FP5 rebooting occasionally since /e/os 1.18 upgrade

I also experience these seemingly random occurences.

Just wanted to add that before I installed /e/OS on my FP5 I had it running with the pre-installed Android for a few days, and these shut-downs happened there, too.

So IMO this isn’t an /e/OS bug, this is the FairPhone’s doing. Hopefully they can fix whatever tthis bug is, so the /e/ developers can have something to push to us users. We appreciate the work you put in, thank you.

I haven’t experienced this for a while and for me it was caused by some apps trying to contact trackers with full CPU use and getting blocked by advanced privacy.

Can anyone experiencing this run top -b -n 1 -o %CPU,%MEM,CMDLINE -s1 -m 20 in adb shell and see if anything is having abnormal CPU usage?

Experiencing this as well. Before updating to 2.2 it was like 1/week but now it’s multiple times a day

Still rebooting daily after update on 2.2…

I am on 2.1 (FP5, rooted, no e/os/ account).
Had reboots daily until I disabled the ‘/e/ drive’ app. I have no idea if it will help others, but no reboots in a week (so far) :slight_smile:

I confirm that i have also have UI reboots 1-3 times per day since i have my phone installed with /e/OS 2.1.

First i will add 2 screenshots and then i will edit my comment on my laptop. (Typing goes better)

So, the screenshots are a little bit bigger then i thougt, so i changed the format.

In reaction on the answer from Manoj that this bug proberly comes from a memory problem?
I disabled storage management. (i do not believe that this wil solve the problem, but we will see what it does.

I also noticed somethin about a TRUST Security app that tells me that Google sending patches to this phone to secure my safety or something like that.

Same issue here : random reboot
seems like it’s when I’m typing things … so I thought it was linked to the keyboard app and tried a different one but the issue came back.
Then I thought it was the SMS app but then I had the same issue using Signal

Don’t know what to do actually

Phone : FP5
/e/ OS : 2.2 stable (← not yet, krr krr)

1 Like

Looks like fix for soft reboot in release notes again provisionally for 2.3. Could it finally be fixed…

This topic was automatically closed after 227 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

It looks like 2.4 hopefully has (another) fix for this:

Hope to see some reports here, when 2.4 is getting released.