Feedback for v2.0

Release Information

Please share feedback on v2.0 build for your device and let us know how it is working with applications that you use.

• The release will be staggered over the next couple of days starting from 14 May up to 16 May.
  • The release notes will show up here once we initiate the release
  • To report issues with the build or applications raise an issue on gitlab
  • For Bliss Launcher v3 pl note it is only available on A12 or /e/OS S and A13 or /e/OS T

Feedback poll

We will also have a poll to rate this build.

• I have updated to v2.0 on my device and it is working well
  • I updated to v2.0 but I am having issues (Please share the issue details on this thread)
  • I am not able to update to v2.0 (Please share the issue details on this thread)
0 voters

Add this info to your feedback

When sharing your feedback or issues, Please add the following details

• Vendor Name
  • Device name
  • Device CodeName
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted

Refer this table for vendor, codename details

Refer this guide to share more details in your feedback

:warning: Do not share test build information

• This thread has been created specifically for posting information on official /e/OS builds.

• To understand the difference between build types refer this guide

• Please do not post information or links to /e/OS test builds on the forum.

• The test builds are as yet untested and under development, and may in some cases cause user devices to soft brick.

• Such information can confuse other users who do not see these builds in the updater.

• Remember not all users who come to this forum are experts in installing and formatting custom ROMs and can end up seriously damaging their devices by trying out these test builds

• If you are genuinely interested in helping with the testing activities and also understand how to fix and do some minor level of testing on custom ROMS, you are welcome to join the testing team

• As part of the testing team you can share your comments on the dedicated testing telegram channel.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

6 Likes
  • Sony
  • Z5 compact
  • suzuran
  • 1.20-r-dev
  • rooted

Update without problems.
Bliss Launcher is version 1.18.

1 Like

Fairphone | FP3+ | FP3 | previously on /e/OS 1.21-t-20240324389105-dev-FP3 | not rooted

Was virtually immediately available after I noticed Manoj’s post. 1.2 GB. Flawless install.

Some before/after screenshots (my green wallpaper remained):

Noticed minor issue: With the smaller vertical spacing :+1: , two Öffi app icons were automatically moved from screen 2 to screen 1 – the remaining third Öffi app icon on screen 2 was apparently tripled (my screenshots 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 right above, mustard-colored app icons with a green H in the centre).

Improvement: Moving apps manually from one screen to another appears much easier now at first sight. :slight_smile:

EDIT (17:57 CEST): Bliss Launcher is on 3.0.1-beta (according to App info). (referring to @ne20002 and @piero reporting just 1.18 – maybe R and T make the difference here – see @Xxpsilon)

1 Like

Vendor Name Samsung
Device name strong textGalaxy Tab A7 10.4 2020 (LTE)
Device CodeName gta4l
Version of /e/OS which existed previously e-1.21-t-20240324389105-dev-gta4l
Version of Recovery which existed previously recovery-e-2.0-t-20240508399779-dev-gta4l
Device Not rooted

The newly designed app icons of Files, Settings Gallery Contacts and Calculator with BlissLauncher v3.0.1-beta immediately catch the eye.

Although the TFT LCD display cannot keep up with the quality of the Super AMOLED of the Samsung Galaxy S5e (gts4lv / gts4lvwifi), the app icons are beautifully vibrant in color and can be scaled wonderfully. This also gives the tablet a visual facelift.

The first impression of /e/OS V2.0 is very good. Thank you very much to the d/e/v team :sparkles: :dizzy: :star: :star2:

Samsung
S5e Tab / SM-T720
gtls4lvwifi
1.21-t-dev
rooted

Update without problem. Minor layout problem as on the screenshot (content slightly shifted to the right).

1 Like

If anyone is willing to share - I’d be happy to learn whether grouped app-icons (before) are still grouped after update.

hello i have updated to e-2.0-r-20240509400072-dev-jfltexx last week and have 2 issues

Samsung
Galaxy s4
jflte 
previously e-1.21-r-20240323388943-dev-jfltexx
Not rooted
  • BlissLauncher is still on version 1.18
  • i still cannot writting on this forumn using the default browser, latest working was e-1.18

Yes they are still grouped.

2 Likes

Xiaomi
Redmi Note 9 Pro
e-1.21-t-20240325389105-dev-miatoll
Rooted

Update without problem. So far i don’t see/expirience any problems.

Oneplus 5 cheeseburger
2.0-t-20240507399779-dev-cheeseburger

Bottom panel has raised a bit. There is a annoying gap at the bottom of the screen. Otherwise, everything works just fine.

1 Like

Maybe because you are running a dev ROM and not a stable ROM.

Samsung Note 3, SM-N9005, hlte: Bliss Launcher v1.18.0

Samsung TAB A7, SM-T500, gta4lwifi: Bliss Launcher v3.0.1-beta

Both updatet from v1.21, not rooted

Same here for the TAB A7
Screenshot_14.5.2024_BlissLauncher

Updated to V2.0 on Oneplus 7t pro
Bliss Launcher v3.0.1_beta

Updatet from v1.21, not rooted

One small issue:

• with the new photoapp, you can toggle the lens. By default it shows Lens 1 (right bottem). When I go tot Lens 4, I get:

Failed to start camera preview:

And then the app hangs with:

Serious camera error

Isn’t dev and stable the same just different ‘bulid keys’?

@mihi, changes in stable are delayed compared to dev (to be tested by more users than just the test team)

i also think this.

2 Likes
  • Vendor Name - Google
  • Device name - Pixel 6 Pro
  • Device CodeName - Raven
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously - Iode
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted - Not Rooted

Clean installation went smooth with no problems.
Using Ruthless Launcher for the moment. I’ll have a play with Bliss when I have some free time.
Thanks to the entire team for your time and effort :+1:

Edit- Bliss Launcher is awesome. Spent time setting up various folders and widgets. Second day in and I think Ill keep it. Great job team. Thanks

1 Like
  • Sony
  • XZ2 premium
  • Aurora
  • /e/OS 1.21-T
  • Not rooted, unlocked boot-loader

Update went well although slowly as usually (no complaints!.. just an observation). Didn’t have time to test well enough but seems to work well.
Only problem spotted so far is that the system navigation (System → Gestures → System Navigation) if set on 2-button navigation it doesn’t work (properly). 3-button navigation has no problems.
2-button navigation seems to work similar (?) to gesture navigation. I cannot say for sure as I dislike very much gesture navigation so I don’t use it.
I use 2-button navigation so the problem was obvious.
I was not able to spot any difference in the camera app behavior; only its icon has changed. Unfortunately still no support for all (2) cameras on the back which I really hoped would “magically” happen. I thought /E/ would switch to (LineageOS) Aperture when the announcement about the new camera app was made.

Thank you very much to the developers for their efforts and to Murena for making this ROM possible!

I’m looking forward for the update to 2.0 for my daily driver as of now (S9+).

1 Like

Device: POCO X3 NFC, NO ROOT, Updated through updater, using Trebuchet as default launcher

Haven’t found problem so far other than…

1. Painfully slow download as I kept getting disconnected almost every 3 ~ 5 minutes.
    It also happened with manual download that I had to use some sort of download managers (doesn’t happen like that with downloads from other places).
    Therefore, please let the updater automatically resume upon disconnect (this way, we won’t have to tap “resume” every 3 ~ 5 minutes)

2. 2-button navigation, for some reason, is misbehaving after the update. So I’ve changed to 3-button (as someone else already mentioned about it)

Thank you for your work.

Vendor Name: Motorola
Device name: Moto G 5G
Device CodeName: kiev
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.21-t-20240325389105-dev-kiev
Version of /Recovery which existed previously: recovery-e-1.21-t-20240325389105-dev-kiev
The device is Not rooted

OTA update with reasonably fast ROM download.
The new BlissLouncher v3.0.1-beta with new wallpaper is integrated.

1 Like

Samsung
Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F)
herolte
before: 1.21-r-20240322388914-stable-herolte
now: 2.0-r-20240506399551-stable-herolte
Not Rooted

… no issues …
Thanks a lot for keeping that hardware alive!

But with regards to all the hype about 2.0 … I must say there’s absolutely no (or very little maybe somewhere?) change in look+feel from what I’ve seen so far …maybe I am missing something here… or maybe R is just kept as it is…(?)

edit: found it - it´s a pity:

4 Likes