settings is set to IPv4. Issue appeared in 4.1.1 and continues in 4.2

1 Like

Wow, thanks.

Disabling v6 in the router seems to have fixed it - well worked around the error.

1 Like
  1. Fairphone

  2. Fairphone 6

  3. FP6

  4. e OS 4.1.1

  5. Not rooted

No major problem after updating to 4.2. I can confirm the whatsapp support works. However it was not detecting the google account (already in the phone) so i had to delete it and login again. Aditionally i also encountered the ipv6 DNS problem i will apply the suggested solution, however proper support should be a priority

  1. Fairphone
  2. Fairphone 6
  3. FP6
  4. Version previously: 4.1.1-a16-official
  5. Not rooted
  6. Bootloader locked

Update was fast and smooth.

No issue seems to occur. Everything looks good!

However, still no “Seedvault” back-up (gone since 4.1.1). Only Murena Workspace is available.

I thought Seedvault was supposed to be back on 4.2?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Oh, Ok, Thank you… ! (I missed this information). :wink:

So for my home network i should wait because my priority network is over v6?

Fairphone 6, not rooted

No new issues with this update except for two that I already had :

  1. I can’t setup more than one fingerprint and its config breaks with reboots : FP6 Fingerprint sensor forgets my fingerprints, can't register again
  2. Some apps can’t access internet over wifi (probably the DNS issue others describe)
  • Gigaset
  • GS290
  • Version previously installed: 4.1.1-A15-official
  • Not rooted
    No issues so far.

Thanks a lot to the dev-team!

FP5, not rooted
4.1.1-a15 → 4.2-a15-official
Superfast download & install! :+1:
Everything fine and working.

1 Like
  1. Fairphone

  2. Fairphone 6

  3. FP6

  4. e OS 4.1.1

  5. Not rooted

    According to the Updater, there is no update to 4.2 available yet.

1 Like

Provider Name: Fairphone

Device Name: Murena The Fairphone

Device Code-Name: FP6

Version of /e/OS that existed before: e/OS 4.1.1

Is the device: not rooted

The update went through without any problems. The problems with the WLAN/IPV6 have remained as in 4.11 Unfortunately, another app (Barmer ecare) has now been hit.

The app does not start in the WLAN or in the mobile network, therefore not usable at the moment. I hope for a remedy

Das Update lief ohne Probleme durch.

Die Probleme mit dem WLAN/IPV6 sind geblieben wie in 4.11

Leider hat es jetzt eine weitere App (Barmer ecare) erwischt. Die App startet weder im WLAN noch im mobilen Netz,

daher im Moment nicht zu gebrauchen. Ich hoffe auf Abhilfe

1 Like
  1. Fairphone

  2. Fairphone 6

  3. FP6

  4. Version previously: 4.1.1-a16-official

  5. Not rooted

  6. Bootloader locked

Update went smooth and fast.

:warning: I’m still experiencing the “failing account authentification” trouble that comes very often (after some minutes), even if I relog myself.

1 Like