[HOWTO] Installing Banking Apps

The following setup I have testet successfull on 3 Xiaomi devices with (German Bank) DKB Tan2Go app from Aurora.

1. download latest magisK .zip from XDA (never use another source!!!) and flash it via TWRP (like flashing a custom rom) and reboot system
  2. from Apps or f-droid install BusyBox (BusyBox für Android) - https://f-droid.org/app/ru.meefik.busybox
  3. open BusyBox and install it - give it root access for ever
  4. open Settings in MagisK Manager
  5. Hide Magisk Manager (Point 4)
  6. scroll down to ‘Magisc Core Only Mode’ and enable it
  7. Same for ‘Magisk Hide’
  8. Under ‘Settings’ / ‘Seccurity’ check ‘Trust’. It should be like this ‘Root access’ MUST disbabled !!!
  9. Download Banking app - here I’m downloading DKB Tan2Go
  10. In MagisK Manager under ‘MagisK Hide’ enable the Banking app
  11. Now open the banking app and it should work.

If your banking apps will work after this setup, please report it here, so we will get a “list” of working banking apps. thanks

7 Likes

Magisk is good for stock firmwares, but LineageOS-based ROMs have their own official root (SU). Why not use it instead?

Because the SU provided by LOS does not have a hide function and some apps (like some banking apps) will detect root and not work.

1 Like

Probably too much of a beginner to ask this, but how i my supposes to patch Magisk ? Should i patch a /e/ img as requested?
I’m already on a phone with /e/ OS installed, and i don’t want to begin everything else just for giving Root. (Even if i can do a simple backup via adb). Isn’t possible to just patch it to one of the /e/ updates ?

1 Like

Actually that is a good question @PoorPocketsMcNewHold !
@harvey186 maybe you need to add a few steps to the start of the HowTo on how one adds Magisk.

please follow the link to XDA on my howto. There it is described how to flash Magisk

EDIT: Sorry, no description there :frowning: OK. I will add the following to my howto

1. download latest MagisK .zip and flash it via TWRP (same as you flashing a custom rom)

You can make a complete backup with twrp.

Absolut correct !!! :+1:

Found this on the forum may help

Also found this guide for rooted phones (with pictures)
https://magiskmanager.com/#How_to_Install_Magisk_Latest_Version_193_on_Android_Non-Rooted_Phones
-: also the page explains how to use it for banking.

1 Like