[HOWTO] Installing Banking Apps

For the archive:

I’m now quite happy with aurora. I was able to install all banking apps I needed from aurora and they runs for now on /e/.

4 Likes

Tgx, good to know.but pls ket us all know which banking apps are working

Yalp store (fork) was updated in July and is available in Apps.

I’m using yalp as ‘backup’ ud Aurora isn’t working :wink:

But I want know the banking apps, not the store :wink:

Hi,

I’ve been using /e/ for some time now and tried to use it for my banking as well. Here come the “bad” news:

• CIC app is working for account “check” : you can see your balance and “everything”. I did not try the transfer yet. BUT you cannot register the phone for “Mobile Confirmation” (“cannot connect to the server”): meaning you cannot buy anything on internet since the app doesn’t detect the transaction.
  • “Secure Sign” Crédit Suisse is working (double authentication in order to access the account on your computer) but when trying to connect to the account using the “Banking” app, a message “a technical error has occurred” appears

If anyone has a solution for CIC, I would be more than happy to hear it (I had to take one of my -very- old phone and install the app on it, not exactly ideal…). Maybe create a “virtual machine” inside my phone, which really reproduces a “non rooted” environment?

NB: CIC app doesn’t show any warning concerning Rooted phone (before and after MagisK), Crédit Suisse does (both before and after the MagisK installation)

PS: All application were installed using Aurora (and are up to date)

1 Like

I didn’t use your apps, but the problems with the banks’ new TAN procedures (Payment Service Directive / PSD2) are similar.

I also tried @harvey186 hint …

Both apps are working properly so far.

1 Like

It worked for a Citibank app

2 Likes

Hi Harvey,
I have tried unsuccessfully the N26 bank software downloaded from Aurora.
Control on Magisk … SafetyNet successfull; ctsProfile:false, basicIntegrity:false.
Rootcheck: Root access properly installed
Busybox 1.30.1 installed on /sbin
I closed my N26 account after opening one month earlier.
What do you think? Have you others returns of experience?
I am interested to know your opinion. Thanks in advance.
Michel

1 Like

Have you tried N26 app without root ? I have heard that it will work out of the box without any ‘hacks’

2 Likes

Just succeeded to install and activate and use the banking app “com.bpb.mobilebanking.smartphone.prd”.
I could install it before but never got it in use really. This is how it worked: on a rooted phone have Aurora from F-Droid installed, go to “settings > Apps & notifications > All apps > microG Servics Core > disable and force stop MicroG”, go to the Aurora store to download the app as apk, go to “Files > Aurora” and install the apk. After that go into “settings > developer options” and disable root. Then activate and use the app.
Don’t forget never to use the banking app on the phone while it is rooted.

4 Likes

Hi,

I use the CIC app, didn’t notice any problem with mobile phone registration.
I get notified on my phone when needed by CIC, and confirmation is working fine.

Did you try both mobile data network and WiFi ?

My phone is Xiaomi MiMix2 (chiron) running Oreo (official), registration at CIC was done last summer with latest build available at this time, and I re-checked notification today with latest build.

FYI : notification seems to use kind of “push” mechanism, maybe you can investigate this way ?

I have no luck with DKB-TAN2go on a fresh install of /e/ Pie 0.7 and
Magisk 20.3 on a Samsung S5 (klte). Any ideas? Here is what I did:

1. Installed e-0.7-p-2020022042012-dev-klte.zip according to
    https://doc.e.foundation/devices/klte/install with TWRP:
    a) Format Data
    b) Wipe System and Cache
    c) Sideload /e/

2. Sideload Magisk-v20.3.zip

3. Installed busybox via Apps, opened it, and granted eternal root access.

4. Configured Magisk:
    a) Hide Magisk Manager, new name: Manager. Magisk Manager quits, needs
    to be restarted, asks to download Magisk Manager, yes.
    b) Enabled Core Only Mode
    c) Magisk Hide was already enabled.

5. Checked Trust settings: fine.

6. Installed DKB-TAN2go via Apps without opening it.

7. Enable it in Magisk Hide.

8. Started DKB-TAN2go, but I only get redirected to the page
    https://www.dkb.de/info/banking_app/hinweis.html

9. So I completely uninstalled Magisk via the Magisk Manager.

10. Started DKB-TAN2go again, which succeeded.

for some users Tan2Go works out of the box. No root needed.

So I would prefer to remove all, incl. MagisK and start with a plain eOS.

2 Likes

Thanks for your quick answer! For a couple of reasons I’d like to have the phone rooted. So it seems it’s either root or TAN2Go in my case. Or are there any tricks worth trying?

no, sorry. if you really need root (what is very bad, because the phone gets unsecure with root) and the HowTo is not working (for al lot of people it is working) you will have a big problem, sorry

In fact when I download N26 software from Aurora it looks properly installed and I even transferred some money to the account and checked the balance but when I tried to pay from the account it was impossible. So after many chat with N26 support I decided to close the account. So it is too late to try without root. I am very upset because soon it will be necessary to go through Gg even to apply for a driving licence!!! Thank you for you help.

1 Like

try Bunq! it works fine on my /e/ phone and really is next-level banking.

1 Like

Thank you. I will investigate but first I think that I will have
to decide to remove root because I am afraid that all the banks
will have the same policy soon or later.

1 Like

ood idea. You now that there is a magisK removal tool available on XDA ??

1 Like

No but I will search it.Thanks

1 Like